PDA

View Full Version : Todt and Flav sure do misss their favorites

akv89
7th April 2007, 15:54
Renault and Ferrari appear to be battling to come to terms with the loss of Fernando Alonso and Michael Schumacher respectively. Or at least their team bosses are.

During Friday's press conference at Sepang, Renault boss Flavio Briatore was asked how the team was coping with the loss of Alonso, who joined McLaren at the end of last season.

He said: "You turn the page and you try to do the best you can, and at this moment everybody is motivated to give the best to Fernando and Heikki - I mean Giancarlo."

"I'm sorry, I'm sorry."

Opps.

Flav, though, wasn't the only one putting his foot in it. Ferrari team boss Jean Todt soon followed suit when asked about the state of Kimi Raikkonen's engine.

"You know the whole rumour started from speculation. It is true to say that at the end of the Australian Grand Prix, on the last laps, Michael... Kimi had a problem with the pipe and he lost some water, very little water, so we did more checks than if it did not happen," he said.

Opps.

But at least Briatore definitely appreciated Todt's faux pas. "You see, I am not the only one!" the Italian joked.

http://www.planetf1.com/story/0,18954,3213_2043304,00.html
:p :

Ian McC
7th April 2007, 16:44
Judging by performances on the track one team is coming to terms with things better than the other.

zoostation
7th April 2007, 18:39
Judging by performances on the track one team is coming to terms with things better than the other.

so true :)

Tazio
8th April 2007, 04:40
Renault and Ferrari appear to be battling to come to terms with the loss of Fernando Alonso and Michael Schumacher respectively. Or at least their team bosses are.

During Friday's press conference at Sepang, Renault boss Flavio Briatore was asked how the team was coping with the loss of Alonso, who joined McLaren at the end of last season.

He said: "You turn the page and you try to do the best you can, and at this moment everybody is motivated to give the best to Fernando and Heikki - I mean Giancarlo."

"I'm sorry, I'm sorry."

Opps.

Flav, though, wasn't the only one putting his foot in it. Ferrari team boss Jean Todt soon followed suit when asked about the state of Kimi Raikkonen's engine.

"You know the whole rumour started from speculation. It is true to say that at the end of the Australian Grand Prix, on the last laps, Michael... Kimi had a problem with the pipe and he lost some water, very little water, so we did more checks than if it did not happen," he said.

Opps.

But at least Briatore definitely appreciated Todt's faux pas. "You see, I am not the only one!" the Italian joked.

Nice Bloopers, but: Todt was making a reference to one engine's condition!
Flav was referring to one team’s condition!

PSfan
8th April 2007, 05:14

"I'm sorry, I'm sorry."

Oh I think Briatore let the cat out of the bag. I guess Renault designed a dud this year intentionally so that Alsono would be that much closer to winning another championship :p :

hmmmm, if Alonso could get the kind of sponsorship deals MS managed (and winning a championship at McLeran right off the bat would help) I bet Briatore would be getting a whole lot of money as well... maybe there is more to this then me just trying to be funny...