PDA

View Full Version : Driver of the Race

Koz
28th July 2013, 14:47
Lewis!! In a league of his own.

Grosjean. Brilliant drives. Shame for the penalties.

Kimi.

AndyL
28th July 2013, 14:49
Raikkonen did a great job too.

Brown, Jon Brow
28th July 2013, 14:51
The top 2.

Lewis gave us a masterclass in overtaking. Kimi gave us a masterclass in defending.

ShiftingGears
28th July 2013, 15:00
Lewis and Kimi.

Garry Walker
The top 2.

Lewis gave us a masterclass in overtaking. Kimi gave us a masterclass in defending.
And they both gave a masterclass of driving.

Drivers: Hamilton, Kimi, Alonso, Grosjean in that order.

steveaki13
Boss of the Race: Lewis - Sensational drive from him today. Nice to see him finally win one.

Other Mentions:

Kimi - Nice strategy and fine second place.
Webber - Decent Race
Grosjean - He did a decent job and dat move on Massa.
Maldonado- Finished leader of the second half and beat some decent cars out there for points.
VDG - We often critise him, but a nice drive to win the young teams battle. 14th.

vhatever
28th July 2013, 15:03
I'd probably have to give it to kimi. But what would have been the result without grosjeans dependable stupidity?

A chimp could have won in the merc today with how the race unfolded. nice of button to not even race Hamilton and let him drive right past while blocking Vettel and damaging his wing by being a moron without ever being investigated for blatant blocking and causing an incident.

truefan72
28th July 2013, 15:05
The top 2.

agreed.
It is a virtual tie for me

N4D13
28th July 2013, 15:07
Kimi would have almost certainly won this race if he hadn't lost so much time behind Massa. But I need to give this to Lewis because that was an astonishing drive.

steveaki13
28th July 2013, 15:13
As I mentioned in the Race thread. A mention for the Marshalls who provented a SC by some quick thinking and good marhsalling on Bottas Car

N4D13
28th July 2013, 15:15
Rosberg also deserves a mention for flawless parking and providing a nice BBQ for the stewards in Turn 2. :p

A FONDO
28th July 2013, 15:17
Hamilton no doubt.

Grojan was having a very good race until that penalty.

I can never congratulate Kimi for such boring races, even if he becomes champion with that.

N4D13
28th July 2013, 15:28
I also need to congratulate Lotus on having painted a Galician flag on their car following the train accident in Spain. Did any other team have any similar displays of condolence?

Sage-sg
28th July 2013, 15:36
Kimi is hero the race because he did the unreal job!

Tazio
28th July 2013, 15:42
Boss, Kimi, and the indefatigable Fred defending the faster RoGro in the last stint who also deserves a shout out :confused: :beer: ;)

vhatever
28th July 2013, 15:49
As I mentioned in the Race thread. A mention for the Marshalls who provented a SC by some quick thinking and good marhsalling on Bottas Car

That was actually really stupid. We would have had about half a dozen dead bodies if someone had a mechinal problem or mental lapse in that corner. If they couldn't get a crane ASAP they should have flagged it or just left it double yellow until they could get one there.

But who cares about half a dozen dead people when it means the difference between an assured hamilton victory, right?

longisland
28th July 2013, 16:12
Lewis. Stole the thunder from seb in quali. nobody was expecting him to overcome a 0.8s gap. For once there's no car or tires gremlins. benefited from Button letting him by easily and Webber running off the track to avoid contact. Vettel had a busy day in the office. Fending off Grosjean, stuck behind Jenson and great scrap with Kimi. More importantly, he is consistently finishing on podium. Underwhelming qualifying g and 1st stint. Managed the tires superbly to move into 2nd and was able to fend off send late charge. Mark for finishing 4th having endured another no 2 treatment from the team.

Ari33
28th July 2013, 17:24
The top 2.

This ^

Great drives by both for different reasons, very difficult to separate the two. Joint DOTD for me! :)

wedge
28th July 2013, 19:13
Lewis!! In a league of his own.

Thanks to Button

Kimi stole the show by 2 stopping and giving Seb a good spanking at the end

The Black Knight
28th July 2013, 20:32
Hamilton drove the best race and earned his first win for Mercedes with some splendid overtaking - driver of the race by a country mile.

Kimi was great to end up where he did - he's my second.

DexDexter
28th July 2013, 21:45
Kimi& Lewis - both did an excellent job.

RedBullian1
29th July 2013, 00:48
Webber. From 9th to 4th

Jag_Warrior
29th July 2013, 06:45
Marvelous drive by Lewis. Other than Grosjean, I don't think anybody else put on a GP2-like show the way he did today. Kimi had a good result, but those two (Lewis and Romain) really spiced things up and made this one of the best races so far this year IMO.

Ranger
29th July 2013, 09:16
Hamilton - Though I do wish he would stop complaining every time his race engineer asks or tells him anything technical.

Grosjean was good apart from his move across the front of Button, I didnt think it deserved a penalty though, nor his pass of Massa.

Koz
29th July 2013, 09:46
Grosjean was good apart from his move across the front of Button, I didnt think it deserved a penalty though, nor his pass of Massa.

It is good to see that even Massa agrees he didn't deserve the penalty.

The Black Knight
29th July 2013, 11:14
Hamilton - Though I do wish he would stop complaining every time his race engineer asks or tells him anything technical.

I'm delighted to hear him do this. I always felt that this was one of Hamilton's weak points. When he was at McLaren he was just a yes sir man. I'm impressed to see him finally finding his voice and to be honest, he's the one in the car and we only hear snippets of what is going on. You can't judge whether he was justified in doing it or not. He's super smart and I doubt very much he would have been complaining without reason.

Either way, I'm glad he's finally finding his voice.

truefan72
29th July 2013, 17:39
I'm delighted to hear him do this. I always felt that this was one of Hamilton's weak points. When he was at McLaren he was just a yes sir man. I'm impressed to see him finally finding his voice and to be honest, he's the one in the car and we only hear snippets of what is going on. You can't judge whether he was justified in doing it or not. He's super smart and I doubt very much he would have been complaining without reason.

Either way, I'm glad he's finally finding his voice.

yup, and the "diff-settings" are all about handling preferences, which he was quite happy about. Even Brundle who normally always takes the side of the team over the driver, had to interject his co-commentators remarks and explain that this call was rather an annoyance and was not about tire or fuel conservation, but plainly about ride preference, which Hamilton was comfortable with and intuitive enough to change it as he sees fit. Also echoed by Johnny Herbert as well, after the race.
The guy was leading the race and pacing himself quite nicely. Hamilton had previously asked to be informed what the drivers around him where doing and instead h gets a message about diff settings instead. That wasprobably part of his annoyance as well.

Jag_Warrior
29th July 2013, 18:24
I look at these radio transmissions sort of like I do reality TV. We only hear what the FIA or FOM wants us to hear. Over the course of a race, there are probably thousands of transmissions back & forth. But we only hear a small handful. And so I've begun to think that the powers-that-be release transmissions in a way that paints a driver the way they want him to be portrayed or viewed by the public... much like a reality TV "star".

But that's OK. Unlike some other forms of motorsports (*cough cough* the IRL) at least F1 understands that people watch these races more for the personalities and action than just to watch the pretty cars with fancy paint jobs circulate. I'd gladly pay good money for a season-wrap DVD that included more of the radio transmissions. I'd love to be able to tap into the Kimi Channel. :D

tfp
29th July 2013, 19:01
Hamilton and Kimi for sure. Mention goes to grosjean aswel. Although with romain it seems to be one step forward and two steps back....

Mia 01
29th July 2013, 22:36
Kimi kept Seb by for moore than ten laps. I give it to him.

Lewis drowe well, just as well ás Seb when he starts from poole.

23rd August 2013, 18:34
Lewis is master of the driving i really impressed with the Lewis driving because i see the Lewis driving once time that's why my vote goes to Lewis...