PDA

View Full Version : Driver of the Race - Germany

steveaki13
7th July 2013, 14:56
Come on then who did well today.

markabilly
7th July 2013, 14:59
Kimi, by far over the rest. May have blown any chance of being a red bull driver next year--why would Vettel want to have to run against him.....

AndyL
7th July 2013, 15:01
Tough one! At least the top 9 all did good jobs today.
I think Webber deserves a nod for recovering from the back of the field.

vhatever
7th July 2013, 15:02
Kimi, by far over the rest. May have blown any chance of being a red bull driver next year--why would Vettel want to have to run against him.....

kimi? the guy who was like 12 seconds behind vettel before the safety car and was completely outperformed by his mediocre teammate? ROFLMAO

Whyzars
7th July 2013, 15:02
Vettel by a country mile. Brilliant start and a controlling race.

Webber gets a mention. He passed every car on the grid and some he passed twice. :)

markabilly
7th July 2013, 15:03
ROFLMAO

careful you will ruin the carpet, especially if you start peeing in your panties

Koz
7th July 2013, 15:03
kimi? the guy who was like 12 seconds behind vettel before the safety car and was completely outperformed by his mediocre teammate? ROFLMAO

Seriously dude?
Were you even watching the race?

Koz
7th July 2013, 15:05
Grosjean, Kimi, Vettel, Alonso

I think everyone drove a good race today.

vhatever
7th July 2013, 15:05
Seriously dude?
Were you even watching the race?

yep, grosjean was better the whole race. kimi wouldn't even made th podium without the safety car. obviously you didn't watch the race.

kfzmeister
7th July 2013, 15:15
yep, grosjean was better the whole race. kimi wouldn't even made th podium without the safety car. obviously you didn't watch the race.

I nominate troll of the race.

N4D13
7th July 2013, 15:20
Well, Vettel drove a (IMHO) largely unspectacular race but he was fast when he had to be, which was pretty much for the whole race, never put a foot wrong and in the end managed to win it. I'd also nominate Grosjean, Alonso and Webber.

vhatever
7th July 2013, 15:21
I nominate troll of the race.

So go ahead and tell me how great kimi was when the entire race he was outperformed by grosjean and kimi was benefited TWICE by team orders? if that was vettel people would be saying team orders need banned and he's the worst driver ever. What a joke. can the personal attacks and try to actual come up with a valid argument in the future.

Knock-on
7th July 2013, 15:23
:laugh: Agree Kfzmeister :D

I think I will give it to Seb today. There wasn't much between the RB and Lotus but he held his nerve well.

Both Lotus drivers were very good and Lewis drive well to salvage good points after a terrible stint on the second set and Nico stitching him up.

Some other good drives too

Koz
7th July 2013, 15:28

Without the safety car, Grosjean would probably have won the race. If his last pit stop was as quick as Vettel's, Vettel wouldn't have come out ahead either.
How many extra laps did he last? If case you weren't counting, 6.

Kimi responded to the leaders in the first stop. That is what decided everything.

Their lap times, OF ALL THREE, throughout the whole race were consistently identical.

Other than that how can you compare Kimi and Grosjean? They were in different circumstances, with different strategies.

Do you think if they pit Kimi instead of Grosjean the result would have been different? Would Grosjean have won?

Koz
7th July 2013, 15:33
So go ahead and tell me how great kimi was when the entire race he was outperformed by grosjean and kimi was benefited TWICE by team orders? if that was vettel people would be saying team orders need banned and he's the worst driver ever. What a joke. can the personal attacks and try to actual come up with a valid argument in the future.

So the fact that Kimi while catching Vettel (and Grosjean) at about half a second a lap, Grosjean should have wasted his time?
Kimi would have passed him, it would just have taken an extra lap perhaps.

A comparison with Webber is also pointless. A comparison with Lewis and Rosberg would be more appropriate.

vhatever
7th July 2013, 15:33
Without the safety car, Grosjean would probably have won the race. If his last pit stop was as quick as Vettel's, Vettel wouldn't have come out ahead either.
How many extra laps did he last? If case you weren't counting, 6.

Kimi responded to the leaders in the first stop. That is what decided everything.

Their lap times, OF ALL THREE, throughout the whole race were consistently identical.

Other than that how can you compare Kimi and Grosjean? They were in different circumstances, with different strategies.

Do you think if they pit Kimi instead of Grosjean the result would have been different? Would Grosjean have won?

you totally forgot about the clock striking 12 and kimi's lotus turning back into a pumpkin,

kimi was a joke today, completely outperformed by grosjean. no amount of fan boy fairy tales will change that.

Koz
7th July 2013, 15:36
you totally forgot about the clock striking 12 and kimi's lotus turning back into a pumpkin,

kimi was a joke today, completely outperformed by grosjean. no amount of fan boy fairy tales will change that.

VVhatever. Assclown.

steveaki13
7th July 2013, 15:40
Driver of the Race: Sebastian - He wasnt in the fastest race car today so to hold the Loti off all race was a great effort.

Other Mentions:
Kimi - Good drive for 2nd.
Romain - A great drive and could have won it really.
Fernando - Another solid comeback drive when the car is slow.
Lewis - Not a great race, but gets a mention for his determination. Defended as hard as he could all day.
Jenson- Solid drive on a different strategy to get 8 points
Hulkenberg- Gritty drive in 5th for a while. In the end another point.

Tazio
7th July 2013, 15:43
The top 4 all had very good races IMO, but I give a slight edge to Vettel.

A FONDO
7th July 2013, 15:53
Grojan was very good today. Others didn't impress me much.

kfzmeister
7th July 2013, 15:59
Grojan was very good today. Others didn't impress me much.

I thought he had such a shot at Vettel. Couldn't wait for the move, but it never came. WTF? Is he a little gun shy since
his crashes? That would have set him apart. Unfortunately he'll just always be Grosjean :-(

wedge
7th July 2013, 16:25
Seb & Grosjean

Seb - he worked his ass off for that win

Grosjean - terrific drive for a change. He deserves an accolade though a shame he doesn't have the consistency and increasing likelihood of a short F1 career.

Grosjean made the difference staying out long on the option tyres.

Kimi and Alonso were doing 1m 35s when they stayed out at the last pit window, Grosjean and Vettel were also in the 1m 35s after their last pit stops.

Kimi and Grosjean were near equal, though Grosjean was weaker in sector 1 but near flawless for the rest.

ioan
7th July 2013, 17:18
VVhatever. Assclown.

WTH is going on here?!
What's this kindergarten language?
Where the hell are the moderators on this F1 forum?!

joeyz_f1
7th July 2013, 17:24
WTH is going on here?!
It's true. He is an assclown.

ioan
7th July 2013, 17:28
It's true. He is an assclown.

None of you is any better if your only argument is name calling.

joeyz_f1
7th July 2013, 17:29
Vhatever uses name calling all the time. Yet when others do the same, it's horrible.

dj_bytedisaster
7th July 2013, 17:34
WTH is going on here?!

The mods are too busy reprimanding people, who complain about offensive posts. In the case of vhatever, I'm with Koz - he insults people in just about every post. He is constantly trying to flamebait people. Unfortunately he is still allowed to continue.

pino
7th July 2013, 17:39
WTH is going on here?!

The Moderator, fortunately still has a life and cannot/will not be 24/7 to play a babysitter, and since you don't post in this forum anymore why are you complaining ???

ioan
7th July 2013, 17:40
The Moderator, fortunately still has a life and cannot/will not be 24/7 to play a babysitter, and since you don't post in this forum anymore why are you complaining ???

So now I am the bad guy for pointing out the issue? You should say thanks that I woke you up, instead of insulting me. :rolleyes:
Now I understand why all the problems around here.

AndyL
7th July 2013, 17:53

Yes quite so.

Life is too short to try to put right every idiot on the internet. If it gets to the point that there seems to be nothing left but to resort to insults, then it's time to end your interaction with that person and use the ignore function.

pino
7th July 2013, 17:55
Please let's keep it on topic now thanks :)

Brown, Jon Brow
7th July 2013, 18:01
I give it to Vettel for soaking up the pressure today. But he was fortunate that Webber had his pit stop woes because I think he would have given Vettel a real race today.

Kimi had a great race, as did Grosjean who just seemed to fall away in the final stint. The Frenchman showed us today that he has the talent to become a GP winner.

henners88
7th July 2013, 19:16
Drivers of the race was Kimi and Seb in that order. Kimi was thrilling to watch in the closing stages IMO. More races like this please :)

airshifter
7th July 2013, 20:34
Hard for me to pick a driver of the race. Many, many good drives today, esentially all the points paying positions and then some.

But I'll nominate Lotus and Ferrari as teams of the race. Both for using differing strategies to make it a race at the front. I thought Lotus were brilliant in that they took the race to Red Bull at the end by making the best of the strategies of both drivers.

The Black Knight
7th July 2013, 23:22
Some good drives throughout and given that he had a KERS issue I'll give drive of the race to Seb, Grosjean and Webber for managing to storm back to 7th after amateur hour hit the RBR crew.

zako85
7th July 2013, 23:58
All in all, this was a good race. I enjoyed the fight between Vettel and Lotus cars in the second half. I think the race might have been different without the safety car. Right before safety car, I thought a good battle was brewing between Vettel and Grosjean. Granted, Grosjean still managed to catch up with Vettel later on. It's nice to see Grosjean on the podium again.

Koz
8th July 2013, 01:34
WTH is going on here?!

In over 25,000 thousand posts you've never? :p

Please let's keep it on topic now thanks :)

It seems someone can go on insulting almost everyone, in almost every thread an get away with it?
Where are the boundaries??

Robinho
8th July 2013, 06:19
hard to look past Vettel, he controlled the race effectively and fought off the chasers. Kimi was very impressive in his chase.

But I have to say Grosjean, who didn't put a foot wrong, was quick and consistent despite the pressure he's been under and the reaming he has been given for his (numerous) errors, he deserves some praise for what was a very mature and impressive drive

Rollo
8th July 2013, 07:13
There was one bit where Grosjean was getting close to the back of Vettel and would have made it into the DRS detection zone but missed out because he was 1.035 seconds behind... that's 0.035 of a second out.

At 300km/h it's a distance of 8.3cm. That's roughly the same length as a credit card.

AndyL
8th July 2013, 10:30
There was one bit where Grosjean was getting close to the back of Vettel and would have made it into the DRS detection zone but missed out because he was 1.035 seconds behind... that's 0.035 of a second out.

At 300km/h it's a distance of 8.3cm. That's roughly the same length as a credit card.

I don't think that's quite right Rollo. Even a tenth of a second is a car length or two, and we're talking about a third of a tenth there. I get 2.9m, still well under a car length. 0.001s would be 8.3cm.

Sorry for pulling you up on something as trivial as an arithmetic error :)

Kimi1111
8th July 2013, 20:37
A REAL Kimi hater are you?

Kimi1111
8th July 2013, 20:45

A real Kimi hater are you?

Warriwa
8th July 2013, 23:26
Vhatever is just pointing out some facts about the race. That doesn't mean he is a hater. Poor old Kimi will need even more luck next year to get within a sniff of Vettel at Red Bull. That doesn't mean I'm a hater.

Big Ben
9th July 2013, 07:38
That doesn't mean he is a hater. Poor old Kimi will need even more luck next year to get within a sniff of Vettel at Red Bull.

Forget about that. He'll need more luck to have 4 wheels on his car.

DexDexter
10th July 2013, 20:15
Vhatever is just pointing out some facts about the race. That doesn't mean he is a hater. Poor old Kimi will need even more luck next year to get within a sniff of Vettel at Red Bull. That doesn't mean I'm a hater.

You just don't want him at Red Bull, you know Ricciardo.... :)

SGWilko
10th July 2013, 22:03
Grojean is like Fisichella, great when he has a good day.

Fisi never suffered a good day on a Sunday, last Sunday, Grosjean did, but I fear that's it for the year.

steveaki13
10th July 2013, 22:56
Grojean is like Fisichella, great when he has a good day.

Fisi never suffered a good day on a Sunday, last Sunday, Grosjean did, but I fear that's it for the year.

I might be misunderstanding but are you saying Fisichella never raced well?

Dont let rjbetty hear you say that.

I liked Fisi and remember some enjoyable races.

The Black Knight
10th July 2013, 23:26
I might be misunderstanding but are you saying Fisichella never raced well?

Dont let rjbetty hear you say that.

I liked Fisi and remember some enjoyable races.

Fisi always annoyed me. I felt he was one of those drivers that had it all but rarely if ever delivered. Really frustrated me watching him throughout the years to be honest.

Warriwa
11th July 2013, 00:08
Actually I do want Kimi at Red Bull instead of Ricciardo. Firstly, when Seb demolished him it will help to improve peoples opinions of Webber's speed, and secondly, I will not be able to endure another era of an Aussie being smashed by Vettel again for whatever reasons!

vhatever
11th July 2013, 02:44
Actually I do want Kimi at Red Bull instead of Ricciardo. Firstly, when Seb demolished him it will help to improve peoples opinions of Webber's speed, and secondly, I will not be able to endure another era of an Aussie being smashed by Vettel again for whatever reasons!

I don't think it will. you assume this certain contingent of F1 fans, who are daft enough to think vettel is no more than the team's golden boy who can do no wrong at Red Bull and drives a super duper newymobile, can be swayed by appeals of logic. they can't; their opinions on vettel have never been based on logic. If Kimi deosnt do as well vettel, it will invariably be due to red bull sand bagging him, and on the minority of race/qualifying days Kimi does manage to outperform him, it will be evidence that this is the "real kimi", unhindered by aforementioned sand bagging. And so we should ignore the totality of race/qualify results in favor of a handful of selected results. And as usual the British media will find and exaggerate ever incident they can find that would feed into their psychosis.

vhatever
11th July 2013, 03:01

I don't think it will. you assume this certain contingent of F1 fans, who are daft enough to think vettel is no more than the team's golden boy who can do no wrong at Red Bull and lucked into a super duper newymobile, can be swayed by appeals of logic. they can't; their opinions on vettel have never been based on logic and their opinion of webber based on vettel. If Kimi doesn't do as well as vettel, it will invariably be due to red bull sand bagging him, and on the minority of race/qualifying days Kimi does manage to outperform him, it will be evidence that this is the "real kimi", unhindered by aforementioned sand bagging. And so we should ignore the totality of race/qualify results in favor of a handful of selected results. And as usual the British media will find and exaggerate ever incident they can find that would feed into their psychosis.

SGWilko
11th July 2013, 12:48
on the minority of race/qualifying days Kimi does manage to outperform him.

You have a crystal ball I see......

SGWilko
11th July 2013, 12:49
And as usual the British media will find and exaggerate ever incident they can find that would feed into their psychosis.

Who cares what the scum British press write, we stopped believing their tripe yonks ago.......

vhatever
11th July 2013, 13:01
You have a crystal ball I see......

Two massive ones in a burlap sack. They work wonders.

lolatmark
16th October 2013, 08:42
Kimi can suck my dich.

dj_bytedisaster
16th October 2013, 13:03
First post, necromances an ancient thread and posts profanity. Ding, ding, ding - we have a winner.

Tazio
16th October 2013, 16:31
Kimi can suck my dich.
Wow, you have very strong (negative) feelings about probably the most "liked" pilot (by fans) of the current field. Would you mind elaborating why you think Kimi should perform fellatio on you?

SGWilko
16th October 2013, 17:47
Kimi can suck my dich.
Wow, you have very strong (negative) feelings about probably the most "liked" pilot (by fans) of the current field. Would you mind elaborating why you think Kimi should perform fellatio on you?

I thought he had a drainage issue, and needed his di(t)ch pumping out. I suspect his local DynoRod has a chap called Kimi.........

Still wuld b nyce if the chap culd sepll

donKey jote
16th October 2013, 21:18
lol @ Mark
really? :andrea: :laugh: