PDA

View Full Version : Yamaha to vary livery during year

leopard
11th April 2007, 09:48
Having said before about rumor that Yamaha Fiat had plan to running more than a color scheme this season, not sure changes like what the vary livery they are talking about. This is now the talk re-surfaces.

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/57971

If that is only like years before to use two traditional colors of Yamaha, i.e yellow and white, i don't think it can be concerned as vary livery, but rather to follow the old tradition to appear different on some circumstances.

Actually, now I believe that the blue-white Yamaha Fiat looks gorgeous amongst of theirs, although I have to say that color scheme being used by them on the paddock looks better than what's painted on bike.

I wouldn't mind if the new color is only playing about combination of the two blue and white, but if it appears in the middle of season totally different with it like red, black etc, it would be more seen as inconsistency.

maxu05
15th April 2007, 02:21
I think Yamaha will use their traditional colours at Laguna, as they have done before, as for other rounds ?

ChrisS
17th April 2007, 16:29
Part of the reason Yamaha ran Kenny Roberts yellow bikes in Laguna in 05 and Colin had stars and stripes in 06 was because they werent allowed to ran Gauloises and Camel because of US tobacco advertising laws

BTW I find it funny how the article talks about Yamaha's tradition of running one-off liveries and then offers as examples Rossi's Aprilia and Honda Liveries :D

leopard
18th April 2007, 04:45
Besides tobacco bans, they were celebrating their golden anniversary.

That's what I wonder, running one-off yellow or white liveries isn't something new and the talks needn't come up to surface.

This is because i begin to fall in love with the ancient letter of FIAT :)

Allyc85
18th April 2007, 17:16
FIAT - Fart In a Tin :D

ChrisS
18th April 2007, 18:41
FIAT = Fix It Again Tomorrow ;)

Allyc85
18th April 2007, 19:21
Fix it again tony :D

Any way back on topic lol!

ChrisS
18th April 2007, 19:41
Fix It All the Time
Failure In Automotive Technology

OK now back on topic :D

leopard
19th April 2007, 03:52
FIAT - Fart In a Tin :D

don't be dirty

FIAT obviously refers to Fit In with A Triumph :champion:

leopard
24th April 2007, 08:15
btw, You aren't totally wrong (for this time ;) )