PDA

View Full Version : Swiss Spirit

grassrootsracer
11th April 2007, 06:52
According to The-Paddock.net (http://www.the-paddock.net/content/view/241349/49/) and Endurance Info, Swiss Spirit will miss the opening LMS event at Monza because they are still waiting on delivery of their Lola B07/10-Audi LMP1 car. Audi engine?! Does anyone know anything more about this program, mainly the engine? I was completely unaware that Audi offered a customer engine of any sort. Also, I can't find any info on the B07/10 chassis on the Lola site (or Mulsanne's Corner for that matter).

1LM1
11th April 2007, 12:46
Audi Sport decided (first time for them indeed) to supply (with technical support including one engineer) a new evolution of the famous, powerful and reliable V8 bi turbo petrol engine (R8's engine).
In fact, Fred Stadler (new Swiss Spirit boss) is the former ROC Competition boss. ROC was the structure chosen by Audi in the past for the official Touring Car program of the german brand (notably in the French Touring Car Championship). That's why Audi accepted this new challenge.

The car will be ready for the second race of the LMS and Swiss Spirit is very ambitious because the ultimate goal is to win at Le Mans with a Swiss driver !

The pilotes are very fast : particularly Marcel Fässler.
The chassis is brand new : Lola B07/10
The engine is very good.

So from Valencia, Swiss Spirit is clearly one of the favorites.

They chose not to go to Monza because they want to make sure the engine fits perfectly the chassis.

Erki
11th April 2007, 14:38
The pilotes are very fast : particularly Marcel Fässler.

Fässler is fast, yes. Deletraz I guess could keep the car in contention. But who's Iradj Alexander?

1LM1
11th April 2007, 15:34
I think Iradj Alexander is a fast driver and will prove it.

This guy succeded several pole positions and wins in Formula Renault, Formula Ford and FIA GT.

He is Italian/Swiss and is (was?) a Maserati test driver.

Tom206wrc
26th February 2008, 19:15
SAD NEWS !!!! ;(

http://www.endurance-info.com/article.php?sid=4966&mode=&order=0&thold=0

Audi decided not to lend their V8 FSI to the team anymore, so the team won't run anywhere this season... :(