PDA

View Full Version : A 2nd V8 Supercar race in North America?

R.Lee
27th May 2013, 22:22
Here is an article from the V8 Supercar website. They want another race, either before or after the Austin 400, in North America. By all accounts, this race was a success and now they seem to be looking to expand their presence here. Question is, will this 2nd race be in the U.S. or in Canada? I wish they would run a race at Road Atlanta, since I live only 8 or so miles from that track, but I doubt, from reading the article, that the rural South posseses the demographics and/or is the geographic region of the country that they are looking at. More likely, they will be aiming for California or New York, if indeed, a second race is run in the United States. Here is the link. 2nd North American Race (http://www.v8supercars.com.au/news/2nd-north-american-race)

zako85
29th May 2013, 09:02
A race at Laguna Seca would be nice.

TheFamousEccles
29th May 2013, 10:36
Ideal touring car track, Laguna. It would be very cool.

Rollo
29th May 2013, 13:19
Ideal touring car track, Laguna. It would be very cool.

The corkscrew would be too tough wussy on V8Supercars... actually any one of Laguna Seca, Road America or Watkins Glen would probably all suit them.

veeten
29th May 2013, 14:34
West coast: Laguna Seca or Infineon(Sears Point)... East coast: Watkins Glen or Circuit Gilles Villeneuve(Canada). Central: CotA + Road America or Mosport Park.