PDA

View Full Version : Belgian G.P. Spa

Tazio
30th July 2013, 05:23
http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a308/raymondu999/11-belgium-circuit_zps18fa61b6.jpg

http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a308/raymondu999/ScreenShot2013-07-28at70159AM_zpsbea1a707.png
http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a308/raymondu999/ScreenShot2013-07-28at70208AM_zps12bbcb82.png
http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a308/raymondu999/ScreenShot2013-07-28at70213AM_zps1bb3988c.png

Tyres - Hard (prime, red) and Medium (option, white)

2012*
Tyres - Hard (prime, silver) and Medium (option, white)
Pole - Jenson Button
Winner - Jenson Button (Medium - Hard)

Tyres - Medium (prime, white) and Soft (option, yellow)
Pole - Sebastian Vettel
Winner - Sebastian Vettel (Soft - Soft - Soft - Medium)

2012 - Jenson Button

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ZzM-ZVlxvw]Formula 1 Jenson Button Onboard Spa Belgium 2012 Pole Lap - YouTube
This is going to be Mercedes vs Ferrari....Ferrari will be stronger.

dj_bytedisaster
30th July 2013, 06:43
Not if Ferrari is in the same shape as the last two races, they won't. And don't count out the RB's. Vettel came from 11th on the grid to second last year. I'd say Nico and Lewis are the favourites (Nico was generally quite good in Spa), but they'll get a run for their money from Vettel and Kimi. Nothing short of blatant cheating would get Ferrari into contention again. Since Barcelona, where they won due to a clever strategy on clown-tyres that have by now been fixed, they haven't shown nuff anything and I can't see them salvaging this season, else they'll start 2014 on the defense as well.

Garry Walker
30th July 2013, 09:17
Ferrari is overrated and out of the running for WC. That is why the reply to what he would want for birthday from Alonso (another car), he knows it well. Ferrari has been greatly overrated this year. They had a couple of good races, but their pace has never been a match to Red Bull, only due to some incredible driving from Alonso did they get good results. But even he can't make up the distance compared to better cars now. Mercedes will be quick I am sure, but might have problems in S2 with tyres overheating over a race distance. Lotus will probably struggle with tyre temperatures, as it usually is not very hot at Spa. Red Bull will once again most likely be the quickest car, just as they were in Hungary.

dj_bytedisaster
30th July 2013, 09:22
Red Bull will once again most likely be the quickest car, just as they were in Hungary.

That's why they won with such a great margin ;) Being quick in practice, when you're on your own and can use a setup optimized for lap time is one thing. In race trimj they've usually been a lot less dominant, especially as they can't get to the pole with Merc's freakish qualifying pace. I'd say on the revised tyres, the Merc is slightly ahead of the RB and even the Lotus is not that far behind in race trim.

Garry Walker
30th July 2013, 10:04
That's why they won with such a great margin ;) Being quick in practice, when you're on your own and can use a setup optimized for lap time is one thing. In race trimj they've usually been a lot less dominant, especially as they can't get to the pole with Merc's freakish qualifying pace. I'd say on the revised tyres, the Merc is slightly ahead of the RB and even the Lotus is not that far behind in race trim.

Red Bull messed up the qualy for Webber and their other driver did not get the perfect lap in qualy (made mistakes), whereas Hamilton did. From then on it was complicated for them, because it is hard to overtake at Hungary. Even Red Bull themselves admitted to Ted Kravitz they thought they had the fastest car of the weekend. There is no way Mercedes was faster than Red Bull on race pace at Hungary.

dj_bytedisaster
30th July 2013, 10:23
There is no way Mercedes was faster than Red Bull on race pace at Hungary.

They might not be faster on raw numbers, but what they're lacking is the huge honking achilles heel of the Red Bull. the RB is designed for optimizing lap times - truck loads of downforce traded for straightline speed. That's a lethal combination if they start from pole, but if not they're out of the running. That's what the Merc doesn't have. Due to the straightline deficit Vettel got stuck behind a dawdling old man in a Volvo (aka J. Button) and that ruined his race.
The RB might be fastest on paper in the same way as Achilles was stronger than Patroklos, but like Achilles, the RB has a huge honking weakness, which makes it possible to defeat them easily if you have a lightning quick qualifier like Heartbroken!Lewis and a bit of luck (Button in the way). It worked out often enough in the past for RB, but if the Mercs keep up to steal poles, Seb could still lose this years championship to Lewis.

Garry Walker
30th July 2013, 10:33
They might not be faster on raw numbers, but what they're lacking is the huge honking achilles heel of the Red Bull. the RB is designed for optimizing lap times - truck loads of downforce traded for straightline speed. That's a lethal combination if they start from pole, but if not they're out of the running. That's what the Merc doesn't have. Due to the straightline deficit Vettel got stuck behind a dawdling old man in a Volvo (aka J. Button) and that ruined his race.
Dawdling old man in a Volvo :laugh: :laugh: . Good one.

The RB might be fastest on paper in the same way as Achilles was stronger than Patroklos, but like Achilles, the RB has a huge honking weakness, which makes it possible to defeat them easily if you have a lightning quick qualifier like Heartbroken!Lewis and a bit of luck (Button in the way). It worked out often enough in the past for RB, but if the Mercs keep up to steal poles, Seb could still lose this years championship to Lewis.

On other tracks, where overtaking is easier, Red Bull will not have problems overtaking slower cars. Hungary was a just a special case. Besides that, Mercedes will still have races where they will have tyre troubles. Red Bull is always there, always very fast.

Koz
30th July 2013, 10:37

Exactly!

If one were to look at the speed traps, they would see this clearly.

18 1 Sebastian Vettel 14:53:56 298.7
19 12 Esteban Gutierrez 14:42:14 297.9
20 2 Mark Webber 14:17:31 297.7
21 8 Romain Grosjean 14:33:38 297.6
22 7 Kimi Räikkönen 14:42:38 294.1

Yes, Red Bull and Lotus had the lowest top speed. Which is Vettel and Grosjean struggled so much behind Button - both were on the limiter.

This is why Grsojean couldn't get Fernando after hounding him for half of the race.

dj_bytedisaster
30th July 2013, 10:39
On other tracks, where overtaking is easier, Red Bull will not have problems overtaking slower cars. Hungary was a just a special case. Besides that, Mercedes will still have races where they will have tyre troubles. Red Bull is always there, always very fast.

The overtaking conundrum is a constant for Red Bull. A straightline deficit is catastrophic news on a fast track like Spa or Monza. Especially with cars like McLaren and FI suffering a lack of downforce, which makes them faster on the straight. They'll probably still get past, but if they need 3 laps to pull it off, Lewis is off and away by then. They only had the McLarens to worry about last year and they could rely on McMerc either effing up a pitstop or blowing up some part or other. This year the Mercedes are in the mix and that wasn't in the script...

Garry Walker
30th July 2013, 10:43
The overtaking conundrum is a constant for Red Bull. A straightline deficit is catastrophic news on a fast track like Spa or Monza. Especially with cars like McLaren and FI suffering a lack of downforce, which makes them faster on the straight. They'll probably still get past, but if they need 3 laps to pull it off, Lewis is off and away by then. They only had the McLarens to worry about last year and they could rely on McMerc either effing up a pitstop or blowing up some part or other. This year the Mercedes are in the mix and that wasn't in the script...

Well, we'll see. I think the superior speed of Red Bull and the DRS will help them past their rivals, even if they have top-speed deficit.

DexDexter
30th July 2013, 11:33

Lotus has the same problem, they're always slow on the straights, or if they aren't it's due to having taken downforce off.

Mia 01
30th July 2013, 12:04
I hope Lotus PDRS works at Spa. Hope for another victory for Kimi there.

Brown, Jon Brow
30th July 2013, 12:06
I hope they have shortened the DRS zone on the Kemmel straight this year. The last two seasons passing has been for too easy here due to an overpowered DRS.

Tazio
30th July 2013, 13:42
A differentnt type of track than they have been running lately, and one Ferrari will do well at due to the stability of their braking. They will also excell at Monza! :bulb: Vettel of course should be the favorite especially if it rains and Lotus will be nowhere in that case. If it is dry It will be a toss-up. with Kimi getting all he can handle from Rogro.
Should be a good race for a change. :bulb:

555-04Q2
1st August 2013, 15:01
Ahhhhhh.....SPA! The best circuit in the world after the ring :)

kfzmeister
1st August 2013, 17:09
Kimi for the win.

Parabolica
1st August 2013, 20:17
Unless the Scuderia hit the upgrade jackpot, then they will outsiders for a podium.

And by using the word "jackpot" I am deliberately implying that there are elements of luck and coincidence required.

It is clear that intentional and planned improvement is beyond us.

Sage-sg
3rd August 2013, 08:30
Kimi is king of Spa ring. He needs this win very much and I hope that he can do it.

Parabolica
4th August 2013, 15:42
Kimi is traditionally strong around Spa for sure. I expect Red Bull to be stronger. Section 2 should show any lasting weakness of Mercedes in race trim. Hungaroring was too similar in setup to Monaco and possibly flattered Mercedes on race day.

kfzmeister
5th August 2013, 06:31
Kimi is traditionally strong around Spa for sure. I expect Red Bull to be stronger. Section 2 should show any lasting weakness of Mercedes in race trim. Hungaroring was too similar in setup to Monaco and possibly flattered Mercedes on race day.

I think you may not give Merc enough credit. Hungary was HOT and the tires held up. Merc did not "slow-down" the field like The Rosberg needed to do in Monaco.
I think they'll be mighty.

I also hate to say this, but i see RoGro having a serious chance for his first win here. He's slowly but surely showing better pace than Kimi.

555-04Q2
5th August 2013, 11:55
I think this years race will be won by one of the Mercedes cars, with either Kimi or Sebastian filling the podium. It all depends on how the Mercs tyres do during the race.

Parabolica
5th August 2013, 19:31
Not sure that I am ready to credit Mercedes, as I am not convinced that
the punishment of not attending a restricted test in exchange for an undisclosed race-driver test wasn't of substantial benefit over a longer term than first expected.

Just my feeling. I have no proof of it.

Spa will either strengthen or weaken my belief.

Tazio
7th August 2013, 14:04
With nearly three weeks untill the race here is some viewing material to help pass the time. The 2001 Belgian G.P. was odd and interesting!

2001 Round 14 - Belgian Grand Prix (http://v.youku.com/v_show/id_XMjE1NjQwNzk2.html)

Tazio
7th August 2013, 14:06
With nearly three weeks untill the race here is some viewing material to help pass the time. The 2001 Belgian G.P. was odd and interesting!

2001 Round 14 - Belgian Grand Prix (http://v.youku.com/v_show/id_XMjE1NjQwNzk2.html)

Koz
7th August 2013, 14:38
Why dude, why?

224 races?!
You've ruined my life. Happy?

Tazio
7th August 2013, 14:51
Que pasa Pedro? :confused:

kfzmeister
7th August 2013, 19:28

Great link. I had it a few years ago, then lost sight of it. They have great in-car video's. Wish i could navigate that site :mad:

Mia 01
7th August 2013, 23:52
A fifth win for kimi, all that I ask for.

kfzmeister
8th August 2013, 06:38
A fifth win for kimi, all that I ask for.

.....and a donut to go with it.

TheFamousEccles
8th August 2013, 09:04

Aaarrrggghhhh!!!!!! Darryl Eastlake!!!!!!! Nooooooooooooo.............. :arrowed:

anfield5
9th August 2013, 03:58
Win for Renault (sorry I will always refuse to call them Lotus) but for Grosjean. He is due. He appears to have learnt how not to collide with anyone close enough at the start and he is looking seriously fast.
He has out qualified Kimi in 2 of the last three and was next to him on the grid in the other race, was 3 rd in Germany, 1 place behind Kimi (team orders to explain this) and was really unlucky to be penalised for his move on Massa in Hungary

Koz
11th August 2013, 07:59
Que pasa Pedro? :confused:

Like taking an overweight diabetic kid of a candy store and uttering the words "all you can eat"... :(

Parabolica
11th August 2013, 10:06
It's important not to forget that the rain can appear at any time in the Ardennes.

We haven't had a wet race yet, so predictions for a rain-soaked competition are just guess-estimates.

Given the Mercedes has good front grip, the rain should suit them.

For Ferrari, we need Mister Blue Sky

SGWilko
13th August 2013, 20:34
we need Mister Blue Sky

ELO? ;)

anfield5
13th August 2013, 21:05
ELO? ;)
Elo yourself, how are you? :)

Parabolica
14th August 2013, 12:22
Tactically, Ferrari need to keep their options open, to treat the race like a Living Thing, such a terrible thing to lose.

Wim_Impreza
14th August 2013, 19:12
It's important not to forget that the rain can appear at any time in the Ardennes.

We haven't had a wet race yet, so predictions for a rain-soaked competition are just guess-estimates.

Given the Mercedes has good front grip, the rain should suit them.

For Ferrari, we need Mister Blue Sky

It is the driest year ever in Belgium this year, even in Spa.

Parabolica
15th August 2013, 09:50
Having worked at Spa before, I know that the Ardennes region has a micro-climate weather system all of its own. It can be dry in the paddock, and have rain of biblical proportions at Blanchimont. I take your word for it that Belgium is drier than ever. I just think that Spa is Spa.

Robinho
15th August 2013, 13:35
The weather forecast I looked at seemed to suggest there was at least a chance of some rain in the region on Sunday

Sent from North Korea using the dark network

555-04Q2
16th August 2013, 15:16
You can never tell with SPA. Personally, I would love to see a dry race, but if it rains I won't complain :)

Tazio
19th August 2013, 15:27
The weather forecast I looked at seemed to suggest there was at least a chance of some rain in the region on Sunday

Sent from North Korea using the dark network
I just ran across this:

The 7 day weather forecast summary for Spa Francorchamps Circuit:

The forecast for Spa Francorchamps Circuit in the coming week is predicting the average daytime maximum temperature will be around 23°C, with a high for the week of 27°C expected on Saturday afternoon. The average minimum temperature will be 11°C, dipping to its lowest on Tuesday morning at 6°C. The week ahead will have mostly dry days although Monday 19th and Sunday 25th are likely to see a significant amount of rain. The indicators are that Sunday will have the most precipitation with an accumulation of around 19.0mm. On the whole winds are likely to be light.
Of course being Spa it really is too early to put much credence in 7 day projections.

http://formula1.ferrari.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/08/N_130256_new-630x300.jpg

truefan72
23rd August 2013, 09:34
stupid Ted Kravitz on sky thinking that drivers #1 priority should be with the media lol.
Way to look miopic about F1 Ted :rolleyes:

"They should simply tell the truth"
lol

Brown, Jon Brow
23rd August 2013, 21:34
Tyre failures strike again during practice.

Eau Rouge
23rd August 2013, 22:50
Tyre failures strike again during practice.

here we go again... drivers looking for assurance that they are safe but how can they do that. They are the tyres, too late to change them.

Robinho
24th August 2013, 02:48
Maybe they need to mandate angles and pressures again, it would not be unreasonable to suggest that red bull and Ferrari would be the 2 teams pushing the boundaries hardest, but there should be no repeat failures or we have a big problem

kfzmeister
24th August 2013, 05:16
Suggested that RB is running lower pressures again.

Koz
24th August 2013, 13:21
OMG Giedo!!! OMG!

truefan72
24th August 2013, 13:21
wow both marussia's and one caterham in Q2
:up:

Koz
24th August 2013, 13:23
Giedo was on slicks!!

All of them on slicks?

longisland
24th August 2013, 13:23
Great stuff! Almost everyone get Giedoed!!

steveaki13
24th August 2013, 13:24
Wonderful Gamble. Why not try it and its worked perfectly.

Get out again those 3 and set a dry time first and hope for a downpour.

steveaki13
24th August 2013, 13:25
Giedo was on slicks!!

All of them on slicks?

3 of the 4 drivers (Pic) were all on slicks. Pic must feel like a chump

Rollo
24th August 2013, 13:25
Force India scored 2 & 3 in P1 (was it?). What is it about them that they shine particularly here but not really anywhere else? Is Spa just a circuit for the reckless or brave, or can they screw raw power from the Merc engines?

longisland
24th August 2013, 13:47
It's a tossed up for Q3. Me think the car that crosses the line last may get the pole.

steveaki13
24th August 2013, 13:54
Paul for Pole.????

steveaki13
24th August 2013, 14:02
What a session. How did that all change so quick? Within 4 minutes it went from tipping it down, to drying. WTF? So quick

Great effort by the Top 5.

truefan72
YES!

4 baby!

master and commander!

honorable mention to DiResta who's garage must have replicated massa brazil 2008
uh oh foul language over the radio
oh well

time to wake up the missus!

Rollo
Paul for Pole.????

Not now... :(

He was beaten by a drying track. Two Mercs and two Red Bulls, slide right on by. Lewis seemed stunned at taking that.

Ranger
24th August 2013, 14:03
Paul for Pole.????

He got caught out, unbelievably. Crazy session.

truefan72
24th August 2013, 14:04
sadly though Vettel is right up there and has done nothing to hurt his championship chances
In fact Alonso and Kimi being down the order has helped him

truefan72
24th August 2013, 14:05
He got caught out, unbelievably. Crazy session.

indeed

edv
24th August 2013, 18:19
What?

You think this was a crazy session??

Not Crazy AT ALL!

WHY?

Because...

http://i.imgur.com/UhHY2C6.jpg

Parabolica
24th August 2013, 20:25
Arrivederci Campionato.

TheFamousEccles
24th August 2013, 23:47
The STR boys seem to have been truly rogered by sketchy pit wall calls. Listening to their comments afterwards, they were both VERY diplomatic.

kfzmeister
25th August 2013, 05:59
Best. Picture. Ever!

http://pbs.twimg.com/media/BSb95DLCMAAgPX4.jpg

truefan72
25th August 2013, 09:11
The STR boys seem to have been truly rogered by sketchy pit wall calls. Listening to their comments afterwards, they were both VERY diplomatic.

lol. don't tell that to Helmut Marko. As far as he is concerned it is always the driver's fault, not his shoddy car and as you say, "sketchy pitwall calls"
I can just hear him now, telling the drivers that they should have decided their own strategy and made the calls themselves..." the pitwall is not in your cockpit son!" he tells them as he interrupts the team debrief.

Parabolica
25th August 2013, 10:29
Best. Picture. Ever!

http://pbs.twimg.com/media/BSb95DLCMAAgPX4.jpg

Is he saying - "See what a three day secret test in a 2013 car gets you!"?

steveaki13
25th August 2013, 12:54
Afternoon Peeeps.

Protesters on the roof of a grandstand. :dozey:

donKey jote
25th August 2013, 12:57
hay gurlz :D

Koz
25th August 2013, 12:58
Hai!

veeten
25th August 2013, 13:00
Ah, we meet again. Coffee & mini-donuts, nothing better... :)

pino
25th August 2013, 13:00
Ciao :wave:

Warriwa
25th August 2013, 13:02
Clutch issues already for Webber. I ****in hate red bull ****.

donKey jote
gogogogoo :D

veeten
Here we...... GOOOOOOO!!!!!

donKey jote
25th August 2013, 13:03
Vet gives Ham the finger :dozey:

steveaki13
25th August 2013, 13:04
Wow. Pace by Seb

donKey jote
25th August 2013, 13:05
stoopid rev limiter :dozey:

steveaki13
25th August 2013, 13:06
Van the Man still 14th and racing. Fair play to him. Marussia already last

pino
25th August 2013, 13:07
Vettel already on the lead :s

donKey jote
25th August 2013, 13:08
call me when the rain starts :dozey:

steveaki13
25th August 2013, 13:10
Saving tyres after 2 racing laps as well

steveaki13
25th August 2013, 13:12
I hate DRS

Tazio
25th August 2013, 13:12
'Sup Fellas :p

steveaki13
25th August 2013, 13:14
'Sup Fellas :p

I hate DRS. Thats whats Sup. :mad:

steveaki13
25th August 2013, 13:15
Brake Dust pouring from Lotus

donKey jote
25th August 2013, 13:16
hay taz :D

pino
25th August 2013, 13:16
I hate RBR :p :

longisland
25th August 2013, 13:17
Great sling shot from Seb! Lotus are in trouble

webberf1
25th August 2013, 13:18
Very good start by Vettel. Will be interesting to see how those tyres hold up with that skinny rear wing.

Tazio
25th August 2013, 13:19
Kimi is smoking

steveaki13
25th August 2013, 13:20
Is it meant to rain? Or are we on for a fair weather race.

veeten
25th August 2013, 13:21
I hate RBR :p :
Now now, pino. Temper, temper... :p ;)

longisland
25th August 2013, 13:22
Great move from Kimi on Hulk! He may have brake problem but he's not going to throw the towel. Not sure if Charlie might black flag Kimi. The left front wheel is smoking.

veeten
25th August 2013, 13:23
Kimi is smoking

and smoking can be bad for you, especially at Spa... ;)

Ranger
25th August 2013, 13:24
Dumb penalty for Perez.

With driver stewards we still end up with stupid decisions, great.

steveaki13
25th August 2013, 13:25
Non of the top 3 seem able to race each other which is a shame. Its not started as a brilliant, unpredictable Belgian GP as we have seen in the past.

donKey jote
25th August 2013, 13:27
kimi don't understand anything :uhoh:

steveaki13
25th August 2013, 13:28
Love Kimi.

Doesnt take any of that sh** from the team about conserving his Car.

steveaki13
25th August 2013, 13:30
Alonso Rocking today

donKey jote
25th August 2013, 13:30
phew DRS not enough :D

webberf1
25th August 2013, 13:31
Fernando on a change. This one ain't over yet.

longisland
25th August 2013, 13:37
Great stuff again from Kimi picking, di Resta, Checo & Gueteriez

steveaki13
25th August 2013, 13:39
Seb doing a good job, but making this race and this season quite dull. Shame.

The title will be wrapped up about 4 or 5 races early if no one can challenge him.

donKey jote
25th August 2013, 13:43
Vettel cruising and still faster than Alo and the rest :s nore:

donKey jote
25th August 2013, 13:51
kimi out :(

steveaki13
25th August 2013, 13:51
Kimi's brake goes pop

veeten
25th August 2013, 13:52
Brakes shot. Poor Kimi. :(

Tazio
25th August 2013, 13:53
Kimi Man :uhoh:

longisland
25th August 2013, 13:53
Darn! What a bummer! Kimi is finally out of points after 38 races. But he went out in style.

veeten
25th August 2013, 13:54
all that brake dust earlier was a clear tell-tale.

gm99
25th August 2013, 13:55
Whata cruel twist of fate that Kimi's record point streak would end at Spa of all places :(

veeten
already a impromptu press conference, and after an ice cream. ;)

donKey jote
maldodonkey :(

steveaki13
Pit entry change next year I think. Williams pitting wipes out PdR.

steveaki13
25th August 2013, 13:58
Stand corrected. He hit Sutil then ran wide into Paul. Chaos.

veeten
25th August 2013, 13:59
clipped by Sutil, and finished-off by DiResta. Wow.

longisland
25th August 2013, 14:04
Barring rain, the last stint is essentially a Vettel victory parade.

Tazio
25th August 2013, 14:04
Vettel cruising and still faster than Alo and the rest :s nore:

How bad is Webber in that rig? :confused:

tfp
25th August 2013, 14:06
Alonso flying again! Could he challenge vettel?

longisland
25th August 2013, 14:09
There shouldn't be any DRS zone. The DRS overtaking was easier than GP3.

steveaki13
25th August 2013, 14:10
Alonso flying again! Could he challenge vettel?

No. Unless Rain

dj_bytedisaster
25th August 2013, 14:14
Webber looks ridiculous in that car. His team mate runs away with it and he fights for 5th. He seems ages past his sell-by date...

donKey jote
25th August 2013, 14:16
give it to Alonso instead :andrea: :devil:

Tazio
25th August 2013, 14:18
Go Felipe :)

donKey jote
massa can pass :eek: :crazy:

Tazio
Felipe baby!!

donKey jote
25th August 2013, 14:19
Vettel taking the piss :p

tfp
25th August 2013, 14:20
This is just a seb demonstration run....

steveaki13
25th August 2013, 14:24
As is F1.

4 years in a row it will be and people moan about the Schumi years but we are seeing another team dominating F1 and like Ferrari it will begin to ruin the sport.

Red Bull only doing there job, but the other teams must have questions to answer.

donKey jote
25th August 2013, 14:26
P2 :up:

Alo happy

donKey jote
25th August 2013, 14:27
well done vet and alo
no big donkeys

longisland
25th August 2013, 14:29
Best race of the season IMO. Seb wind but Kimi is still my driver of the race.

RedBullian1
25th August 2013, 14:30
Alonso and Riccardo had great races, but Vettel was the driver of the race with the way he just dominated today

donKey jote
25th August 2013, 14:31
and well done Márquez and Sordo too :D :andrea:

Tazio
25th August 2013, 14:32
Kimi is still my driver of the race.Really, why?

donKey jote
25th August 2013, 14:33
Alo not very chatty :laugh:

donKey jote
25th August 2013, 14:33
Really, why?

cos he's kimi of course :)

nice passes till the brakes collapsed

Tazio
25th August 2013, 14:38
I love Kimi who drove well but I don't think t was really special. It's hard to give it to a guy who exited so early IMO.

Ranger
25th August 2013, 14:38
Best race of the season IMO.

Your opinion is wrong! :devil:

donKey jote
25th August 2013, 14:39
yep

steveaki13
25th August 2013, 14:41
Your opinion is wrong! :devil:

Amen to that

longisland
25th August 2013, 14:41
Depending which side of the fence your're on, ��is what we will enjoy or put up with for the rest of the season. PS. That's a pretty bad shirt on Coultard.

steveaki13
25th August 2013, 14:43
DC always with a lack of style.

Tazio
25th August 2013, 14:45
Seb getting booed :laugh:

dj_bytedisaster
25th August 2013, 14:47
Seb getting booed :laugh:

I think it was the numbnut doing the abseiling act, who got booed. Spa is merely 20 mins from Germany, so most of the audience is probably German ;)

Tazio
25th August 2013, 14:50
I think it was the numbnut doing the abseiling act, who got booed. Spa is merely 20 mins from Germany, so most of the audience is probably German ;)

I missed the rope act
I know where Spa is ;)

donKey jote
25th August 2013, 14:50
I think it was the numbnut doing the abseiling act, who got booed. Spa is merely 20 mins from Germany, so most of the audience is probably German http://www.motorsportforums.com/images/smilies/wink.gif

yep

kfzmeister
25th August 2013, 15:27
P2 :up:

Alo happy

I don't think so. Did you see how the rear wheels spun through the last turn. Looked like absolute frustration. He didn;t say a word in the driver's room. Sadly, i think, it's becoming clear to him.

kfzmeister
25th August 2013, 15:28
Spa is merely 20 mins from Germany, so most of the audience is probably German ;)

Does that mean all Germans like him?

dj_bytedisaster
25th August 2013, 15:36
Does that mean all Germans like him?

Not neccessarily, but they wouldn't really boo him. And the Vettel haters wouldn't really go to a race, which he's likely to finish well in, especially as prices in Spa are quite steep, even for the 'cheapest' spots. There are a lot of people in Germany, who don't like him, but that's more down to the fact that most of my countrymen are hopeless losers and therefore hate everyone, who's successful.

janneppi
25th August 2013, 15:48
I'd say this race removed any hope for Räikkönen to get a title. Too far behind to fight faster cars in front. I just hope Hamilton manages to to bring the fight to Vettel so it won't be a total borefest for first place like today.

kfzmeister
25th August 2013, 15:48
Is he saying - "See what a three day secret test in a 2013 car gets you!"?

I liked some of your original contributions on this forum, but that comment dropped you way down the list. Poor.

Tazio
25th August 2013, 16:14
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BShan6rCAAARDHQ.jpg

:s ailor: :dork:

Garry Walker
25th August 2013, 19:19

Maybe most germans realize that he is a jerk and booed him for that.

dj_bytedisaster
25th August 2013, 21:01
Maybe most germans realize that he is a jerk and booed him for that.

They boo'ed the lentil-eating Greenpeace-Ecolesbian abseiling onto the podium, but I guess you had to get that dig in, considering that you now had to wait four whole weeks to log on and sprout your hatred. Frankly, I'm starting to look forward to it on race weekends, just to read your frustrated hateful drivel...

driveace
25th August 2013, 21:33
I honestly thought the crowd were booing Vettel,and think Vettel thought the same too.As he said I cannot understand this ,part of the crowd are chearing and part of the crowd are booing!
To be honest was it a race after Vettel breezed past Hamilton with such ease and no help from open rear wings so easily .
One of the most boring races I would say ,the crowd love to see wheel to wheel close racing ,but with the RB being so strong ,we don't get that .

dj_bytedisaster
25th August 2013, 21:49
Booing someone for being successful is ridiculous...
I think people overrate the RB. First of all, Mercedes were running way too much rear wing. They had gambled on mixed conditions and lost. Both RB and Ferrari were head and shoulders above the rest in term of top speed. Had it started to rain both would have struggled badly with their low-downforce setup. The only reason why Alonso didn't catch Seb was, because he first had to overtake 7 cars. Once he had done that, he was 7 seconds behind and that gap stayed exactly the same for most of the race. Only when Alonso stopped pushing towards the end, the gap grew. Both RB and Ferrari had a setup for dry conditions and they were lucky.

555-04Q2
26th August 2013, 07:55
Great track, great race, great win by Seb and a fantastic push from Fernando :up:

Love SPA :D

Parabolica
26th August 2013, 09:12
Forgive me if I missed it, but does anyone else consider that the Mercedes had a more rain-orientated set-up?

It seemed that it was a mistake in Eau Rouge by Hamilton that gave Vettel the speed advantage to pass on the straight, but after this I am suspecting that the downforce settings were in the hope of rain.

This would also explain the sudden speed increase in the wet qualifying session compared to dry FP2 .& FP3.

zako85
26th August 2013, 09:35
I think the car setup made the biggest difference on Sunday. It seems like RBR set up its cars for a dry race while Alonso's Ferrari was running a high downforce setup that's more appropriate for a wet race. I really want to believe this theory. Otherwise, it will be a pretty boring second half of season.

Parabolica
26th August 2013, 09:42
I liked some of your original contributions on this forum, but that comment dropped you way down the list. Poor.

I respect your opinion.

Nothing I have seen so far suggests that Mercedes did not gain a huge advantage from that test. Comparing their tyre management now to pre-test does nothing but suggest they benefited, and also shows that the YTD was not a satisfactory compensation for their rivals.

I cannot get to enthused by Mercedes on-track improvements because of this.

I'm sorry if that view offends, but so does ignoring it and hyping up current performance.

Were Hamilton to win the championship (very unlikely, though it excites the press) then it would be tarnished.

Parabolica
26th August 2013, 09:44
Ferrari top speed without DRS didn't seem to be a wet set-up.

555-04Q2
26th August 2013, 10:02
Forgive me if I missed it, but does anyone else consider that the Mercedes had a more rain-orientated set-up?

It seemed that it was a mistake in Eau Rouge by Hamilton that gave Vettel the speed advantage to pass on the straight, but after this I am suspecting that the downforce settings were in the hope of rain.

This would also explain the sudden speed increase in the wet qualifying session compared to dry FP2 .& FP3.

I feel the same. The Mercs are normally quick on the straights but they were nowhere yesterday. They definitely look like they setup for a wet race. Cost them the win in my books.

N. Jones
26th August 2013, 12:22
Merc GP finishing 3rd and 4th look like somewhere to me.

555-04Q2
26th August 2013, 14:50
Merc GP finishing 3rd and 4th look like somewhere to me.

I said they were nowhere on the straights yesterday ;)

dj_bytedisaster
26th August 2013, 17:58
I think the car setup made the biggest difference on Sunday. It seems like RBR set up its cars for a dry race while Alonso's Ferrari was running a high downforce setup that's more appropriate for a wet race. I really want to believe this theory. Otherwise, it will be a pretty boring second half of season.

Alonso was running a dry weather low downforce setup, too. Hamilton reported on team-radio that the Ferrari was 'ridiculously fast' on the straights. It were the Mercs who were running too much wing and had gambled on a rainy race as they had the upper hand on RB in all wet parts of qualifying.

Tazio
26th August 2013, 21:10
I think Ferrari were running a medium down force setup, hedging their bets on the weather, but with a really tall 7th gear.

Tazio
27th August 2013, 01:38
Perhaps Webber's lackluster performance at Spa was due to distractions :confused: :p :

http://img4.auto-motor-und-sport.de/Girls-Formel-1-GP-Belgien-2013-fotoshowImage-7eb86da0-713045.jpg

:s ailor:

Tazio
27th August 2013, 04:29
I think Ferrari were running a medium down force setup,
Or not! :confused:
Domencali seems to imply that the car was in a low downforce configuration, but it sure seemed to have more rear wing than RB.

Domencali said the improvement in form was not just down to upgrades introduced for low downforce Spa: “Some of them will carry through for the next races, some others were obviously focussed with the package for this race, but at least I’m pleased to see that the car was back to a normal improvement, in terms of performance, that was the most important thing for us.”

Meanwhile Domenicali confirmed that the gap between Alonso and leader Vettel opened up in the final stint because the Spaniard backed off to save the car.

“At a certain point, because the gap was always there around 10-11 seconds, and in our view there was nothing to gain and there was nothing to protect from behind we just considered not to destroy the rhythm and preserve car in order to avoid any possible damages. We saw that Vettel was still pushing, and it was a little bit strange from our perspective, but we were let’s say just managing the position.
I wonder how much of that last part I emboldened is really true or just meant to keep hopes up through the home race (Monza)? I know their is no quit in that guy Fred.
Perhaps all is not lost. :dog:

airshifter
27th August 2013, 05:53
Hard to say. The Ferrari had great straight line speed, but did appear to have a lot more rear wing than the Red Bull. I think Newey is getting a lot more downforce out of the car than most teams, and thus doesn't need a lot of wing to provide more.

It also seems that the gearing was giving the RB a quicker to upper revs run, while Ferrari seemed to be a bit slower to rev up top but had blazing speed once it got there. I would imagine DRS can make the gearing selections tricky on many tracks.

555-04Q2
27th August 2013, 06:34
Perhaps Webber's lackluster performance at Spa was due to distractions :confused: :p :

http://img4.auto-motor-und-sport.de/Girls-Formel-1-GP-Belgien-2013-fotoshowImage-7eb86da0-713045.jpg

:s ailor:

Can't be, she aint hot enough to distract anyone.

Bruce D
27th August 2013, 08:56
Well I did hear someone in the commentary say that Ferrari had a good top speed in this race.

However, I couldn't help noticing how distinctly the Red Bulls sounded like blown exhausts again in this race. Have a listen to the car during medium speed corners from an outside camera, it's as clear as they were in 2011 again, so they've completely got around the rules to get it all back again, and that is why Vettel was able to make up so much ground on Hamilton through Eau Rouge on the first lap and then clear off on lap 1. I'm afraid I think it's game over for the rest for this year.

SGWilko
27th August 2013, 09:59
I respect your opinion.

Nothing I have seen so far suggests that Mercedes did not gain a huge advantage from that test. Comparing their tyre management now to pre-test does nothing but suggest they benefited, and also shows that the YTD was not a satisfactory compensation for their rivals.

I cannot get to enthused by Mercedes on-track improvements because of this.

I'm sorry if that view offends, but so does ignoring it and hyping up current performance.

Were Hamilton to win the championship (very unlikely, though it excites the press) then it would be tarnished.

If Merc were to win the WCC, maybe you could argue it was because of the tyres, but as the Pirelli's are different to what they were when the Merc's were chewing them up......

It wont tarnish any win by Lewis AFAIAC, whether that be win a race or a WDC.

Tazio
27th August 2013, 14:28
I'm afraid I think it's game over for the rest for this year. Myself as well, this is about the time last season that RB's developments (or Ferrari's lack of) really changed the game. It's hard to imagine them getting overtaken in this arena, especially by Ferrari, as much as I hate to admit it.

Mia 01
27th August 2013, 14:33
After Kimi had to pit with a brake problem, the race was not so fun for me.

Congratulations Seb!

Ide
31st August 2013, 11:19
If was great to see formula 1 cars live after couple of the years. Weather was good for Spa, especially on Friday. Small rain on Saturday wasn't bad and didn't last long time. But it was pity that Kimi retired. We're seeing race begin of the Kemmel and there weren't any screens. I noticed that Kimi disappeared so I think he went to pit. I got to know after 2 days that Kimi retired. I was hurrying to podium that I haven't had time to see results from the screens. It was very hard to run to podium with my heavy camera gear. But I would do that again! :)

Here are my 195 photos about the weekend (http://www.ilkansivu.net/Spa_F1_2013/). I'll make later better gallery. The current one is made during the trip with hurry.