PDA

View Full Version : Pick ems

Alexamateo
11th September 2013, 17:52
I saw the copy and paste link for F1 Singapore. What about something for Nascar et.al?

Thanks

Mark
11th September 2013, 17:54
Yeah that's possible, the pickems admin for NASCAR/whatever should get in touch with me for the link

Sorry it's all quick and dirty, the original pickems system took me 6 months to write, I've been working on this one for less than 6 hours.

Sparky1329
12th September 2013, 07:05
So where are we doing the NASCAR Pickems?

Tazio
8th November 2013, 15:33
Mark do you have any idea when you weill be posting the results for Abu Dhabi, or have I missed something?
Thanks.

airshifter
12th November 2013, 12:32
Mark do you have any idea when you weill be posting the results for Abu Dhabi, or have I missed something?
Thanks.

You missed something. The FIA (Forum Internationale Association) convened a meeting in your absence. We have determined that you will be eliminated from all Pickems due to good performance. Some other good performing teams will have rules changes applied that will hurt their chances. None of these changes will in any way hurt the teams not performing as well.

We will tolerate no accusations of bias, as the original complaint filed by Luca (the guy with the red pickems car) was found to be just by Jean (the guy that used to have a red pickems car). Being modeled after another association with the acronym of FIA, we strive for equality, along with fair and just results.

Sincerely yours,

Someone who has a struggling car.

:D

I missed another race in Pickems, so I went from sucking to sucking even worse being that I have now missed two races this year.

Tazio
13th November 2013, 17:18
:laugh:

If I still have the lead it doesn't look like I will have the opportunity to protect it. ;( :rolleyes: :burp: ;)

airshifter
14th November 2013, 17:45
Just as in Formula 1, you will have every right to protect your lead. It's simply that the tires rules were changed in our... ummm... to be fair to all teams. And the diffuser regs were changed to reduce your lead... ummm... rather to make things fair. Your IP, user name, keyboard type, operating system, age, gender, sexual orientation, career, type of car driven, eating habits, religion, and average number of posts per day will be more thoroughly checked than others as well, of course simply to make things fair.

As you can see the FIA has an interest in only one thing, which is being fair. As you are winning, we don't see that as fair! :)

I thought Pickems just required putting in some info into a program that already existed, but I have no idea what kind of nightmare that might be depending on how much data they need. I'm sure if it was easy it would already be done, so I really don't want that nightmare to be mine. I will accept that if Pickems doesn't resume we all assume a tie for the season! :laugh:

Tazio
17th November 2013, 19:36
Mark got cookies enabled, so at least we have that going for us! :p ;)

Mark
18th November 2013, 12:21
Don't worry Mr Tazizzle, you are in the lead ;)