PDA

View Full Version : Here's an interesting set of numbers

IndyCarFan
12th April 2007, 00:59
I check in the on these forums periodically and read the posts that interest me. I don't post too often though because I just don't have the time. Usually when I check in I look to see how many "viewers" are online at that time and I've noticed a trend. Here are the stats as of right now:

F1 12 viewers
Champ Cars 33 viewers
Touring Cars 14 viewers
Indy Cars 6 viewers
SCSA 9 viewers
NASCAR 8 viewers
GT / LeMans 5 viewers
A1GP 0 viewers (they haven't even had a post yet this month)
Motorcycle 9 viewers

Granted, this is just a snap shot in time and it's certainly not scientific. I don't visit other forums so maybe the numbers are totally different on another forum. Maybe all the IndyCarFans (that sounds familiar) are posting somewhere else.

pdalbey
12th April 2007, 02:00
If you look at Talk Radio, you would find very few conservatives tuning into Al Franken. It's the exact same situation here. There are much more IRL-friendly site at which to post.

Hayden Fan
12th April 2007, 02:03
I check in the on these forums periodically and read the posts that interest me. I don't post too often though because I just don't have the time. Usually when I check in I look to see how many "viewers" are online at that time and I've noticed a trend. Here are the stats as of right now:

F1 12 viewers
Champ Cars 33 viewers
Touring Cars 14 viewers
Indy Cars 6 viewers
SCSA 9 viewers
NASCAR 8 viewers
GT / LeMans 5 viewers
A1GP 0 viewers (they haven't even had a post yet this month)
Motorcycle 9 viewers

Granted, this is just a snap shot in time and it's certainly not scientific. I don't visit other forums so maybe the numbers are totally different on another forum. Maybe all the IndyCarFans (that sounds familiar) are posting somewhere else.

Oh, yeah. TC and CC seem to be popular. Hope the IRL numbers do change though.

BitterBeer
12th April 2007, 02:54
I suppose we can all point to where the Indy Car fans are posting. Instead I`ll insert my 2 cents by saying that MSF is the most rounded motorsports forum on the web for my taste...I should come here more often.
Out of the other two forums that I visit that have all the disciplines (F1/AOWR/Rally/bikes/stock cars...etc)...one is too Euro...so I feel a bit lost in the lingo, one is associated with a TV channel and is too American. The rest have a heavy bias to one form of racing or another.
Maybe fans of the IRL feel threatened here...their loss.

Alexamateo
12th April 2007, 03:16
I agree that this is the best forum of all and probably the most well-rounded with a fair # of American and International posters. I come here for champcar news and Trackforum for Indycar related news.

45 Below
12th April 2007, 06:56
I generally enjoy the boards here too, despite the occasional trolling. I mainly post in the Indy, Champ and A1GP, although the latter has been really quiet. It seemed to slow down last year when they made the switchover to the new forums.

NoFender
12th April 2007, 20:56
Speaking as a fan of either series, I can say that a big majority of CC fans on message boards have bashed,blamed,insulted, and even threatened any member who ever considered themselves IRL fans or even sat on the fence. Not to say that there haven't been IRL fans who have done the same, but the anger and rage was most certainly sided with CC fans. I know for a fact that this has made an impact on the message board numbers, and the numbers of people interested in the sport itself. It'll take some time for those to return, but I think they're already starting.