PDA

View Full Version : Formula 1 in India

Aks2013
20th August 2013, 05:49
The Indian Grand Prix is a motor race in the calendar of the FIA Formula One World Championship which takes place at the Buddh International Circuit in Greater Noida every year. The circuit, designed by circuit architect is 5.141 kilometres in length. The track is spread across an area of 875 acres and is a part of Jaypee Green Sports city. The 10-year contract for the race has been given to the Indian construction company.The track in all has 16 largely medium speed corners where Formula One cars lap at an average speed of approximately 210 km/hr (130 mph).[citation needed] The back straight lets cars reach a top speed of around 320 km/h (199 mph). The current Formula One lap record, set during the 2011 event, is 1 minute 27.249 seconds.

The first event took place on 30 October 2011 as the 17th race of the 2011 Formula One season. Sebastian Vettel from Germany was the winner of the event. He also took the fastest lap of the race on his last lap. Mr.Sachin Tendulkar waved the chequered flag to end the race. The only Indian driver, Narain Karthikeyan of HRT F1, finished in 17th position. The Indian team Sahara Force India's driver Adrian Sutil finished in 9th position.

The Indian Grand Prix will be held in October this year but due to political reason the event will not take place in 2014.

anfield5
21st August 2013, 01:32
Hopefully it will be replaced by a venue NOT designed by Tilke. Those awful things are slowly squeezing the life out of F1

Koz
21st August 2013, 06:54
Is it definitely off or are they still negotiating?

555-04Q2
21st August 2013, 11:10
Is it definitely off or are they still negotiating?

Negotiating the right bribe more likely.

steveaki13
23rd August 2013, 20:17
Cant say I am a fan of the Indian circuit, one of the mass Tilke Dromes that are dull.

I wonder who else could be put on the calender at such short notice though?

ioan
25th August 2013, 20:28
If the GP never takes place again all the better, India has bigger issues to solve then holding a F1 GP.
Luckily all F1 drivers are male.

ioan
25th August 2013, 20:29
Cant say I am a fan of the Indian circuit, one of the mass Tilke Dromes that are dull.

I wonder who else could be put on the calender at such short notice though?

Istanbul for this year and Mexico next year! Problem solved.