PDA

View Full Version : iRacing

CaptainRaiden
23rd April 2013, 00:03
I'm thinking of getting into iRacing in my free time. Having watched tons of videos, the idea of serious racers, clean racing, and always finding a race interests me.

Has anybody tried iRacing or is currently a member? How has the experience been? Any bad or good experiences?

teamleader
25th April 2013, 22:06
ive played it for some time and its a superb game for serious racing
But watch out when u go race in the rookie license races, its hard to not get hit by retards haha.
My advice to u, drive save in the rookie and D license races to get higher rating, because u need that to advance to higher license.

CaptainRaiden
25th April 2013, 23:44
ive played it for some time and its a superb game for serious racing
But watch out when u go race in the rookie license races, its hard to not get hit by retards haha.
My advice to u, drive save in the rookie and D license races to get higher rating, because u need that to advance to higher license.

I see. Thanks for the advice.

I've read in places that as you go further, and if you want to enjoy a larger variety of cars and tracks, you've got to cough up a lot more dollars, with some people even spending up to a $1000 per year?? :eek:

teamleader
26th April 2013, 08:49
I see. Thanks for the advice.

I've read in places that as you go further, and if you want to enjoy a larger variety of cars and tracks, you've got to cough up a lot more dollars, with some people even spending up to a $1000 per year?? :eek:

Uh maby in total if u buy them all tracks and cars and ****, but when u start the game u get some tracks and cars free just so u can get started racing in rookie license races etc.
But when u advanced to higher license u CAN buy other cars and tracks to race on.. But some cars u can only race with if u have the right license so

15th May 2013, 23:53
i love it

TRN_Hill
23rd June 2013, 02:51
iRacing is insanely fun and addicting too!

Darrelclouse
23rd June 2013, 04:30
Yes, probably true. I have been an addict for that for long years.

Brown, Jon Brow
9th January 2016, 13:26
Who else on here uses Iracing?

I've been racing for a year and had some incredible races, and some incredibly frustrating moments (crashing out at Bathurst in a Skip Barber on the last lap when leading by 30sec).

Thinking about taking it to the next level and getting some new pedals as I think the standard logitech pedals don't give any braking feel.

Brown, Jon Brow
26th March 2017, 13:11
Has anyone been racing the 911 GT3 Cup car?

It's the most fun car on Iracing so far.

Highspeedlover
18th April 2017, 14:12
Hey, is this game worth trying if you don't have a steering wheel? I play racing games using keyboard + mouse exclusively. Will I be able to stay competetive?

Brown, Jon Brow
1st May 2017, 14:49
Hey, is this game worth trying if you don't have a steering wheel? I play racing games using keyboard + mouse exclusively. Will I be able to stay competetive?

No.
Iracing is a simulation so you need to be able to modulate the throttle and brakes as you would in real life. You might get away with a gamepad but ideally you need a steering wheel and pedals.

AndySpiz123
10th February 2018, 13:03
Absolutely love it (https://barnbidrag.info/)