PDA

View Full Version : Interesting sounding nightclubs

Erki
11th April 2007, 19:39
Would you go to a nightclub thats name is "Papilloma". I ask because there's is one with this name in Estonia. I wonder if it's a gay club. :)

Brown, Jon Brow
11th April 2007, 19:47
Only one way to find out :)

:erm:

tony_yeboah
11th April 2007, 20:00
the ones in preston have rubbish names, and are indeed rubbish. lava ignite and pr1. useless

the best one i've been to is Club Galaxy in Cape Town, SA. It was awesome, me and my mate were indeed the only white people in there. we had to have bodyguards (im deadly serious) to take us to the toilets! nuts

Brown, Jon Brow
11th April 2007, 20:01
Does every town have a club called the 'Warehouse' ?

tony_yeboah
11th April 2007, 20:04
lol i think its only the dump we live in ;)

Brown, Jon Brow
11th April 2007, 20:08
Penrith in cumbria has one :D

AndySpeed
11th April 2007, 20:18
the ones in preston have rubbish names, and are indeed rubbish. lava ignite and pr1. useless

the best one i've been to is Club Galaxy in Cape Town, SA. It was awesome, me and my mate were indeed the only white people in there. we had to have bodyguards (im deadly serious) to take us to the toilets! nuts

We have a Lava and Ignite in Norwich! There's also clubs called Mercy, Optic, Liquid which are run of the mill. I quite like Po Na Na clubs though... :D

Lancaster is average, with only a place called Toast (top place), Liquid and Sugarhouse really. Unless you god forbid go to Morecambe and their 'premier venue' called The Carleton which is, well, as shocking as Morecambe itself really

LotusElise
11th April 2007, 21:12
Would you go to a nightclub thats name is "Papilloma". I ask because there's is one with this name in Estonia. I wonder if it's a gay club. :)

I was just going to say "isn't papilloma a type of cancer?" and then I remembered what it actually is.

There's a bar called the Lead Balloon near where I live at the moment.

pvtjoker
11th April 2007, 21:15

LOL. Just about. Throw in 'Liquid' and 'Metropolis' too.

LotusElise
11th April 2007, 21:17
What about Time and Envy? There's a few of those about.

pvtjoker
11th April 2007, 21:22
In the US there's plenty of 'Bar (insert name of city here)'.

Drew
11th April 2007, 23:30

Was it the whites only toilet?

There's a club in Bournemouth called "Club me". When I was told about it, I didn't know really how to respond.

jso1985
11th April 2007, 23:44
I've been to Stigma.
but the most interesting one was one I saw in La Paz named "chorros" wich means in Bolivian slang "thieves".
didn't enter there :erm:

allycat228
12th April 2007, 00:49
in Portrush in N.Ireland there is a traks and a lush nightclubs

viper_man
12th April 2007, 04:37
Weve got an Envy here, and a Barfly, theres got to be plenty of them floating around.

RaceFanStan
12th April 2007, 04:47
There used to be a drive-in restaurant in the area that was called "TOOT & TELL 'EM",
they had good hamburgers too ! :D

tannat
12th April 2007, 05:44
In town you could visit the "Cat Island Yacht Club" (it's not on an island, and there aren't any boats for miles, go figure)

or perhaps "The Pumping Station" ..... :D

Erki
12th April 2007, 06:26
I was just going to say "isn't papilloma a type of cancer?" and then I remembered what it actually is.

I checked wiki but didn't really understand what it actually is then. Actually like you at first, I also went with the cancer thing. Thus also the gay(man) question. :)

Always trust your first instinct. :s mokin:

LeonBrooke
12th April 2007, 08:13
Papilloma is a sexually-transmitted virus that, in the long term, can result in cervical cancer.

As for night clubs, I don't really keep track of the names; just how much it will cost me to get a taxi home...

janneppi
12th April 2007, 08:37
While not a nightclub, but a pub, Europub Golden Monkey(translated the last two words from Finnish) is a fine name for a fine place. :)

Erki
12th April 2007, 11:05
Papilloma is a sexually-transmitted virus that, in the long term, can result in cervical cancer.

Bingo. The first(second is we count LotusElise too) one to get the point. If you(both) did. IMO "Papilloma" is a pretty sick name for a nightclub. :crazy: I wouldn't want to get back home at 4am, wake up at 2pm and think "why do I have all these warts?".

Hotbikerchic33
12th April 2007, 12:03

No we dont have one here!

Once went on holiday and came across a Nightclub called the pink toothbrush!

schmenke
12th April 2007, 14:53

Nope. We have the 'Garage' :D

COD
12th April 2007, 21:35
, and a Barfly, theres got to be plenty of them floating around.

Even one in Helsinki!

fandango
12th April 2007, 21:57
In Spain a niteclub is something different. Where you pay for more than drinks... like a whiskeria, which is not a place you go to drink whiskey... Discoteca is the correct word. In Barcelona we had a Garatge until recently, now it's been knocked down for flats and offices.

Iain
12th April 2007, 23:01
The first one I ever went to was called 'Room At The Top. Except it wasn't, as it was all on the ground floor. But it was named after the previous one (which was upstairs) which mysteriously burnt down a few weeks after an expensive refurbishment. There's one near that called 'The Twig'. Not sure why it's called that. It used to be a pub called the Green Tree, so maybe it's keeping up the tree-related theme. Owned by Paul di Resta's father.

Used to frequent a club in Edinburgh called 'Subway', which was very popular with students. Except me and my friend who I used to go there with, called it 'Scrubway', as it was full of.....well you get the picture. :p :

Quattroporte
13th April 2007, 01:18

The Warehouse? Multi-million dollar corporation over here. Retails in various goods. Kinda like Kmart or Target I guess. :D

RaceFanStan
13th April 2007, 02:54
Dew Drop Inn has been a favorite name for a bar for some time around here.
When one closes, another one will open in a different location. :laugh:

LeonBrooke
13th April 2007, 08:17
Bingo. The first(second is we count LotusElise too) one to get the point. If you(both) did. IMO "Papilloma" is a pretty sick name for a nightclub. :crazy: I wouldn't want to get back home at 4am, wake up at 2pm and think "why do I have all these warts?".

Perhaps it's some sort of long-term biological warfare ;) but there's now a vaccine, so get that and you're safe :p :

AndySpeed
13th April 2007, 10:55
Used to frequent a club in Edinburgh called 'Subway', which was very popular with students. Except me and my friend who I used to go there with, called it 'Scrubway', as it was full of.....well you get the picture. :p :

For me, Subway is still sometimes a visit after a night out at 3am in the morning ;)

Donney
13th April 2007, 10:57
There used to be one club called "The Vatican" which was quite popular around here.

millencolin
13th April 2007, 15:14
theres a nightclub here in brisbane called 'Birdee Num Nums'... its not a bad place, havent been there for a while. just your average dance club with beer garden attached to it

brisbane has a lot of good clubs... theres only one full on dance dance (pill popping) club called 'family'... its big and stuff, but you gotta pay nearly $20 to get in! stuff that. Most other places are bars by day, clubs by night.