PDA

View Full Version : Silverstone GP 2013 Park and Ride Info

topper33
26th April 2013, 14:17
Hi everyone,
Firstly I’d just like to say hello as I am a newbie on here. I’m going to my first GP at Silverstone this year with my Brother(I can’t wait!!) and have been getting loads of useful tips and info of here as to what to expect and what to do etc. The question I have is about the park and ride. We have booked weekend general admission tickets and will be using the park and ride from Sixfields Stadium. Does anybody know if the buses take you straight into the venue (as we would already have had to show our passes to get onto the bus), or do they just drop you off at the main entrance and we will have to queue up to get in there. I’m thinking more of the Sunday really, do I need to be on that first bus leaving at 5.30am for any chance of getting a good spot, so we would have to be looking at getting to the park and ride at about 5am to join the queue for the first bus? Also are there any tips or advice for me from anybody that have used the park and ride before. :)

steveaki13
27th April 2013, 20:47
Hi

I have been to the British GP a couple of times and from Sixfields too.

I am going again this year, but only for Fridays Practice.

this is what happened to me on race day in 2007 & 2008 so it may have changed? I dont know.

As for the buses they come one after the other outside the stadium and wait til the bus is full then takes to the area outside the gates. You then join que and go in. There were quite alot of gates so you shouldn't have to wait a long time.

I would get to park and ride as early as possible really as it only gets more and more busy the later it gets.

There are always alot of people already there, i.e Camping and special parking. So it will be quite busy but you should be able to make your way to your desired view point if you get there as early as you can.

As for the weekend. I would give some advice for what to do when.

Friday. Take photos or whatever on Friday so you dont miss action of Saturday and Sunday when it becomes more important. Also move around all day on Friday as it is comparatively quiet, so you can move and try different views and see different things.

Saturday and Sunday is busy so you may need to stick to one spot. Plus you normally get a Roving Grand Stand Seat for Fridays.

Hope some of this helps. Feel free to ask anything else.

26th June 2013, 23:05
I am also going this year hopefully! Where did you get your tickets?
any advice for the triP!?

26th June 2013, 23:22
I found some here on this website what o you think!?
Formula 1 Tickets Austin (http://www.mainseats.com/Formula-One#.UcthS82AZs8)