PDA

View Full Version : Formula Palmer Audi Rd 8 - Oschersleben

real_illusions
11th April 2007, 21:18
Back to Germany again for another race of the Formula Palmer Audi, where we believe hostage negotiations are underway in releasing the rest of the field from their German hippos..uh..i mean..women, kidnappers, in the hope that this race series will have more cars than fingers on an averge persons hand.

Hopefully we'll be back upto 2 hands, and therefore double figures, by the end of the season, but some people say that this very far fetched and we're living in a dream world.

The show goes on however...

Race laps - 16 laps.
Wrong way - on
Corner cutting - on
Careless driving - off
Flags - on
Pit Stops - on

Setups - Only the following can be changed - Gears, Anti-Roll Bars, Suspension damping.
Other setup restrictions, just for a bit of fun. Downforce set at 0 at both front and rear. Tyres - Compound on default (50), but the profile is upto you.

More fun bits -
Qualifying - none at all, you must start in the middle of the field.
Must make one pit stop where you change tyres, and fix any damage if need be. And a drive through pit stop (stopping isn't compulsory), that must be taken between laps 5 and 12. So, you can drive thru only from the end of lap 5, to the end of lap 11. You can stop and change tyres, fix damage etc if you want to. But this cant replace your other compulsory stop, which you can take at any time that the computer allows you to.

That should keep you entertained till the results deadline of April 29th at somewhere around 22:00 BST. Hopefully post the results that night or on the 30th along with the next rounds details.

Have fun and dont crash too often ;)

harvick#1
11th April 2007, 23:31
I'll be at Oschersleben this week

car #33 for Spike Motorsports (since the car has never been sold and is just sitting in the garage)

I'm not expecting any miracles and expect to have a poor performance

johnny shell
18th April 2007, 13:18
I've hit the track for our 2nd stop at this fine german circuit.

the first time here, with free set-up, I was lapping in the low 1:05's - and that was in the begining of the season when I still had little experience with these cars.

in my first short session this round, I was only in the mid 1:09's! I didn't use the boost though, which would be worth a second or more I'm sure.

real_illusions
18th April 2007, 13:56
just a quick note - dont use the kerbs! In the short test i did on defaults just as i announced this round, i rolled the car a couple of times by taking the kerbs...

need to do some more testing soon.

:)

johnny shell
18th April 2007, 19:36
agreed - hitting the kerbs, or the curbs, with these rules is a very bad idea!

Brown, Jon Brow
18th April 2007, 19:51
I bet there is a big crowd at this event as it is on the same weekend as the DTM race here.

harvick#1
21st April 2007, 19:10
well I ran a 1m 9.85 second lap which is ok I guess comparing to Johnnys time

can I use my Audi DTM though :p : I was 6 seconds a lap faster with it here

real_illusions
21st April 2007, 20:26
can I use my Audi DTM though :p : I was 6 seconds a lap faster with it here

only if i can use an f1 car ;)

johnny shell
23rd April 2007, 00:50
then can I use a Champ Car?

I believe those are the fastest race cars in the world now.

real_illusions
23rd April 2007, 20:40
i'll have to use a time machine then built into a a bugatti veyron ;)

johnny shell
27th April 2007, 21:23
the way I read the rules, you HAVE to fix any damage you may have when you make your stop for tires.

real_illusions
27th April 2007, 21:44
the way I read the rules, you HAVE to fix any damage you may have when you make your stop for tires.

you dont have to fix damage.

"Must make one pit stop where you change tyres, and fix any damage if need be"

although i think i may end this series..no times so far..no mention of times or any practise..

harvick#1
28th April 2007, 17:15
I sent you times

johnny shell
30th April 2007, 01:11
oh fudge. I missed the part about starting in the middle of the field. will re-run race tomorrow.

I left the difficulty on 'normal'. hope that was right. with difficulty on normal you sure gotta be careful about catching cars in the corner!!! they're S L O W !!!!

harvick#1
30th April 2007, 01:22
I had it on hard and past 8 cars in one lap to get the lead

real_illusions
30th April 2007, 10:02
i usually have the AI on hard. But i didn't specify anything, so i'll let you off ;)

Hopefully next time (if there is..) then i'll define an AI setting (if i remember).

johnny shell
30th April 2007, 13:16
if everyone else had it on hard then that's what I'll do too.

I knew hard is the norm, I was just trying looking for the 'unfair advantage' ;)

johnny shell
30th April 2007, 20:47
damn, it's a whole different experience starting at mid-pack with the difficulty on hard! it's taking some practice to learn to cut through the traffic!

johnny shell
1st May 2007, 00:12
run my race. good thing we were running at no downforce - loosing one of my front wings didn't affect things much.

I must say, this is one of the most challanging races I've run. figuring when to pit, working through the traffic, and making the most of the set-up limitations.

I ended up running no roll bars since the suspension had to be so stiff.

had fun. I rolled the car several time before I got a clean 16 laps in! and still, I slid off the track once or twice!

real_illusions
1st May 2007, 15:39
only 2 racers...i haven't had time to do the race sadly...will post results soon..

i doubt there will be any other races this year for fpa...it has died a slow death i think..there are faint signs of life, but i think its too late to be saved..

johnny shell
1st May 2007, 16:34
yeah, we all saw it coming. thanks for trying RI!!!!!!

real_illusions
1st May 2007, 21:59
It was a dual to the end, literally.

The only racers seperated by just under a second at the line

Johnny Shell - 19:44.87 -(1:05.70)
Harvick - 19:45.85 - (1:09.73)

Final standings and such can be found here - http://www.trd3racing.surrealillusions.co.uk/fpa.php

Johnny leaping upto 2nd place in the final standings, and Harvicks entry making it 16 drivers with points to their name.

Despite efforts from the organisers to keep this series going, falling grid sizes have meant this series is now sadly abandoned.

But single seater racing is not dead, I plan to run an F3 Euro series in the future.

Watch this space...

harvick#1
1st May 2007, 22:32
the F3 series would be fun :)

johnny shell
2nd May 2007, 15:55
wow. what a close one. I can't believe how close the finish was, conisdering the differences in our fastest laps.

that means I must've really f'ed up somewhere!

when did you make your stops? I took the tire stop at about the mid point, then took the drive-through a couple laps later... then I picked my way thorugh the field one by one to win the race.