PDA

View Full Version : First time to F1 Silverstone

Kay_5678
4th June 2013, 13:56
Hi Can anyone give me an idea on what to expect at Silverstone for the F1. I don't know loads about F1 but my husband is a huge fan! I have got him Sunday F1 tickets for his birthday (general admission). He doesn't know about them yet so I can't ask him. Can anyone tell me the best time to arrive as I have park and ride tickets.....but I don't want to spend hours waiting to get to parked. Can I take our own food and drink? Any advice would be great! Thank You!

steveaki13
4th June 2013, 19:11
Hi Kay

I have been twice for race day and the first thing to say is be prepared for the masses. It will be busy both at park and ride and the circuit.

The earlier you can make it to the park and ride the better.

When I went in 2007 and 2008 the park and ride was easy enough to use. I would look to get to the Park & Ride as early as possible, I dont want to say exactly because I dont know your park and ride or currant road issues, but I got there at 5am for circuit entry about 6:30

Even then it was busy and people were all round the circuit.

Last time I went for Friday in 2011, food was allowed no worries, but they do sometimes do search bags.

Take Hats, Umbrella's (Britis Weather), ear plugs if your worried by loud noises.

Hope some of this helps

Kay_5678
4th June 2013, 19:19
Thanks for the advice. I did think I would have to get there early, but wasn't sure. Plus I wanted to make the most of the day.

I didn't think about earplugs so I will defiantly get some. :)

steveaki13
4th June 2013, 22:35
No worries.