PDA

View Full Version : Have not been here in a while

willracefan
27th May 2013, 06:09
Idk just haven't been following racing discussion like I used to. I would usually go to my driver's forum and get tabs here or there but there's just so much going on with me. I see some of the familiar faces are still around so that's good to see. I do have to ask though because I immediately thought of him when coming here tonight. Has Stan been back on here any?

R.Lee
27th May 2013, 14:07
Idk just haven't been following racing discussion like I used to. I would usually go to my driver's forum and get tabs here or there but there's just so much going on with me. I see some of the familiar faces are still around so that's good to see. I do have to ask though because I immediately thought of him when coming here tonight. Has Stan been back on here any?

Hello willracefan. I'm new to this forum. I don't know you or stan. I just thought I'd say "Howdy". Have a great day.

Mark
27th May 2013, 17:05
RaceFanStan just disappeared in March 2010. We've no idea what happened to him but fear the worst :(

slorydn1
28th May 2013, 18:53
Welcome home Will :up:

Yeah Mark is right. Stan has disappeared completely from the internet as far as I have been able to tell. None of the people that he had regular "non-forum" correspondence with him have heard a peep from him in over 3 years-and as active as he was all over the 'net I find it hard to believe that anything other than the worst could be the cause :(

I only know that he had been pretty sick around the holidays in 2009, then had a major computer failure upon getting out of the hospital. But he was getting that sorted out. We PM'd back and forth on 10 February 2010, and I sent him a PM on 19 February 2010 that he never responded to. After I became a mod I went digging into his history and the last time his account was logged in was 4 March 2010. That could have been a family member going through his computer favorites or something. Stan isn't the type to just disappear into thin air-if he was done with us for whatever reason he would have told us-of that I have NO doubt.

I miss him.

willracefan
29th May 2013, 04:07
Wow. Thats sad. I saw a thread of his scrolling down Sunday and thought he had to be back and then saw it was from 07. I'm not sure why that was bumped though after six years.

tstran17_88
31st May 2013, 03:20
I believe Stan passed in March of 2010?

I knew Stan a few years before he joined this forum and he had mailed me a VHS copy of Matt Kenseth's first Cup win. So I knew his real name and where he lived as he knew mine, but he asked me not to tell others because he liked to keep his privacy. I did a google search and found an obituary. I knew what Stan did for a living before he retired and the job was the same as well as the name and town.

I apologize for not checking into this sooner.

Robinho
31st May 2013, 10:18
Very sad, from what I remember of him on here he was a good guy

Sent from North Korea using the dark network

slorydn1
1st June 2013, 16:51
Sad, very sad indeed.

To Stan :beer:

Mark
1st June 2013, 20:33
RaceFanStan. A great forum member and a great moderator. He has and will be missed.

Jag_Warrior
16th June 2013, 20:45
I believe Stan passed in March of 2010?

I knew Stan a few years before he joined this forum and he had mailed me a VHS copy of Matt Kenseth's first Cup win. So I knew his real name and where he lived as he knew mine, but he asked me not to tell others because he liked to keep his privacy. I did a google search and found an obituary. I knew what Stan did for a living before he retired and the job was the same as well as the name and town.

I apologize for not checking into this sooner.

I didn't see this post until now. That's very sad to hear. As others have said, R.I.P. Stan.

26th June 2013, 23:19
who is stan!

flatheader
4th August 2013, 03:17
Same here. Howdy.