PDA

View Full Version : Vettel's Quote...

555-04Q2
4th November 2013, 06:46
Did anyone else hear Seb do the Kimi quote after Horner spoke to him over the radio? Classic :p: :D

steveaki13
4th November 2013, 08:26
No. :mad: Find a link or footage. ;)

555-04Q2
4th November 2013, 08:30
It was right after the race, when he was doing his donuts again.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=62AoSaIB ... tube_gdata (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=62AoSaIBeuc&feature=youtube_gdata)

Was a classic! Nearly fell off the couch laughing :p:

steveaki13
4th November 2013, 08:34
haha. :D

Nice.

555-04Q2
4th November 2013, 08:35
Rather enjoyed it myself :D

henners88
4th November 2013, 09:16
Something interesting did happen then?! Damn I must have blinked. :p

555-04Q2
4th November 2013, 09:19
:rotflmao:

jens
4th November 2013, 13:33
Yeah, that's pretty good.:D

I have to say IMO Vettel has been improving his character during the season. He has been blamed for being fake, but I think the Malaysia incident and many incidents of booing have made him re-adjust a bit. It looks like he is trying to communicate with the public a bit more than before, trying to find ways to endear them instead of feeling distanced and getting bashed. Doughnuts are one way of getting on the same wavelength with people so to speak. And considering he is dominating so much and the public feels bored, maybe Seb feels that he needs to do at least something to lighten up the fans a bit. :)

donKey jote
4th November 2013, 19:00
classic :laugh:
schauckling his eggs while doing donuts :D :bandit:

anfield5
4th November 2013, 19:50
This Seb Vettel I could warm to. I would have loved to have seen the expression on his and Rocky's faces as that conversation was happening.

steveaki13
4th November 2013, 20:07
Yeah, that's pretty good.:D

I have to say IMO Vettel has been improving his character during the season. He has been blamed for being fake, but I think the Malaysia incident and many incidents of booing have made him re-adjust a bit. It looks like he is trying to communicate with the public a bit more than before, trying to find ways to endear them instead of feeling distanced and getting bashed. Doughnuts are one way of getting on the same wavelength with people so to speak. And considering he is dominating so much and the public feels bored, maybe Seb feels that he needs to do at least something to lighten up the fans a bit. :)

I agree.

Seb is winning me over this season.

Eau Rouge
5th November 2013, 02:56
hahahaha excellent!!!!! Look I know this guys is making F1 boring but he is great!!! Top personality and very funny. Not bad for a German. Top bloke.

Koz
5th November 2013, 04:21
Has anyone else noticed that he stopped using his finger, too?

As soon as he did that he became exponentially more likable.

airshifter
5th November 2013, 04:58
I also liked Sebs comment concerning the donuts when questioned about it on the podium. He said something about it should be ok since he drove the car back to Parc Ferme and pointed down to it. :)

555-04Q2
5th November 2013, 06:33
Yeah it was the best part of the race, the donuts and interview afterwards :p:

steveaki13
5th November 2013, 17:36

That's true although I did see a sneaky finger on the podium. :p

555-04Q2
6th November 2013, 06:20

That's true although I did see a sneaky finger on the podium. :p

Me too, as you said, sneaky, but it was there. #1 baby, whooooooooohooooooo :p:

Finski
6th November 2013, 07:15
I never really knew anything about seb other than what I saw in F1, but then I started watching some interviews, top gear etc. and he's actually a really decent guy, funny and likeable, I really don't think he deserves the hate, the finger thing and cheering after the races really isn't as bad as people make it out to be, he deserves to celebrate.

I'm loving the donuts and I laughed at the response to horner, good job.

555-04Q2
6th November 2013, 08:29
I never really knew anything about seb other than what I saw in F1, but then I started watching some interviews, top gear etc. and he's actually a really decent guy, funny and likeable, I really don't think he deserves the hate, the finger thing and cheering after the races really isn't as bad as people make it out to be, he deserves to celebrate.

I'm loving the donuts and I laughed at the response to horner, good job.

That's the thing. He is a genuine nice guy. When he's working (racing) he may come across as arrogant or annoying to some, but not to me. I have a good friend who is an absolute b@st@rd when he is at his company that he runs, he's ruthless which is why he is so successful. But, outside of his workplace, he is the first person to assist a complete stranger in need and does a lot of charity work with me as well. That is the real him. Sometimes you just have to look inside the hard cover to find a heart of gold :)

henners88
6th November 2013, 09:36
Vettel always comes across as a nice guy when not in the heat of the moment. He obviously has a sense of humour and joked a while back on the BBC he has installed a British sense of humour into himself lol. I think part of the reason some find it hard to like him is partly because of the Webber run ins on track and also Red Bull and how smug they can comes across. I can't stand watching Horner after races when he makes out they had a tougher race than they obviously did and the insinuation others aren't putting in as much effort. I think Horner damages a lot of Vettel's fan persona, at least that's how I read it. The BBC have also spent a good few years now being heavily Red Bull-centric as they've had Coulthard and every body likes a winning team of course. Vettel on his own is obviously a nice guy. He's a similar age to me and I can relate to him and other drivers like Lewis and Fernando.

I think Seb is a bit like Lewis in terms of certain fans not being able to warm to him. Hamilton attracted a lot of negativity whilst at McLaren, especially in the early days when success was free flowing. People tried desperately to find arrogance in snippets of his interviews and this all comes with success. Vettel has experienced the same thing and one thing I've noticed about Lewis, now he's at Mercedes, a lot more people have warmed to him as a driver. Perhaps when Seb moves on and seeks a challenge elsewhere he will be more appreciated? Its just one of the hazards of being a successful champion at the moment. :)

555-04Q2
6th November 2013, 13:56
Vettel always comes across as a nice guy when not in the heat of the moment. He obviously has a sense of humour and joked a while back on the BBC he has installed a British sense of humour into himself lol. I think part of the reason some find it hard to like him is partly because of the Webber run ins on track and also Red Bull and how smug they can comes across. I can't stand watching Horner after races when he makes out they had a tougher race than they obviously did and the insinuation others aren't putting in as much effort. I think Horner damages a lot of Vettel's fan persona, at least that's how I read it. The BBC have also spent a good few years now being heavily Red Bull-centric as they've had Coulthard and every body likes a winning team of course. Vettel on his own is obviously a nice guy. He's a similar age to me and I can relate to him and other drivers like Lewis and Fernando.

I think Seb is a bit like Lewis in terms of certain fans not being able to warm to him. Hamilton attracted a lot of negativity whilst at McLaren, especially in the early days when success was free flowing. People tried desperately to find arrogance in snippets of his interviews and this all comes with success. Vettel has experienced the same thing and one thing I've noticed about Lewis, now he's at Mercedes, a lot more people have warmed to him as a driver. Perhaps when Seb moves on and seeks a challenge elsewhere he will be more appreciated? Its just one of the hazards of being a successful champion at the moment. :)

Maybe the problem with todays crop of drivers is they are too corporate like. Effectively, they are suits in racing suits! The drivers of years gone by were a lot more "colourful" which is maybe why we liked them more. The professionalism and corporate-ness of the current F1 dampens the circus in my opinion.

When was the last time a driver tried to knock another one out or told an opponent in no uncertain terms what to do with themselves? (last one I remember was The Shoe going for Coulthard in the late 90's after that rain incident). I will never forget Senna giving Irvine a piece of his mind...I mean fist :D or Senna taking out Prost in Japan etc. I doubt we will ever see one of the current drivers do that in todays F1!

janneppi
6th November 2013, 20:31
When was the last time a driver tried to knock another one out or told an opponent in no uncertain terms what to do with themselves? (last one I remember was The Shoe going for Coulthard in the late 90's after that rain incident). I will never forget Senna giving Irvine a piece of his mind...I mean fist :D or Senna taking out Prost in Japan etc. I doubt we will ever see one of the current drivers do that in todays F1!

http://livesniffpetrol.s3.amazonaws.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/05/PicNews130528.jpg

;)

easy rider
6th November 2013, 22:48
I wonder what would have happened, when Lewis said to Felipe, " don't touch me man " and Massa didn't just hurry away.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2XC723l3mL0

555-04Q2
7th November 2013, 06:01

http://livesniffpetrol.s3.amazonaws.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/05/PicNews130528.jpg

;)

:laugh: :)

555-04Q2
7th November 2013, 06:02
I wonder what would have happened, when Lewis said to Felipe, " don't touch me man " and Massa didn't just hurry away.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2XC723l3mL0

They probably would have thrown their handbags at each other. Seriously, I think that's the worst that would have happened! :D

Finski
7th November 2013, 06:26
Just remembered when Kimi pushed the cameraman over haha, probably the closest thing to physical :p

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S6e3bDs2lgw

555-04Q2
7th November 2013, 06:29
Remember that one! :laugh:

steveaki13
7th November 2013, 08:29
Just remembered when Kimi pushed the cameraman over haha, probably the closest thing to physical :p

Kimi also pushed a marshall, but be warned Marshalls can get their revenge. :devil:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nzqZV9V4R-s

Mia 01
7th November 2013, 08:34
Love him or hate him (for me the former) Kimi is special on and off track.

The quote from Seb says it all.

henners88
7th November 2013, 08:45
I like Kimi I always have. But if he shoved me to the ground like that, he would have been going backwards over his car as soon as I'd got up. It was pretty unnecessary and I remember saying that back then. He's still one of my favourite drivers though. Perhaps he was trying to emulate the famous Hunt vs Marshall incident from all those years ago? We know Kimi checks into hotels as James Hunt :p

555-04Q2
7th November 2013, 09:09

Kimi also pushed a marshall, but be warned Marshalls can get their revenge. :devil:

Taki is widely regarded as the worst driver ever to enter F1. What a great award to hang on your wall :p: :D

Finski
7th November 2013, 12:46
I like Kimi I always have. But if he shoved me to the ground like that, he would have been going backwards over his car as soon as I'd got up. It was pretty unnecessary and I remember saying that back then. He's still one of my favourite drivers though. Perhaps he was trying to emulate the famous Hunt vs Marshall incident from all those years ago? We know Kimi checks into hotels as James Hunt :p

I believe not only was he right in his face but he was stepping on his stuff, that's why he pushed him over and I think he deserves it, I can imagine it would be annoying having press in your face all the time but I'd do the same thing if they started trampling on my stuff trying to get a photo 5 inches from my face lol

henners88
7th November 2013, 12:53

I believe not only was he right in his face but he was stepping on his stuff, that's why he pushed him over and I think he deserves it, I can imagine it would be annoying having press in your face all the time but I'd do the same thing if they started trampling on my stuff trying to get a photo 5 inches from my face lol
The photographer in question is very well known in the business and had been a regular on the grid for the past 30+ years. He was standing on things perhaps he shouldn't, but it was well out of order pushing him to the ground. Kimi could have been polite about it and asked him to give room. I don't hit out at everybody who does something wrong without making my feelings known verbally first. It was rude of the photographer and rude of Kimi to react in that way. Kimi was quite lucky the tog didn't report it as an assault, as it would have stood as just that. Plus photographers are entitled to be anywhere they wish on the grid.

As I said I'm a supporter of Kimi and thats well known on this forum. My issue was this over reaction thats all. Had Seb, Hamilton or Alonso done the same thing, it would make many headlines for weeks. With Kimi he is known as the Iceman and regarded as quite rude generally so this sort of thing wasn't unexpected.

555-04Q2
7th November 2013, 13:14

The photographer in question is very well known in the business and had been a regular on the grid for the past 30+ years. He was standing on things perhaps he shouldn't, but it was well out of order pushing him to the ground. Kimi could have been polite about it and asked him to give room. I don't hit out at everybody who does something wrong without making my feelings known verbally first. It was rude of the photographer and rude of Kimi to react in that way. Kimi was quite lucky the tog didn't report it as an assault, as it would have stood as just that. Plus photographers are entitled to be anywhere they wish on the grid.

As I said I'm a supporter of Kimi and thats well known on this forum. My issue was this over reaction thats all. Had Seb, Hamilton or Alonso done the same thing, it would make many headlines for weeks. With Kimi he is known as the Iceman and regarded as quite rude generally so this sort of thing wasn't unexpected.

I suspect that for Kimi, that was just another Sunday afternoon! Kimi: "What's the problem? I don't have time for this, I'm going to take a dump". :laugh: :D

Mia 01
7th November 2013, 18:27
I have once seen a video of this incident of Kimi. The photographer pushed his way thrue Kimi and was standing on his trunk with the camera in Kimis face.

steveaki13
7th November 2013, 19:00

Taki is widely regarded as the worst driver ever to enter F1. What a great award to hang on your wall :p: :D

I see your Taki and I raise you Deletraz. :p

555-04Q2
8th November 2013, 06:25
I see your Taki and I raise you Deletraz. :p

Oooohhhhhhh......close competition there, but Taki takes it for me :D ;)

Finski
8th November 2013, 08:08

You're right, I agree. Like I said I can imagine the nuisance it would be to have cameras following you everywhere and in your face and that would be why so many celebrities flip out, but that's apart of the celeb life, which clearly Kimi doesn't like, but yes he should have said something first. If he then continued to do it I'd find it more of an acceptable reaction. It's good that the photographer didn't make a deal about it too. But oh well, there haven't been any more incidents like this that I'm aware of.

henners88
8th November 2013, 08:56
You're right, I agree. Like I said I can imagine the nuisance it would be to have cameras following you everywhere and in your face and that would be why so many celebrities flip out, but that's apart of the celeb life, which clearly Kimi doesn't like, but yes he should have said something first. If he then continued to do it I'd find it more of an acceptable reaction. It's good that the photographer didn't make a deal about it too. But oh well, there haven't been any more incidents like this that I'm aware of.
:)
The only other incident I can think of was this one:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LkH5qL9J8UU
I would have gone back and picked the kid up and apologised, but Kimi probably thought too much attention would come of it if he did. He could have given the child his cap too. I can't help but say 'awwwwww' every time I see that lol. Its one of those awkward moments where it wasn't at all deliberate, but looks really bad. Kimi looked liked he was dodging the lady autograph hunter and didn't see the child under his feet. I think he perhaps lost a fan that day lol. :)

555-04Q2
8th November 2013, 09:26
:)
The only other incident I can think of was this one:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LkH5qL9J8UU
I would have gone back and picked the kid up and apologised, but Kimi probably thought too much attention would come of it if he did. He could have given the child his cap too. I can't help but say 'awwwwww' every time I see that lol. Its one of those awkward moments where it wasn't at all deliberate, but looks really bad. Kimi looked liked he was dodging the lady autograph hunter and didn't see the child under his feet. I think he perhaps lost a fan that day lol. :)

I think that incident can be classed under the "sometimes sh!t happens" category :p: It was not intentional, but I too think that he could have at least assisted the kid and as you say maybe give him a cap or an autograph or photo opportunity or something.

Finski
9th November 2013, 03:56
Lol realised it was the woman that knocked the kid over, funny how she was still more interested in the autograph at first than helping the kid :laugh: