PDA

View Full Version : brscc racing news letter

turn 4 mad
11th April 2007, 10:07
new news letter out today at http://WWW.SCSARACING.CO.UK

Abo
11th April 2007, 15:11
'BRSCC are proposing to use the grass area between the Med Centre and the Scrutineering Bay for marshals
camping only.'

OI! Where am I supposed to camp, then? lol

Dave17
11th April 2007, 19:29
'BRSCC are proposing to use the grass area between the Med Centre and the Scrutineering Bay for marshals
camping only.'

Comparing the number of marshals that Rockingham attracts and the size of the aformentioned area I think there will still be enough room for you Abo!

Abo
11th April 2007, 20:17
Comparing the number of marshals that Rockingham attracts and the size of the aformentioned area I think there will still be enough room for you Abo!

You haven't seen our tent, then! Hmm maybe you have, a big orange thing. I guess with that colour it'll be at home in the marshall's area! :D

Chigley
11th April 2007, 21:50

You'd be welcome in "The Marshals Camp Site" but as an outsider it will be beholden unto you to supply the necessary entrance fee i.e. copious amounts of falling over liquid. When it is proven that you are of the right calibre you may be allowed squat on the edge of the designated luxury facility. ;) :)

Jordygirl
12th April 2007, 09:26
According to the BTCC blurb I received in the post today from BARC, the Marshals campsite is outside the circuit behind Turn 2 !!!!!! So much for being in the Inner Paddock by the Med. Centre :mark:

ascarmarshal
12th April 2007, 11:12
With a decent camp site on offer there is more chance I could make the emotional trip back to Rockingham and marshal again. I will keep an eye on things

Chigley
12th April 2007, 11:44
According to the BTCC blurb I received in the post today from BARC, the Marshals campsite is outside the circuit behind Turn 2 !!!!!! So much for being in the Inner Paddock by the Med. Centre :mark:

Different clubs organising things. :( BTCC won't want rif raff camping in their hallowed paddock, plus there probably won't be enough space so out the back with them and Rockingham will get another slanging for poor marshals facilities. :(

Abo
12th April 2007, 12:28
You'd be welcome in "The Marshals Camp Site" but as an outsider it will be beholden unto you to supply the necessary entrance fee i.e. copious amounts of falling over liquid. When it is proven that you are of the right calibre you may be allowed squat on the edge of the designated luxury facility. ;) :)

Bah, the falling over juice will be kept safe in the fridge in the back of the wagon :D

Sticker Rub
12th April 2007, 20:28

Am I the only marshal not to receive tickets yet? :(

JovialJooles
12th April 2007, 20:49
I received mine this morning...

Chigley
12th April 2007, 20:57
Am I the only marshal not to receive tickets yet?

I spoke to Sara on Tuesday and she had sent them out that day. I received mine this morning.

Dave17
13th April 2007, 17:48
Am I the only marshal not to receive tickets yet? :(

You're not on the list I got with my tickets, suggest you email Sara.

1/4 hour dinner.....how generous!

JovialJooles
13th April 2007, 19:39
Yeah, and what is the betting we get no dinner at all! Saturday is a nice early start too!

Has anyone camped out at Turn2 before? Are there any facilities out there?

Julian

Sticker Rub
13th April 2007, 20:21
You're not on the list I got with my tickets, suggest you email Sara.

Thanks Dave. Email sent. Spot the irony: support Rockingham all season at the SCSA meetings which struggle to get enough marshals; spend training days & days marshalling other events promoting Rockingham & encouraging other marshals to come & give it a try then get overlooked for the "glamour" event. :(

Dave17
13th April 2007, 20:42

Julian

Well the cows seem to like it!

Chigley
13th April 2007, 21:44

BTCC meetings start later on the Sunday then run start through the programme with a "comfort break" slotted in.

I haven't looked round there for a year or so but when I did it wasn't on the luxurious side :( . To get there you take the dirt road that goes off high right just before you enter the tunnels, its then (or it was) a very bumpy rocky track round to T2. There is a maintenance shed round there and a SMALL grassed? area where if you were very, very cosy with each other you may? get 4 - 5 tents. There is a brick out building that has a loo, shower and hand basin, I'm assuming? that there will be hot water!

All in all I'm prepared and braced for a storm of abuse and moaning about Rockingham having no marshals facilities, we know it has they are in the inner paddock, however ................

Anyone who is camping would do better to try and get on the grassed area around and between the outer paddock and the tunnels.

Ian
:)

JovialJooles
14th April 2007, 12:08
Hmm, I don't think I will bother for BTCC, although I probably will the following weekend for SCSA.

Sticker Rub
15th April 2007, 19:30

1/2 hour dinner now. They're spoiling us. :)