PDA

View Full Version : Driver/(Making F1 a duller sport) of the Race.

steveaki13
8th September 2013, 14:24
Only one main contender. Seb was Just Brilliant in that car today.

donKey jote
8th September 2013, 14:26
Seb - despite his lock up in the first corner -
Alo
Hulk

Ham & Rakka for some nice moves

steveaki13
8th September 2013, 14:27
Can I just add. The title is tongue in cheek. Driver of the Day: Sebastian Vettel, Other mentions, Alonso, Hulkenberg and Hamilton

kfzmeister
8th September 2013, 14:29
Hamilton.

Robinho
8th September 2013, 14:32
Seb, Alonso, hulk, Hamilton, in that order. Decent also from Webber, massa and Riccardo

DexDexter
8th September 2013, 14:32
Hamilton, Räikkönen.

longisland
8th September 2013, 14:38
Hamilton, who provided most of the highlights for otherwise a rather dull procession

dj_bytedisaster
8th September 2013, 14:40
for me - Hamilton. Those last few laps were incredible :)

Tazio
8th September 2013, 17:34
Zo for finding a way to slow down one of the Bulls :p :

Parabolica
8th September 2013, 17:55
I would hate to think what an RB9 with Vettel behind the wheel that hadn't flat-spotted its front right and didn't have to short-shift to protect the 'box could have done today.

2nd place probably flattered Ferrari today.

Once again, Alonso saved us from mediocrity and worse.

And Montezemolo thought to publicly criticise him?

Madness. The lunatic has taken over the asylum.

I can only pray that the boardroom at FIAT tire of his pontificating and notice the total lack of championships his vanity and idiocy are providing.

The Black Knight
8th September 2013, 18:44
Hamilton and Hulkenberg. Was watching the last 20 laps on board with him and Hamilton was ringing the neck of that car. It was incredible to watch. Amazing driver.

Dave B
8th September 2013, 19:41
Paul di Resta.

Not really, just wanted to liven up the thread so it was more interesting than the race :p

Honest answer: Hamilton. He messed up qualifying and had a poor opening few laps but boy oh boy did he make up for it later in the race. The same could also be said for Kimi.

Honourable mention too for Alonso and Webber who yet again found themselves wheel-to-wheel yet fought cleanly and with mutual respect.

Tazio
9th September 2013, 14:58
Paul di Resta.

Not really, just wanted to liven up the thread so it was more interesting than the race :p

Honest answer: Hamilton. He messed up qualifying and had a poor opening few laps but boy oh boy did he make up for it later in the race. The same could also be said for Kimi.

Honourable mention too for Alonso and Webber who yet again found themselves wheel-to-wheel yet fought cleanly and with mutual respect.
The Boss looked faster than he actually was because he stopped twice, and was out of pit sequence. Kimi to a lesser degree because he stopped on lap 2, but that is actuall 5-8 less laps on his tires considering quali and warm up, which you would expect to provide for some passing, but where did it actually get them? In fairness to both however Monza is not the best track to make a charge through the field :bulb:

steveaki13
9th September 2013, 19:56
however Monza is not the best track to make a charge through the field :bulb:

That's true. The only times in recent-ish years we have seen charges through the field in Italy in when refuelling was around or a car was way faster.

Off the top of my head Zonta in 2000 ran light and charged through the field all day and another was 2004 when Schumi & Rubens fell back and still finished 1-2.

zako85
9th September 2013, 22:29
The top 5 cars were pretty good.

N. Jones
10th September 2013, 00:54
Hulkenberg. He did a great job.

anfield5
10th September 2013, 02:30
Would have to say Hulk, awesomely good in qualifying and kept a pretty poor car in the top five. Approaching the first corner aside the Vet was again faultless (possibly quite easy to look this good when there is no pressure?) Alonso did his usual demo on how to make a tractor look like a GP car. Last few laps for Ham were good but the first 40 or so and qualifying were missing. Di Resta for crashing and actually owning up to his mistake.

Storm
11th September 2013, 07:17
I only saw the second half of the race and there was only one guy racing his a$$ off.
Hamilton

wedge
11th September 2013, 15:31
Hulk was the only stand out on Sunday. Qualified in the top 5 and finished in the top 5 as best of the rest. In the right circumstances I think Hamilton would have finished P5.

Can't see the fuss over Seb. The writing was on the all in FP2 when he was the only driver to do a run in the 1m27s

As entertaining LH's drive it still feels like a let down and a GP to forget and seemingly played his part in handing the WDC on a plate to Seb.

I can't say I was impressed by Webber at all - moving around in the braking zone, looking like he wanted to bang wheels/run Alonso off the road.