PDA

View Full Version : New television coverage for ARC

Livewireshock
7th April 2007, 07:37
The first edition of the new coverage has appeared on Channel Ten today. Just curious as to what the opinion of all & sundry was.

First impression is obviously the copycat format from the WRC coverage. Even down to the theme music & title styling. The wording & narration is straight out of the same handbook too.

In essence, there is no endless face to camera comments & thus more rally action on screen. The biggest downfall I saw was the fact that not even the top 5 cars received coverage. Kaitler came home 5th for the weekend and I can not recall seeing one shot of his car at all.

One redeeming call was the teams logos being included in the result screen shots. Just a minor thing but it counts, although I am not sure I need to see a lingering shot of a rock or railway line while the results are shown. Plus I know Ford & Toyota are bankrolling the shrinking tv budget but surely all drivers that make the top 10 deserve a passing two second shot at least.

All up an improvement but far from perfect. Not bad since the TV crews have shrunk from 7 to 3 on the ground to obtain footage.

GlenW
7th April 2007, 23:51
First impression is obviously the copycat format from the WRC coverage. Even down to the theme music & title styling. The wording & narration is straight out of the same handbook too.

The new ARC telecast team is from the same production house that does the WRC coverage, hence the same formula.

GigiGalliNo1
8th April 2007, 10:38
ohhhhh......well i started watching later that night when it was aired in perth, and finnished if off today and it did catch my attention but then i lost interest i don't know why, thought it was a wrc rip off with a slightly boring series but then again the fiesta and corolla s2000's sound like beasts so i'll be at the next rally for media :D

Livewireshock
8th April 2007, 14:04
ohhhhh......well i started watching later that night when it was aired in perth, and finnished if off today and it did catch my attention but then i lost interest i don't know why, thought it was a wrc rip off with a slightly boring series but then again the fiesta and corolla s2000's sound like beasts so i'll be at the next rally for media :D

The budget for the production is a tiny fraction of Ten's coverage last year. You will not regret hearing the noise for S2000 cars. The Fords are off the scale & will be heard for an entire stage length almost. That is until the do-gooders try & quieten it up.