PDA

View Full Version : O/T BTCC Timetable

Chigley
9th April 2007, 23:40
For those who are going to the Rockingham BTCC weekend, here is a provisional timetable.

BTCC Timetable (http://www.btcc.net/pdf/ci_11.pdf)

Ian

71minus2
9th April 2007, 23:45
http://www.btcc.net/images/circuits/circuit_11_st.gif

What happened to using T4 or T1? That looks a really slow circuit.

Speedworx
9th April 2007, 23:46
They are using T1 banking. The map just doesn't show that.

71minus2
9th April 2007, 23:48
OK, thanks. Glad to hear it, that should make 43 Clios into Deene quite intersting then!

Speedworx
9th April 2007, 23:56
Anyone received their tickets yet?

Mine haven't arrived yet.

Rusty Spanner
10th April 2007, 10:09
Anybody have any idea what size crowd they are expecting? Trying to figure out what time I need to leave home to get there.

Mark
10th April 2007, 10:17
Would the crowd really be any bigger than the last BTCC event at Rockingham? I remember going to that and I just drove straight into the circuit, no queues at all.

Getting out was a different matter, of course.

acorn
10th April 2007, 11:59
Would the crowd really be any bigger than the last BTCC event at Rockingham? I remember going to that and I just drove straight into the circuit, no queues at all.

Getting out was a different matter, of course.

i anticipate it being bigger for 2 reasons:

1. the first event proved what a great circuit rockingham is for btcc and probably opened a few eyes for new spectators as to what they can expect from a modern facility.

2. the television coverage for the package as a whole on the day(no free motors tv only setanta subscription)this year isn't as good and the itv coverage for the btcc is also getting some stick.

the gates don't officially open until 09:00 but the car park may open earlier(i'm checking as i write this). if it does open earlier all the better (there are 2 entrances)as it will enable the parking bods to do a less pressured job and the punters more time to take some refreshments, look at the retail outlets, sample the toilets and seek out their preferred seat prior to the first race.

Tser
10th April 2007, 12:13
Gawd knows how effective it is but 100% of Rockingham's PR this year is aimed at the BTCC meeting.

Jamie Brown
10th April 2007, 12:25
rockingham dont want you to go then simon :)

acorn
10th April 2007, 19:23
the word from rockingham is the car parks are open from 07:00. you just can't buy tickets until 09:00.

acorn
10th April 2007, 19:42
What happened to using T4 or T1? That looks a really slow circuit.

on the btccs own website forum, Alan gow has acknowledged(in answer to my question) that the track map they have used is incorrect.

nwpsys
11th April 2007, 10:47
I thought the track layout looked a little curious. Don't they normally run at least one of the turns in full ? This one has a chicane at turn one and they rejoin the oval after turn four. Perhaps it is different rules for BTCC ? Happy to be enlightened :)

My preference is always for a chicane at turn one. Once the little floppy bollards get destroyed on the second lap, then it becomes a bouncy free-for-all over the grass, which has to be said, is most entertaining !

nwpsys

turn 4 mad
11th April 2007, 11:18
I thought the track layout looked a little curious. Don't they normally run at least one of the turns in full ? This one has a chicane at turn one and they rejoin the oval after turn four. Perhaps it is different rules for BTCC ? Happy to be enlightened :)

My preference is always for a chicane at turn one. Once the little floppy bollards get destroyed on the second lap, then it becomes a bouncy free-for-all over the grass, which has to be said, is most entertaining !

nwpsys

they no longer use the chicane at turn 1 due to safety concerns (formula3 being wimps and not knowing how to go through the chicane instead they go over it), the btcc cars will use turn 1 oval as they did a couple of weeks ago when testing.

Tiesse
11th April 2007, 22:39
Anyone received their tickets yet?

Mine haven't arrived yet.

Thank god for that! For a moment I was thinking I was the only one who hadn't received the tickets in the post! I ordered mine in January & still they are not here!

When I check my order, it says awaiting delivery of tickets.

Chigley
11th April 2007, 22:43
Once the little floppy bollards get destroyed on the second lap, then it becomes a bouncy free-for-all over the grass, which has to be said, is most entertaining !

Just one problem with the little free for all over the grass, they have to take to the kerbs to do it. Those kerbs don't take prisoners and break cars and as with Fiona Leggate launched her into a backward roll that could have been much, much worse than it was. We could have had a fatality. What price for a bouncy free for all over the grass.

Agreed as T4M states they should keep to the black stuff, and I believe they should be heavily penalised for not doing so, boys (and girls) with their toys will always try to gain advantage but at what cost.

The answer is too keep them on the black stuff and not break their cars, by doing away with T1 chicane they stand a better chance (until they come across T1 wall) snigger snigger :) but then they can't blame the cicuit layout its down to driver skill.

Speedworx
11th April 2007, 22:53
Thank god for that! For a moment I was thinking I was the only one who hadn't received the tickets in the post! I ordered mine in January & still they are not here!

When I check my order, it says awaiting delivery of tickets.

I checked the e mail they sent back and it does say tickets mey not arrived until 5-7 days before the event.

71minus2
11th April 2007, 23:30
on the btccs own website forum, Alan gow has acknowledged(in answer to my question) that the track map they have used is incorrect.

It looks like BTCC.net has updated its picture (and mine linked above). Thats gonna be quick, just over 800m flat out as a rough guess.

Regards

Richard.

jonv
11th April 2007, 23:44
Just one problem with the little free for all over the grass, they have to take to the kerbs to do it. Those kerbs don't take prisoners and break cars and as with Fiona Leggate launched her into a backward roll that could have been much, much worse than it was. We could have had a fatality. What price for a bouncy free for all over the grass.

You raise a very good point Chigley, however it was Katherine Legge who was doing the aerobatics in an F3 car not Fiona.

Abo
12th April 2007, 06:34
You raise a very good point Chigley, however it was Katherine Legge who was doing the aerobatics in an F3 car not Fiona.

I'll never forget that gearbox stand

Abo
12th April 2007, 06:38
My preference is always for a chicane at turn one

I preferred that configuration too, mainly because they used to take a right at the end of school straight, hard left hairpin and then onto the oval before turn 4; the last-lap high speed drag races to the line could be entertaining, and we don't get that now :(

Speedworx
12th April 2007, 09:09
This layout will be better!

Mass punchup in Deene :)

nwpsys
12th April 2007, 10:39
Had email today confirming ticket despatch :) Says to expect them in 2-3 days. nwpsys

Chigley
12th April 2007, 12:39
however it was Katherine Legge who was doing the aerobatics in an F3 car not Fiona.

Thanks, I stand corrected, the memory is failing ;)

Tiesse
12th April 2007, 20:11
Had email today confirming ticket despatch :) Says to expect them in 2-3 days. nwpsys

Me too! Just when I was starting to get worried, they are on their way!

(Mental note to self - They are not here yet, don't get too excited!)