PDA

View Full Version : BTCC Thruxton : rounds 7-9

Humber
1st May 2013, 21:02
Thruxton rounds of the BTCC this weekend.

Eurotech
4th May 2013, 12:13
Are we gonna see Michael Caine and Andy Neate this weekend?

tintin
6th May 2013, 13:30
Are we gonna see Michael Caine and Andy Neate this weekend?

No. Andy Neate isn't due until Oulton Park, and Michael Caine is racing British GT at Rockingham.

MAX_THRUST
6th May 2013, 14:20
Not sure what Sheddon was monaing about Plato, he pulled across Plato, Plato couldn't just disapear??? Racing incident, that I lay most of the blame on Gordon. He should have just taken the tigher line in rather than sweep across Plato's front end. If it was the other way around I would be calling Plato an idiot for pulling the move so I promise i am impartial on this one. Gutted for Jordan getting the puncture. TOC did a great job all weekend with a heavy car.

MAX_THRUST
6th May 2013, 14:21
As for ANdy Neate, I am not missing him. He would only be out there causing accidents...and costing people money they coould do without spending. Hope he doesn't come back.

BDunnell
6th May 2013, 18:08
Not sure what Sheddon was monaing about Plato, he pulled across Plato, Plato couldn't just disapear??? Racing incident, that I lay most of the blame on Gordon. He should have just taken the tigher line in rather than sweep across Plato's front end. If it was the other way around I would be calling Plato an idiot for pulling the move so I promise i am impartial on this one. Gutted for Jordan getting the puncture. TOC did a great job all weekend with a heavy car.

Yes, in no way was that worth Shedden's complaining. Racing incident for sure. No-one's fault, and certainly not deliberate or even careless on Plato's part.

That aside, Onslow-Cole was very good throughout qualifying and the races; in fact, I'm most impressed by the efforts of Team HARD in general. A shame Adam Morgan made that mistake on cold tyres while leading race three, but otherwise he too put in excellent performances. The Motorbase Fords looked a bit quicker here; a shame the same can't be said for the BMWs, or especially the Audis.

Tixy54
8th May 2013, 14:20

Don't forget, the throttle goes both ways, Mr Plato could have lifted off.

Just a thought, quoted from my motorcycle trainer many years ago.

MrJan
11th May 2013, 21:47
Don't forget, the throttle goes both ways, Mr Plato could have lifted off.

A good quote, but not at all attributable in this instance. Plato was alongside Shedden in a reasonable position and Shedden cut across infront of him, few racers would expect a rival to cut their nose off when the cars are side by side. Interesting that in race 2 Shedden was trying to pass Tordoff through the complex and got in pretty much exactly the same position and Tordoff gave plenty of space. However the main issue I had from it was not out of the accident (I think that all but the most ardant of Honda fans will call that a racing incident), but the fact that Shedden had a good old whinge and said words to the effect of "it's clear from the onboard that Jason drove into me".

MrJan
11th May 2013, 21:47
Double post

JasonPotato
12th May 2013, 17:56
What he actually said was "he took me out and should receive a penalty". - along those lines.

I have lost respect for Shedden, admittedly i was never a huge fan but clearly the Honda is quicker car yet he still has to moan and blame someone else when he is at fault. I think winning his first title has gone to his head.

Allyc85
13th May 2013, 21:00
Just watched race 1 and really cant see what Shedden was moaning about. It was just a racing incident where 2 cars on different racing lines were unfortunate to meet and send him into the wall. Its no wonder the stewards did nothing about it!

BDunnell
13th May 2013, 21:15
Just watched race 1 and really cant see what Shedden was moaning about. It was just a racing incident where 2 cars on different racing lines were unfortunate to meet and send him into the wall. Its no wonder the stewards did nothing about it!

Exactly. In fact, the racing has generally been very clean indeed so far this year.

Tixy54
14th May 2013, 12:41
"yet he still has to moan and blame someone else when he is at fault."

Sounds a bit like someone else driving a Chevrolet Cruse a couple of years ago with regard to turbocharged entrants.

What goes around comes around, suck it up and get on with it.