PDA

View Full Version : Milwaukee IndyFest

heliocastroneves#3
14th June 2013, 12:55
http://digbza2f4g9qo.cloudfront.net/~/media/IndyCar/Schedules/2012/Race-Logos/Milwaukee-IndyFest-NS.png?mw=210&vs=1&d=20121002T162132

Race 9 of 19

Race - Milwaukee IndyFest

Location - Milwaukee Mile, West Allis, Wisconsin

Date - Saturday, June 15th

Time & TV Schedule - Green Flag - 4:40PM - NBC Sports Network

Course Type - 1.015 Mile Oval

Distance - 250 Laps

Practice Sessions -

Friday, June 14th - 11:00 AM
Friday, June 14th - 2:00 PM

Qualifications - Friday, June 14th -5:15 PM

Milwaukee Mile Track Facts

Length - 1.015 Miles
Banking - Turns -9.25 degrees, Straights -2.5 degrees

http://i233.photobucket.com/albums/ee236/DanicaRules/Milwaukee20Mile.jpg

2012 Milwaukee IndyFest Race Information

Race Winner - Ryan Hunter-Reay
Race Pole Sitter - Dario Franchitti -168.737 mph
Time Of Race - 1 Hour, 52 Minutes and 17,8 Seconds
Average Speed- 122.020 mph
Cautions - 5 for 51 laps
Margin Of Victory - 5.1029 seconds
Lead Changes - 5

Entrant list

#1 - Ryan Hunter-Reay - Andretti Autosport
#3 - Helio Castroneves - Penske Racing
#4 - Ryan Briscoe - Panther Racing
#5 - E.J. Viso - Andretti Autosport & HVM Racing
#6 - Sebastian Saavedra - Dragon Racing
#7 - Sebastien Bourdais - Dragon Racing
#9 - Scott Dixon - Target Chip Ganassi Racing
#10 - Dario Franchitti - Target Chip Ganassi Racing
#11 - Tony Kanaan - KV Racing Technology
#12 - Will Power - Penske Racing
#14 - Takuma Sato - A.J. Foyt Enterprises
#15 - Graham Rahal - Rahal Letterman Lanigan
#16 - James Jakes - Rahal Letterman Lanigan
#18 - Ana Beatriz - Dale Coyne Racing
#19 - Justin Wilson - Dale Coyne Racing
#20 - Ed Carpenter - Ed Carpenter Racing
#25 - Marco Andretti - Andretti Autosport
#27 - James Hinchcliffe - Andretti Autosport
#55 - Tristan Vautier (R) - Schmidt Peterson Motorsports
#67 - Josef Newgarden - Sarah Fisher Hartman Racing
#77 - Simon Pagenaud - Schmidt Peterson Motorsports
#78 - Simona de Silvestro - KV Racing Technology
#83 - Charlie Kimball - Chip Ganassi Racing
#98 - Alex Tagliani - Barracuda Racing

heliocastroneves#3
15th June 2013, 13:22
Congratulations to Marco Andretti on winning his second pole here at Milwaukee, exactly 5 years after he scored his first career pole. Again it's Ganassi which disappoints me, I can't wait for this race, should be an exciting one!

call_me_andrew
16th June 2013, 03:28
I thought it was a good race.

zako85
16th June 2013, 16:08
I liked the race. It was nice to see Will Buxton covering IndyCar. The interesting thing about the race track was that it's so short that the lead cars always run into traffic. The number of yellows was fair. I was surprised Sato did not end on the podium. I guess he was running on a different strategy from the leaders. Castroneves's defensive move on Power towards the end of race was quite aggressive. Power did sound somewhat humble and not pissed off on his team mate in the post-race interview.

Considering we're near mid-season, I wonder..

Can anything stop the Andretti train now?

What happened to Dario Franchitti? I mean, not this race, but overall this year.

What happened to Will Power? Milwaukee was his first podium of year.

Honda powered cars seem a bit behind the curve. Only Sato has been carrying the Honda flag so far this year.

call_me_andrew
16th June 2013, 21:42
All the Ganassi drivers have struggled. Don't forget that Conway and Pagenaud have both won with Honda.

FormerFF
17th June 2013, 04:31
I liked the race. It was nice to see Will Buxton covering IndyCar. The interesting thing about the race track was that it's so short that the lead cars always run into traffic. The number of yellows was fair. I was surprised Sato did not end on the podium. I guess he was running on a different strategy from the leaders. Castroneves's defensive move on Power towards the end of race was quite aggressive. Power did sound somewhat humble and not pissed off on his team mate in the post-race interview.

Considering we're near mid-season, I wonder..

Can anything stop the Andretti train now?

What happened to Dario Franchitti? I mean, not this race, but overall this year.

What happened to Will Power? Milwaukee was his first podium of year.

Honda powered cars seem a bit behind the curve. Only Sato has been carrying the Honda flag so far this year.

On the Andretti train question, gotta remember that a Penske driver is still leading the championship. On Dario, I have to wonder if he's going to start losing motivation at some point. He's won Indy, he's won championships, and he's recently been divorced and has turned 40. I wonder if he's getting to the stage of his life where he's not as interested in putting it all on the line for the sake of a race win as he used to be. I was just about 40 when I quit club racing, I had just lost the motivation to get in the car and pedal that hard. I wouldn't be surprised if the same doesn't happen to him, if not now then in the near future.

I really have no idea on why Will Power isn't up there ahead of Helio. I know Helio is super focused on winning a championship, but have no reason why Will wouldn't be equally motivated.

Considering we're approaching the halfway point of the season, it looks like a two driver chase to the championship. Marco and Takuma aren't likely to put in the consistent high finishes that will be needed to win, Scott Dixon hasn't shown enough speed, and everyone else likely is just too far back.

numanoid
20th June 2013, 01:30
On the Andretti train question, gotta remember that a Penske driver is still leading the championship. On Dario, I have to wonder if he's going to start losing motivation at some point. He's won Indy, he's won championships, and he's recently been divorced and has turned 40. I wonder if he's getting to the stage of his life where he's not as interested in putting it all on the line for the sake of a race win as he used to be. I was just about 40 when I quit club racing, I had just lost the motivation to get in the car and pedal that hard. I wouldn't be surprised if the same doesn't happen to him, if not now then in the near future.

I really have no idea on why Will Power isn't up there ahead of Helio. I know Helio is super focused on winning a championship, but have no reason why Will wouldn't be equally motivated.

Considering we're approaching the halfway point of the season, it looks like a two driver chase to the championship. Marco and Takuma aren't likely to put in the consistent high finishes that will be needed to win, Scott Dixon hasn't shown enough speed, and everyone else likely is just too far back.

Power has just had some horrible luck. JR took him out in one race under yellow. Another time his car broke when he apparently was very fast. It's nice to see him doing well on ovals. Last year he did horrible (again, bad luck for the most part) and it absolutely cost him the championship.

Did anyone check out the stands at the race? Not full by any extent, but it was definitely not a bad turnout. I had to sell my tickets this year because I have a 4 month old and did not want to drive 6 hours with him in the car, lol.

Next year though, I'm gonna be there.