PDA

View Full Version : Turbo was....

ChicagocrewIRL
19th July 2013, 15:45
Awesome !

I had really low expectations going into this movie but was pleasantly surprised by the story and the wit and humor of the screenplay and story. The Speedway and IndyCar looked incredible as portrayed in the movie and they even got Dario Franchitti's bushy eyebrows in the movie . The theatre was packed when I saw it during a matinee on a Thursday here in Chicago. Families of kids and parents all pretty well behaved but visibly awestruck by the scenes of our wonderful sport. GOOD JOB DREAMWORKS

Thank You Randy Bernard... We hardly knew you before you were heinously ushered out of IndYCar
EVERYONE GO SEE IT
����

heliocastroneves#3
21st July 2013, 00:09
Great to read, I will definitely watch it as soon as possible... It won't be earlier than October that it will be in the cinema's over here but I'm not gonna wait for that...

bugeyedgomer
21st July 2013, 04:40
DreamWorks Animations’ original Turbo (3,806 theaters) which opened Wednesday will have one of the company’s worst openings since company started

I guess people just don't know what Indy used to mean

bugeyedgomer
23rd July 2013, 18:47
Tony George's destructive actions reach out to Hollywood as well

Shares of DreamWorks Animation SKG Inc. fell 4.5 percent Monday after an analyst predicted a writedown of as much as $50 million on the new movie “Turbo,” citing a disappointing opening at the box office.

ChicagocrewIRL
24th July 2013, 05:32
Just saw Turbo again and again I would say the the theater was about 70% full and there was enthusiastic applause after the end. It's a shame it went up against pretty stiff competition (The Conjuring, Despicable Me 2). I think if people would actually go see it they will enjoy it ... HEY THAT'S JUST LIKE THE REAL INDYCAR SERIES

heliocastroneves#3
25th July 2013, 23:32
... HEY THAT'S JUST LIKE THE REAL INDYCAR SERIES
+1

pyro2212
26th July 2013, 07:58
+1
+100

anthonyvop
27th July 2013, 05:17
Turbo was.......

A mildly, entertaining, children's cartoon.

A movie that debuted at a disappointing 3rd in it's first weekend box office.

A movie that garnered a mediocre 64% rating from rotten tomatoes.

A movie that will have a miniscule if any effect on the popularity of IndyCar.

Civic
27th July 2013, 07:41
I thought the cars in the movie look better than the real DW12. Sorta like a combination of a GP2's nose, previous Dallara's airbox, and current DW12's sidepods and wheel guards.

Keyser Soze
27th July 2013, 18:19
I guess any kind of publicity about IndyCar and the Indy 500 to try and raise awareness is good.

bugeyedgomer
5th August 2013, 17:40
Turbo was.......

A mildly, entertaining, children's cartoon.

A movie that debuted at a disappointing 3rd in it's first weekend box office.

A movie that garnered a mediocre 64% rating from rotten tomatoes.

Just wait till they have all them snail bumbercars at each race

bugeyedgomer
10th August 2013, 06:25
Turbo was.......

Bill Zahren ‏@pressdog 2h Mid-Ohio
Ok. Seriously. 0.1??? Welcome to Mars Sports Network. Warned you about alcohol-affected tweets.

It could have been horrible without the Turbo bump

Jag_Warrior
11th August 2013, 02:23
Should that be a 0.1 or a 1.0 Nielsen for Mid-Ohio?

DBell
11th August 2013, 03:54
Should that be a 0.1 or a 1.0 Nielsen for Mid-Ohio?

NBCSports had Mid-Ohio, so I think we can deduce which is correct. If you add up all the ratings for the NBCSports races this year, does it equal 1.0? Might be close.

23rd August 2013, 18:38
Superb for the reading i do not watch the movie but your discussion is create craze in my mind to must watch the movie that's why if you send me the link of the downloading in the pm i shall be very thankful to you..