PDA

View Full Version : Ecclestone: Alonso wanted to leave Ferrari

N4D13
2nd December 2013, 19:24
Well, I just came across this in Autosport: http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/111706.

I'd like to know your opinion. Personally, I think this is just Bernie blowing things out of proportion. Of course Alonso must have been looking for a B plan just if, but I don't really buy that Alonso actually wanted to leave Ferrari. Who knows...

Ranger
2nd December 2013, 23:07
It isn't really surprising that proven world champions don't want to see their years wasted in inferior cars.

Problem is that while 1 team is clearly ahead of the game, there is no better option out there.

kfzmeister
3rd December 2013, 15:53
Fernando often has made choices based upon emotion. Not always have they served him well. I'm sure he's learning from his past decisions. I'm also sure that he will stay at Ferrari in 2014, but would not bet against him making a move to McLaren in '15. If Ferrari cannot provide him with a more competitive car and actually continue to develop throughout the year, why stay? Let Kimi help Ferrari develop a championship car. Lol

Mia 01
3rd December 2013, 17:39
Partly i agree with Bernie. In the latter part of this year alonso was not a happy man that was obvious and he faded away in the standings. I think that both Alonso and LDM has had enough of each other for different reasons. Ferrari have to deliver a very good car next year or Alonso will leave.

Tazio
3rd December 2013, 20:31
:stareup: :wave: :snore:

airshifter
4th December 2013, 02:49
I think it's possible Bernie is right, even though I think he should have kept his mouth shut as far as public opinions go.

It seems Ferrari are capable of sucking the motivation out of drivers, and they do it on a regular basis. They need to focus on the car and quit acting as if drivers can take a pig to the podium all the time.

henners88
4th December 2013, 09:19
Bernie proves once again how trustworthy he is then. :erm:

555-04Q2
4th December 2013, 11:07
Actually Bernie is a man of his word from what I know. If he makes a promise, he keeps it, he is old school and his word is his bond.

What you don't want though is to get on his bad side. Many people have learnt that the hard way :p:

henners88
5th December 2013, 08:49
I have very little respect for Bernie as it is, so he can blab about personal conversations all he wants. Hopefully this corruption case will force him out of the sport for good. He's had his time, made his money and alienated fans with his greed. Good bye Bernie, make it quick!

Mia 01
5th December 2013, 12:40
On other blogs theres speculation that he already will be in MacLaren for next year, replacing Button. Well time will tell us.

Anyway, Bernie got a point.

Sage-sg
5th December 2013, 17:20
Maybe Alonso is afraid Kimi=)))))

Storm
10th December 2013, 12:12
I can understand his frustration with Ferrari this year especially...but McLaren right now? unless he knows something about their next year's car we don't know.

Tazio
12th December 2013, 14:05
Hardly think so mate! Depending on the drivability of the car I think Fred will ruin the freakin’ guy almost as mercilessly a he did to Felipe, especially if the car is once again not the easiest to handle. On the other hand If Ferrari produce a very easy car to be fast in then Kimi should be able to:
1) Almost be as fast as Zo, and capable of scoring the kind of points you would expect a decent driver to score, while helping Ferrari, and Fred to both championships.
2) Most likely get utterly thrashed by Fred, I mean he's just not quite in the same league as Alonso and will IMHO get destroyed. “Blown to the wall” is the expression I think I read The Black Knight use.
3) Receive remuneration for his work quite expeditiously and overall make good party in Italia. :champion:

N4D13
13th December 2013, 20:20
[quote="Sage-sg":1civu5se]Maybe Alonso is afraid Kimi=)))))
Hardly think so mate! Depending on the drivability of the car I think Fred will ruin the freakin’ guy almost as mercilessly a he did to Felipe, especially if the car is once again not the easiest to handle. On the other hand If Ferrari produce a very easy car to be fast in then Kimi should be able to:
1) Almost be as fast as Zo, and capable of scoring the kind of points you would expect a decent driver to score, while helping Ferrari, and Fred to both championships.
2) Most likely get utterly thrashed by Fred, I mean he's just not quite in the same league as Alonso and will IMHO get destroyed. “Blown to the wall” is the expression I think I read The Black Knight use.
3) Receive remuneration for his work quite expeditiously and overall make good party in Italia. :champion:[/quote:1civu5se]
There's a Spanish saying that goes something like this: don't sell a bear pelt without hunting it down first! ;)

Doc Austin
22nd December 2013, 18:57

Alonso has already shown that he gets a bit temperamental if he has a fast teammate.

I expect this to be a fascinating battle. I suspect that by the time they get to Europe Alonso will be talking a lot of trash and Kimmi, will be........uhhhhh, not saying much.

Tazio
24th December 2013, 05:19
This is why they want to keep him

“For me, they are both great,” the Brazilian told Spain’s AS sports newspaper, who in Brazil last weekend surveyed every driver on the grid for their opinion about Vettel versus Alonso.

“Vettel is the Champion,” Massa added, “Fernando is considered the best. You want me to say one? I won’t do that.”

Others are less diplomatic. “I think that in that Red Bull, Alonso would win even more easily than Vettel does,” said Mercedes’ Lewis Hamilton.

Nico Rosberg added: “I don’t know if Alonso is the best, but he’s one of the best, no doubt. Better than Seb? Maybe.”

Alonso’s fellow Spanish speaker, Mexican Sergio Perez, answered: “Although this year has been all about Vettel, it is clear to me that Alonso is the best.”Weird!
Then again kimi could get hot with a Ferrari challenger that suites him :)

N4D13
25th December 2013, 17:48
But that was "said" to As. I wouldn't give them any credibility at all. ;)

Mia 01
12th April 2014, 00:06
That´s a given as it stands.