PDA

View Full Version : BriSCA F1 and F2 - Wimbledon, Sunday 15th April

Chris29
10th April 2007, 18:59
Sunday night ‘thunder’ in Plough Lane!

SUNDAY 15th April 5.30.pm

THIS COMING Sunday 15th April at 5.30.pm the biggest BriSCA stock car racing event since Wembley on 1974 takes placein the Capital!

All roads from Mainland Europe, Ireland and all four corners of the UK descend upon Wimbledons’ PLOUGH LANE STADIUM for BriSCA Stock Car Racing action.
Arguably the finest and most atmospheric stadium within European oval racing, Wimbledon is set to rock the capital with ground shaking action and entertainment!

The awesome horsepower BriSCA Formula One Stock Cars compete for vital World Championship points and the 2007 National Series where every round counts in the race for either Gold or Silver! This is looking set to produce to biggest entry of the 600bhp monsters for at least a decade! Reigning World Champion Andrew Smith is expected to make the trip from Lancashire as is his arch rival, multi champion winner Frankie Wainman Junior from Yorkshire, just two of a star studded entry.

Of bigger interest locally is the debut of BriSCA Formula Two Stock Cars at Wimbledon and their first appearance within the M25 for some 30 years!
100 drivers have chased the 64 available entry slots - with big grids in all races.

Several Scottish names including World & Points Champion #7 Gordon Moodie and 647 Chris Burgoyne head a line up that is the absolute cream of BriSCA Stock Car Racing. A substantive Cornish entry is joined by several Dutch & Belgian entrants together with interest from Ireland. This is a huge event for race fans.

If all that wasn’t enough then the new Spedeworth Saloon Stock Cars finish off a full contact programme of awesome action with again big numbers of cars on track promised!

Admission Prices £15 Adults £12 Concessions £5 Child Under 5's FREE

WIMBLEDON STADIUM is situated on Plough Lane.

More details and regularly updated driver booking lists and info available on http://www.startrax.info
----------------

F1s also race at Northampton (http://www.incarace.co.uk/) on Saturday 14th.

Dave17
10th April 2007, 19:53
Why do you have to cut and paste the whole details, why not just put in a link to the page.

Chris29
10th April 2007, 20:18
Hi Dave. This info is not available as such on a page by itself. It is a Press Release which is forwarded to various media companies. I did originally gauge opinion HERE (http://www.motorsportforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=116037) and got a generally positive response. I am not in the employ of BriSCA or Startrax, but simply a fan trying to spread the word to a wider audience. If there is a problem with posting these details here, I remain open to suggestions. :)

truckmonster
13th April 2007, 20:09
I went to watch the Brisca F1s that you posted at sheffield,i expected a good turn out and there were just 11 cars it was rubbish!

SteveA
14th April 2007, 02:15
That was apparently because it was a non-points meeting. Now that the season proper has started you can expect a better turn-out.

truckmonster
14th April 2007, 02:46
why advertise rubbish or are you steve rees?

SteveA
14th April 2007, 12:42
Nope- don't even know who Steve Rees is and I haven't been to an English style stock car event since Aldershot Stadium closed. I was just pointing out what I had found by 5 mins of Googling.

I bet 11 F1's on a small oval is more exciting than 15 SCSA cars spaced out around Rockingham though!

If you think you've been misled I suggest you write to the organisers.

Chris29
14th April 2007, 12:52
The Sheffield opener had some particular problems with F1 car numbers, mainly down to it being an out of season, non-points scoring meeting. However, where the F1s were lacking the F2s certainly made up for the action with around 55 cars for their World Qualifier.

There are currently 34 F1s booked in at Wimbledon tomorrow, along with 65 F2s.

I am not Steve Rees :eek: :D

Reynard
14th April 2007, 18:53
Just watch yourselves folks...

Dave17
14th April 2007, 21:02
Ok, even though this forum is entitled "scsa" we seen to have to put up with any thread that is remotely related to oval racing. I would'nt mind if the drivers were due to move up to scsa but all it seems is a plug for forthcomming meetings that only a small minority seem to be interested in.

If this sort of loosely related thread is acceptable how about this.....

Another form of racing that takes part on a banked oval is cycle racing. The most famous of cycle races is the Tour de France where the leader always wears a yellow jersey. Custard is yellow and the most popular brand of custard is Birds. Birds nest in trees which are used to make paper. The art of folding paper is called......Yep, lets start a thread about ORIGARMI!!!!!

Come on guys, if you want a short oval forum, start one, don't take over this one especialy as the new season is almost upon us. Lets keep the most o/t posts at least Rockingham related.

Oh, and Chris29 try http://www.startrax.info/nextmeet.htm#15wimb it is available on "a page as such" !!!

JDPower
14th April 2007, 21:59
Perhaps it would be better if these short oval posts were kept in one thread (like the NASCAR/NASN thread) and not have a new thread for every single posting.

pickup
14th April 2007, 22:08
Perhaps it would be better if these short oval posts were kept in one thread (like the NASCAR/NASN thread) and not have a new thread for every single posting.

I think that's a good idea, to be fair the guy did ask if it was ok to post on here and nobody came back negatively.
I agree it's not SCSA related but at least it's motorsport and we get topics posted here that have absolutely nothing to do with motor racing that people don't comment on.

cjhill2002
16th April 2007, 01:13
It was a pretty good event i thought.

It was dissapointing however to see that not all BriSCA F1 cars that booked in turned up. 17 i think i counted.
Enjoyed walking round the paddock looking at all the cars and learning about them.
Those cars sound awesome!!!.

Frankie Wainman Jr was stunning, he won the 'Grand Final' from the back of the grid in fine style and took the win with a last bend lunge which was pretty impressive in itself. This meant he would start just in front of the leaders effectively 1 lap down for the 'Grand National'. Yes he needed a yellow or 2 to catch and pass the leaders but he was able to pass anyone with ease all evening. He carried so much more speed into the corners than anyone else and if someone was in front of him he'd bump them in the middle of the turn and get inside them on the exit.

The 2.0 ltr stock cars were very impressive as well, Deane Wood taking the victory in one and Diggy Smith took the win in the final after a few lead changes.

All in all a very good evening, Fantastic to see a Big crowd and Wimbledon tonight, 1st time i have been and not been able to get a seat and had to sit on the boards.

Chris29
16th April 2007, 20:15
Pleased you enjoyed the night :)

Just to pick up on a few points which I have missed over the weekend... It did occur to me last week that it looked like I was almost taking over the forum with BriSCA posts. The last thing I want is for such information to appear to be a bit 'spammy'. I am also well aware that your own season is about to start in a couple of weeks. It does seem that there is some interest though. I am currently awaiting a press release from Incarace for the coming weekend's events at Birmingham and Hednesford. If this information does turn up (of which there is no guarentee), I will start a new thread entitled 'BriSCA Information' which can then serve the purpose for all related information throughout the season. I hope this solution is suitable for all on here.

I do appreciate that I am posting as a 'guest' on here and that the information is not entirely related to SCSA. However, the information will hopefully be of interest to some when you are looking for something a bit different to do on the non-SCSA weekends.

Reynard
16th April 2007, 23:24
Cheers Chris. If you can keep all the short oval stuff to a single thread, that'd be super. :up: :)

Abo
17th April 2007, 08:07
Chris, you can post as much stuff here as you like as far as I'm concerned, as long as it is prefixed with [OT]. But I'm nto a mod...