PDA

View Full Version : Are we over Russell Brand yet?

Hazell B
11th December 2006, 00:59
Seeing him mentioned by Beans, and because I've been meaning to ask for ages, are we sick of the silly haired jester yet?

He's everywhere; radio, TV, papers (I'm told) and you just know he'll be doing adverts soon.

Bezza
11th December 2006, 01:02
I was sick of him when he first appeared and that opinion has not faltered. I am yet to hear anything funny come out of his mouth.

AndySpeed
11th December 2006, 01:09
Should I feel lucky not having a TV at uni, only reading the papers occasionally, only listening to certain radio and avoiding all adverts then?

CarlMetro
11th December 2006, 01:33
I think I'd put him only slightly behind Chris Moyles in the list of people I really don't like because their ego is bigger than they are.

It's one thing to have self confidence and belief, it's another to love yourself so much that you think everything you do is good and nobody does it better than you.

BeansBeansBeans
11th December 2006, 01:33
I think he's great, but he is over-exposed. I would advise people to check out his stand up show.

Drew
11th December 2006, 02:04
His best line must have been:

"I actually think Geldof's the best person to speak about famine, seeing as he's been dining out on I Don't Like Mondays for thirty years...".

I like the guy, couldn't live with him, but I like him.

slinkster
11th December 2006, 11:31
I think he's getting less funny the bigger his hair gets... not sure I always appreciate his er.. humour.. but I can see why people like him too- he's kinda different.

BDunnell
11th December 2006, 11:34
I'm not keen on him, based of what I've seen of him on TV. Give me a good old-fashioned Stephen Fry or Jeremy Hardy any day.

Dave B
11th December 2006, 12:31
As a Kenneth Williams tribute act he's reasonable enough, but nowhere nearly as good as the hype would have you believe.

BeansBeansBeans
11th December 2006, 12:43
A humorous Hammers fan with a fondness for innuendo? Oily is Russell Brand.

LotusElise
11th December 2006, 17:34
I've never seen him yet - sounds like I have escaped!

oily oaf
11th December 2006, 18:46
A humorous Hammers fan with a fondness for innuendo? Oily is Russell Brand.

Bloody hell Beansie are you pyschic or what mate?

I was just going to submit a post on that very topic. :eek:

I regularly frequent an underground West Ham forum on which I am moderator in chief in that I visit people at their homes and nail them to the sideboard for neglecting to use foul and abusive language or to speak about young women in the most vile and degrading fashion possible.

Anyway the members therein are absolutely convinced that despite my protestations to the contrary I am the very fuzzy haired celebrity of whom you speak.

I wouldn't mind his money and no error.
Some of his birds wouldn't go amiss either ;) (sleaze, letch, fumble)

Hazell B
11th December 2006, 22:13
I visit people at their homes and nail them to the sideboard for neglecting to use foul and abusive language or to speak about young women in the most vile and degrading fashion possible.

Good, I need not buy a sideboard after all. I never neglect my foul mouth or forget to treat women badly :p :

I like roast Ham, too.

Brown, Jon Brow
11th December 2006, 22:41
Seeing him mentioned by Beans, and because I've been meaning to ask for ages, are we sick of the silly haired jester yet?

He's everywhere; radio, TV, papers (I'm told) and you just know he'll be doing adverts soon.

Who? :s

There are too many underated comedians out there like Ross Noble.

'they say cheese give you nightmeres, that's stupid I'm not afraid of cheese!'
:laugh:

Hazell B
11th December 2006, 22:55
Mr Brown, that's brilliant!

Must admit, the comics that are the best always seem to get so little limelight when there's a Russell Brand or Peter Kay about.

Bill Bailey, for example.

jim mcglinchey
11th December 2006, 22:56
His best line must have been:

"I actually think Geldof's the best person to speak about famine, seeing as he's been dining out on I Don't Like Mondays for thirty years...".

Was that before or after Geldof called him a C word?

Brown, Jon Brow
11th December 2006, 22:57
Mr Brown, that's brilliant!

Don't thank me thank Ross Noble.

He describes his comedy as comic sence.

Eg, Like sticking meat to your face to ward off veegans!!

Drew
12th December 2006, 02:46
Was that before or after Geldof called him a C word?

That was in response :)

stevie_gerrard
13th December 2006, 14:11
I was sick of him when he first appeared and that opinion has not faltered. I am yet to hear anything funny come out of his mouth.

:up: Agreed!!!