PDA

View Full Version : Pay Kimi

Nem14
11th November 2013, 16:30
Lotus - Pay your driver per the contract you made with him.

Lotus sucks - as an employer.

555-04Q2
12th November 2013, 07:19
Well ok then, I suppose I have to agree :p: :D

henners88
12th November 2013, 08:43
They should take out a loan to pay Kimi off and then learn a valuable lesson. Limit contracts to £3 million a year for all drivers employed in the future. I think Williams paid their drivers very little or have done in certain cases, apart from Mansell who had a special contract in '94. If the car is good enough to win, a driver will want to drive it. Free up the scope for individual sponsorship and cut the wage bill. I don't know how much Kimi was on, but his manager Robertson is notorious for negotiating high earning contracts. Lotus could do themselves a big favour in future.

Tazio
12th November 2013, 09:34
:snore:

zako85
12th November 2013, 10:57
Let's start a charity fund to collect some money for Kimi so that he could at least afford to pay his rent, heating bills, and drink vodka until his fat Lotus check arrives.

Finski
12th November 2013, 12:02
Let's start a charity fund to collect some money for Kimi so that he could at least afford to pay his rent, heating bills, and drink vodka until his fat Lotus check arrives.

LOL :laugh:

555-04Q2
12th November 2013, 13:18

Or he could sell his alcohol stock at home and pay his own rent ;) :p:

N4D13
13th November 2013, 02:11

Or he could sell his alcohol stock at home and pay his own rent ;) :p:
Or he could burn it and have free heating! :laugh:

555-04Q2
13th November 2013, 06:07
:rotflmao:

Nem14
15th November 2013, 01:41
Did Heikki Kovalainen make 'em pay him upfront?

Or is he driving for free? :)

Koz
15th November 2013, 02:26
Did Heikki Kovalainen make 'em pay him upfront?

Or is he driving for free? :)

He's paying them to drive!! ;)

philipbain
15th November 2013, 15:33
He's paying them to drive!! ;)

I don't know about that but I don't think he'll be getting much if anything in terms of renumeration. For Heiki it's definitely an opportunity for him to remind the F1 world of just how good he is, I think that in his time at McLaren he was very much the no.2 driver and like all of Hamilton's team mates found Lewis' pace a very difficult thing to live with. As for Caterham, it was a miracle they even got on the grid in 2010 but the very short lead time did result in a car with the aerodynamic finesse of a house brick, and even going forward with Renault power and a new chassis in 2011 the Caterham was always going to be a very difficult platform from which to show your capabilities as a competitive F1 driver. I wish Heiki all the best in Austin & Sao Paulo, he's a capable drive who shouldn't be in the sidelines, the fact he is just shows you how badly the sport is currently being run (ie. CVC Capital Partners taking £600m a year out of the sport!)

journeyman racer
16th November 2013, 00:59
Where's the union representative??? It really is a disgrace that Lotus have treated him this way. He's carried the team.

jens
17th November 2013, 15:26

Yeah, the problem is how can you pay if you don't have anything to pay with. :burp: Maybe Genii Capital should take one more loan to pay Kimi's salary. I mean it has seemed they have already taken quite a few loans to fund the team. :p And now they are arguably in deep debts...

rjbetty
18th November 2013, 04:09

Yeah, the problem is how can you pay if you don't have anything to pay with. :burp: Maybe Genii Capital should take one more loan to pay Kimi's salary. I mean it has seemed they have already taken quite a few loans to fund the team. :p And now they are arguably in deep debts...

Jens I SO agree. I can only think people are reacting like this as they don't understand what it is to be in SERIOUS financial difficulty, to the point there has been a real danger of closing down.

Pay Kimi with WHAT?!

Personally I have lost a lot of respect for Kimi. Has Romain been paid? Neither has Hulkenberg. But these younger drivers have conducted themselves admirably and with understanding.

555-04Q2
18th November 2013, 11:28
It doesn't matter if they have money or not. They signed an agreement with Kimi and they need to stick to it. Poor planning/foresight is the fault of the team management, not the driver(s) and staff. I'm not the worlds biggest Kimi fan, but they need to stick to their agreement.

AndyL
18th November 2013, 12:53
According to Mansoor Ijaz when interviewed on TV at the weekend, the Quantum/Lotus tie-up is a done deal and Eric Boullier will have cash in his hands within a week. So they should be able to pay Kimi soon :)

jens
18th November 2013, 13:15
It doesn't matter if they have money or not.

Actually it does matter, because if you don't have money, you physically can't pay anything. Basic logic.:p

It is down to the management, but only they know, what have they done to get into such situation. From business point of view I guess they (Genii Capital) have taken quite a lot of risks to get there, because as we see Lotus F1 is a very competitive team right now. But it could have been a Pyrrhic victory - the price of getting up there is too high and now they have to concede defeat and fall away. Reminds me Leeds United from Premiership more than a decade ago, who for a while was very competitive and then drastically dropped off. This is what happens with risky business plans - it is all or nothing.

555-04Q2
18th November 2013, 14:59
It doesn't matter if they have money or not.

Actually it does matter, because if you don't have money, you physically can't pay anything. Basic logic.:p

I am willing to bet they have paid other staff and their suppliers. Hell they have to pay air fares and hotels for each race. They could pay him something at least, they just choose not to ;)

Mia 01
18th November 2013, 16:57
They are loosing third and perhaps they even could got second in the WCC with Kimi onboard. The difference moore than cover what they owe Kimi i think. But i guess that here are a few holes to put the price money in other than Kimis pockets.

jens
18th November 2013, 19:30
[quote="555-04Q2":20lzs51e]It doesn't matter if they have money or not.

I am willing to bet they have paid other staff and their suppliers. Hell they have to pay air fares and hotels for each race. They could pay him something at least, they just choose not to ;)[/quote:20lzs51e]

Fair enough.:) Though I think the salary of the other staff is only a small fraction of Kimi's. And if they don't pay suppliers, they might just as well close the factory...

Maybe they could pay at least something to Kimi, but maybe they could care less if scraping together an odd million is worth it if you owe over 10 M $.