PDA

View Full Version : Alonso of the race

donKey jote
12th May 2013, 14:43
Rosberg for saving P6 :D

steveaki13
12th May 2013, 14:53
Driver of the Race: Alonso- An incredibly calm win despite all the chaos. He stayed calm and won a weird race.

Other mentions:
Raikkonen - 3 stops must have been hard but a decent effort.
Massa - Good job fro Felipe.
Ricciardo - Only finished 10th but still a good effort throughout today.
Pic - won the backmarker race and chased a Williams all day

dj_bytedisaster
12th May 2013, 15:05
Alonso and Massa.

Honourary mention to Niki Lauda for his Pirelli rant - **** Pirelli

CaptainRaiden
12th May 2013, 15:06
Alonso
Kimi
Massa

So easy.

henners88
12th May 2013, 15:11
Alonso, kimi and Massa in that order. Brilliant drive by Fernando fully deserved. :)

Ranger
12th May 2013, 15:12
Ricciardo and Gutierrez did pretty well too.

donKey jote
12th May 2013, 15:14
Alonso, Kimi, Massa, Rosberg and stoopid Pirelli, in that order :andrea:

steveaki13
12th May 2013, 16:56
Alonso, Kimi, Massa, Rosberg and stoopid Pirelli, in that order :andrea:

I already posted mine on Donkey's thread.

Knock-on
12th May 2013, 17:13
There were some commendable drives out there today. Alonso did a great job but the Ferrari was pretty unbearable. Massa recovered well and Kimi was excellent.

I think Button bringing home good points was an outstanding effort and PdR made some great inroads but think he could have been a bit more aggressive in the last few laps.

For a change, I'll give it to Ricky for his efforts.

faster69
13th May 2013, 00:55
no-one really distinguished themselves. Can't really give it to Alonso since he had an enormous car advantage. Rosberg was good in an appalling car.

dj_bytedisaster
13th May 2013, 01:26
I think Button bringing home good points was an outstanding effort and PdR made some great inroads but think he could have been a bit more aggressive in the last few laps.

If PdR had been more agressive, he'd have cooked his tires. Pirelli's substandard products don't allow racing.

Roamy
13th May 2013, 04:07
If you have a great car you still have to drive it - Alonso Rawks !!!

faster69
13th May 2013, 04:26
If you have a great car you still have to drive it - Alonso Rawks !!!

he's had the same car advantage that vettel did in 2011, but has bottled it in qualifying over and over and made mistakes in the races.

he did drive a solid race today, but it was an easy win.

webberf1
13th May 2013, 06:00
he's had the same car advantage that vettel did in 2011, but has bottled it in qualifying over and over and made mistakes in the races.

Lol, look whos bitter. Didn't see that one coming.

steveaki13
13th May 2013, 07:27
Its the anti Garry. Oh well at least it balances things out

zako85
13th May 2013, 08:29
The top three did very well. Vettel is probably crying into his pillow right now.

henners88
13th May 2013, 08:31

I don't think I have seen Alonso 'bottle' it for a very long time. Perhaps wrong choice of words.

The Black Knight
13th May 2013, 10:19
I was quite impressed with Rosberg this race. He outshone Hamilton though I think Hamilton never found the set up he really wanted in the car. I give Rosberg drive of the race along with Alonso who once again showed his class. I'd give anything for Alonso to be world champion this year. He deserves it the most of all drivers on the current grid.

odykas
13th May 2013, 11:38
Hamilton, for that killer team radio :D

henners88
13th May 2013, 11:47
Hamilton, for that killer team radio :D

LH: 'I've just been overtaken by a Williams....................................I can't drive any slower'

:p

ShiftingGears
13th May 2013, 14:54
I thought Rosberg did well to recover 6th, I didn't think he'd finish above 9th at some point. Raikkonen did well again - 3rd second place finish in a row. I thought Alonso and Massa being on the podium indicated that Ferrari was the best car in the conditions, but that said, Alonso's start was fantastic.