PDA

View Full Version : Camel of Bahrain

A FONDO
21st April 2013, 14:43
Clearly Button for me.

Garry Walker
21st April 2013, 14:45
Webber.
He has a car that is so much faster than anyone else's, sure, he is a slave in that team and treated as nr.2, but that was one of the worst performances ever. He should be fired after a joke like this.

In addition, every team besides RB - About time you guys make a car that is less than 1 second slower than what RB has.

ShiftingGears
21st April 2013, 14:46
Webber, after about 20 laps in or so he was losing time everywhere. Also David Croft for his excessively verbose similes while commentating.

N4D13
I don't know, we had so many camels today. Many drivers and teams screwed up today. You've got Button and Pérez for overly aggressive overtaking/defending, Ferrari for the DRS drama, perhaps Alonso if he was warned by the team not to use DRS, maybe Pirelli if all the punctures were due to an inappropriate construction... so hard to choose!

dj_bytedisaster
Ferrari.

Honourary mention: Mark Webber for being completely useless on a day his team mate completely dominated the race.

Pirelli: Just because. They'll be my donkey on principle until they're gone.

Ranger
21st April 2013, 14:48
Gutierrez for successfully managing to crash out of last place.

I would hope Webber had a KERS failure or something because that race pace was pretty bad.

Pirelli: Just because. They'll be my donkey on principle until they're gone.

Apparently they signed a new 5-year deal this weekend, so you'll be waiting a while.

Koz
21st April 2013, 14:50
The very good Mark Webber doing magic in a god awful Red Bull.

AndyL
21st April 2013, 14:53
You've got Button and Pérez for overly aggressive overtaking/defending

Donkeys for racing too hard? We should have more donkeys like that.

wedge
21st April 2013, 14:54
Button/McLaren for ruining Chico's race. As spectacular as the dogfight was here was a prime example why we have team orders in motorsport. Had McLaren told Button to let Chico by - who was clearly the faster car - a top 5 was do-able.

Alonso's DRS mechanism.

Webber.
He has a car that is so much faster than anyone else's, sure, he is a slave in that team and treated as nr.2, but that was one of the worst performances ever. He should be fired after a joke like this.

In addition, every team besides RB - About time you guys make a car that is less than 1 second slower than what RB has.

He had some crap races last year too - Spa springs to mind.

webberf1
21st April 2013, 14:57
Me, for getting drunk, falling asleep, and missing the first 15 laps.

donKey jote
21st April 2013, 14:59
Checo did good :up:

Button gets my camel for whining, and Webber for being so slow in a winner car .

Knock-on
21st April 2013, 14:59
Pheww. Time to take stock.

Jens was strange. OK, Checo nerfed him up the arse and was more like a hitman than a driver but still?

Webber. That car is awesome and as Gary says, a second quicker in race trim. Where the F was he?

OK, Sergio gets a nod as well. Sticking your elbows out is good but we cant afford to compromise our race strategy like that. Save it for the bad guys :D

AndyL
21st April 2013, 15:02
Button/McLaren for ruining Chico's race. As spectacular as the dogfight was here was a prime example why we have team orders in motorsport. Had McLaren told Button to let Chico by - who was clearly the faster car - a top 5 was do-able.

If they had given team orders either way they would have caught Webber in the middle of the race. When they had a lap without fighting they were closing down on Webber, but every time they started scrapping they were dropping seconds.

No doubt if they had given team orders in either direction they would be voted donkey of the race for that by some people as well. Personally I'm happy they let them race.

gm99
21st April 2013, 15:02
Ferrari (although Alonso did well to score some points in spite of all his problems) and Webber.

Button didn't impress much, either.

N4D13
21st April 2013, 15:07
Donkeys for racing too hard? We should have more donkeys like that.
I don't know - Jenson pushing Checo out of the track and Sergio doing the same with Alonso were a bit over the line IMHO. I was surprised that the stewards didn't even bother to investigate that. You are supposed to leave a car's width, aren't you?

truefan72
21st April 2013, 15:07

Alonso's DRS mechanism.

He had some crap races last year too - Spa springs to mind.

agreed

for me
button - for the above stated reasons and more. The team should have told button to elt Perez go. He would have finished p5 ahed of Hamilton
Ferrarri for DRS problems ( although alonso is in the DotR category) and whatever issues they had in setup or tires with Massa
speaking off...Massa for ruining Sutil's race by running wide and making unnecessary contact with the force India
Guiterrez, yet again. Time to call Kobayashi, it's just not working out.
Webber for for being webber, that chop block on perez is worthy of a penalty, then a miserable final stint and being reeled in by both Hamilton and Perez in a far superior car.

That's it

Tazio
21st April 2013, 15:09
Webber, that car is too good to have a race like that!

faster69
21st April 2013, 17:05
Webber.

nah, very close at the front of the field. the difference is vettel. ferrari had the best race pace today. isn't much between the top 3 teams anyway.

tfp
21st April 2013, 18:28
Camel is Rosberg for me. Qualifying so high up and finishing so far down. Also like Garry says, every team there except rbr, for making a car a second a lap slower than vettel s!

Whyzars
21st April 2013, 18:55
Whoever prepped the Mercedes. Rosberg was given a camel to drive - exactly how much fuel did they put in that thing!!!

keysersoze
21st April 2013, 19:03
I'm surprised there hasn't been a complaint of racism for the thread title. Oh well, they will have to get over "the hump." Get it? The hump? But I digress . . .

Esteban doesn't seem to be aware of his surroundings lately.
Rosberg, though I imagine it's the car.
Massa squandered a golden opportunity by messing up his front wing, though he may have had additional car issues.
Button--please stop the whining.

DexDexter
21st April 2013, 19:10
Gutierrez, seems to be out of depth.

Zico
21st April 2013, 20:01
Vettel, had the best car but didn't lap the field... poor show!

:p

N. Jones
21st April 2013, 20:45
I don't know. Maybe the Camel was the defending. It was pretty aggressive.

steveaki13
21st April 2013, 23:06
There are quite a few in an incident packed race, bet I cant remember them all.

- Webber - As said above. With a car that fast he shouldn't be finishing 7th. I mean WTF?
- Massa - Similar a decent car with none of Fernandos DRS problems despite a puncture he should have done better.
- Mercedes - For still producing a car that cant work its tyres well enough.
- Rosberg - Despite some brilliant battling he finished way behind Lewis despite starting 8 places ahead.
- Button - For moaning and for putting Perez onto an area where years ago a wall would have been.
- Perez - Not blameless. Hit Button and was moving around alot on the straights.
- Mclaren - For not controlling there own drivers. They could have ended up off road but also had the pace for 5th & 6th.
- Gutierrez - For finding a way to make running 22nd look worse and couldnt re catch a caterham.

N4D13
22nd April 2013, 00:20
- Massa - Similar a decent car with none of Fernandos DRS problems despite a puncture he should have done better.
Actually, he had two punctures, didn't he? It's impossible to compare Ferrari's drivers in the Bahrain GP, so I couldn't really blame Massa for doing anything wrong.

CNR
22nd April 2013, 00:50
Pirelli tyres Pirelli tyres Pirelli tyres Pirelli tyres Pirelli tyres Pirelli tyres Pirelli tyres Pirelli tyres Pirelli tyres Pirelli tyres Pirelli tyres Pirelli tyres Pirelli tyres

CNR
22nd April 2013, 01:05
F1 drivers to be left without cockpit warning lights for Bahrain GP - F1 news - AUTOSPORT.com (http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/106949)
the FIA has had to switch off the telemetry aspect of its marshalling system because of concerns it was not bulletproof enough for use in an actual grand prix.The telemetry system informs the drivers about warning flags, the use of a safety car, and also when DRS has been enabled or disabled.

steveaki13
22nd April 2013, 07:35
Actually, he had two punctures, didn't he? It's impossible to compare Ferrari's drivers in the Bahrain GP, so I couldn't really blame Massa for doing anything wrong.

OK. Didnt realise that. Thanks. I officially withdraw my Massa vote.

The Black Knight
22nd April 2013, 08:51
Pirelli for proving yet again they have got their tire compound choice wrong for this season. They are not just donkeys, they are THE DONKEY!

Button for whinging over a little bit or tough racing from Checo and then finishing 4 places behind him - i.e. Pirellie

Finally, Mercedes for having one car whose behavior changed mid race and another car that destroyed it's rear tires i.e. Pirelli

zako85
22nd April 2013, 10:22
Rosberg was the biggest donkey/camel of the race (unless someone tells me something I don't know about his car). He starts the race from pole and finishes in 9th place. Also behind his teammate who started from 9th.

The Black Knight
22nd April 2013, 14:29
Rosberg was the biggest donkey/camel of the race (unless someone tells me something I don't know about his car). He starts the race from pole and finishes in 9th place. Also behind his teammate who started from 9th.

A bit harsh. He was limited by his car eating its tires from what I saw. I thought he did a fine job considering the circumstances.

henners88
22nd April 2013, 15:05
The other thing to consider is Nico spent a bit too much time and fuel during the opening laps defending his positions and fighting to take them back. Much like Hamilton did in Malaysia. Nico had the same message to save fuel in the last stint, whereas Lewis had been conservative at the start allowing him to push towards the end. Lewis also mentioned that the car felt a lot better towards the end on a lighter load. This to me points towards Mercedes needing to find a solution rather than the drivers. They have two very good drivers who are out-driving what they are given IMO.

heliocastroneves#3
22nd April 2013, 17:30
The camel of Bahrain? Felipe Massa's right rear tires..

Knock-on
22nd April 2013, 18:01
Do we know the cause of the punctures? There was a bit of CF floating abour and the curbs are quite abrasive.

msratings
22nd April 2013, 18:31
I don't think anyone who actually got in the points could be called the camel of the race so will have to go with Gutierrez for being totally anonymous and finishing behind the Caterham of Pic

Coulthard Fan
22nd April 2013, 19:10
Button, he is such a moaner SHUTUP and race properly!
Perez did nothing wrong he was racing hard as it should be done.

Button will moan till the cows come home... Then again he has always been like that.

CaptainRaiden
22nd April 2013, 21:07

Button will moan till the cows come home... Then again he has always been like that.

Couldn't agree more.

And his comment "That isn't normally how I go racing." Yeah, right. Running your teammate off the track is completely normal. Also, ruining your faster teammate's race is completely fine too, but god forbid he tries to overtake the self-appointed alpha male team leader at McLaren.

First it's the Pirelli tires, then DRS, and now incompetent morons moaning about wheel to wheel racing. Let's find more ways to ruin great racing in F1! I wonder how Button feels about Arnoux and Villenueve banging wheels a million times in the same lap. Is that not how he goes "racing"?

dj_bytedisaster
22nd April 2013, 21:56
First it's the Pirelli tires, then DRS, and now incompetent morons moaning about wheel to wheel racing. Let's find more ways to ruin great racing in F1! I wonder how Button feels about Arnoux and Villenueve banging wheels a million times in the same lap. Is that not how he goes "racing"?

I'm sure you weren't one of them, but some people, who now cheer the great battle between Checo and Button are the same people, who demanded that Vettel obey team order lest they crash into each other, so there still seems to be a bit of double standard around.
For us as the fans the battles between Vettel and Webber in Sepang and Checo/Button in Shakir were brilliant to watch. From a teams perspective both were highly unwelcome, because the current generation of Pirelli's cannot be used for racing. Vettel/Webber at Sepang risked ruining their tires and Button at Shakir actually did. On both occasions the teams reacted wrongly. At Sepang RB kept Vettel behind for no reason, when he had caught Webber b< lap 26 and McLaren should have told Button to let Perez pass. That could have enabled him to get through with 3 stops and finish 7th instead of 10th. McLaren is currently closer to the midfield than the top and on a day were Ferrari disintegrates and Webber decides to be crap, it was a penalty shot without goalkeeper to haul some serious points. Forcing an obviously faster team mate to battle down the other car of the team, risking both results, showed that McLaren still haven't got the slightest clue about strategy.

CaptainRaiden
22nd April 2013, 23:52
I'm sure you weren't one of them, but some people, who now cheer the great battle between Checo and Button are the same people, who demanded that Vettel obey team order lest they crash into each other, so there still seems to be a bit of double standard around.

I was pretty hush around the whole Malaysian GP fiasco, because IMO at the end of the day it's racing, and if Vettel was faster, he deserved the victory.

BUT details are hazy around the whole issue. If Multi-21 was an agreed upon and understood term before the race and they shook on it, then Vettel broke a pact in a very sleazy manner. If not, then they should have been allowed to race as Vettel was clearly faster.

The weird thing is how Vettel behaved after the race, first saying he doesn't know there was an agreement, then apologizing, then doing a complete 180 a few days later after Marko Hell-slut probably told him to grow a pair or he probably read a few internet topics. Now, those are double standards.

Mclaren on the other hand didn't issue any team orders, so the drivers were free to race. Button on many occassions didn't leave Checo any room, and now is moaning after being outballed by Sergio. Titmarsh will now probably tell Button to drink some Gatorade and toughen up and both Mclarens will probably crash into each other on the first corner at Catalunya.

Knock-on
23rd April 2013, 04:13

\i've got nothing against team mates battleing. It's rare at the top flight and McLaren generally let them sort it out.

However, it was Checo that hit Buttons car that prompted the call, damaging his end plate in the bargain.

Button had a right to be peeved. It could have taken both him checo out of the game

kfzmeister
23rd April 2013, 04:28
However, it was Checo that hit Buttons car that prompted the call, damaging his end plate in the bargain.

Button had a right to be peeved. It could have taken both him checo out of the game

Was this the move where Button had the inside going into turn 4 then cut Checo off from doing an over and under?
If so, i would consider this a racing incident. This move is done time and time again and it is very rare that the guy going into the inside of the corner is able to brake enough to cut the following car off from doing an "under" move out of the corner.
If you ask me, JB should have put his head down and continued to race hard, instead of whining over the radio: He just hit me.
He pulled some dirty moves on Checo.

Robinho
23rd April 2013, 10:36
Of course button should have come over the radio, he has no knowledge of what is being covered by the tv at that moment, so was supplying information. Had Perez lost more of his front wing or Button suffered a puncture the team needed to know immediately so they could act. There is a vast amount of radio traffic we don't get to hear, but that one was pretty juicy, so was broadcast, but I see no issue with telling the team you've been hit from behind, whether its your teammate or not. You can bet there was futher comments from both drivers and the team that we didn't hear

Sent from North Korea using the dark network

The Black Knight
23rd April 2013, 12:12
\i've got nothing against team mates battleing. It's rare at the top flight and McLaren generally let them sort it out.

They both gave as good as they got. And Button planted his car right in the path of where he knew Checo would be driving so it was always a risk Checo would hit him from behind.

Button was also well able to run Checo wide on that corner on a different lap. If you're going by the letter of the law he should have received a penalty for not giving his teammate a cars width on the outside of the circuit. Both were in the fight, both were equally culpable, and Button should stop being such a little b*tch about it.

henners88
23rd April 2013, 12:21
Yeah I thought it was a bit rich of Button to complain. I thought both drivers were responsible for the contact as Perez went wide for the undercut and Button appeared to slow in the middle of the corner more so than usual. Maybe he was trying to slow Perez and get the jump? He was entitled to do it but felt it contributed. Running his teammate wide on a different lap was much more dangerous in terms of putting both cars out IMO, something Perez did to Alonso later in the race. I enjoyed the battling overall. I have to say Sergio's demeanour after the race was very mature with no complaints about his team mate. I hope Sergio is as feisty in the coming races too. :)

AndyL
23rd April 2013, 12:24
Maybe Martin Whitmarsh should tell Perez to just go ahead and win the race, since he seems to be following his boss's instructions to the letter at the moment :)

henners88
23rd April 2013, 12:29
Maybe Martin Whitmarsh should tell Perez to just go ahead and win the race, since he seems to be following his boss's instructions to the letter at the moment :)
Who needs pace eh? :p

truefan72
23rd April 2013, 14:34
Yeah I thought it was a bit rich of Button to complain. I thought both drivers were responsible for the contact as Perez went wide for the undercut and Button appeared to slow in the middle of the corner more so than usual. Maybe he was trying to slow Perez and get the jump? He was entitled to do it but felt it contributed. Running his teammate wide on a different lap was much more dangerous in terms of putting both cars out IMO, something Perez did to Alonso later in the race. I enjoyed the battling overall. I have to say Sergio's demeanour after the race was very mature with no complaints about his team mate. I hope Sergio is as feisty in the coming races too. :)

1. lets remember he ran Hamilton into the wall in Canada 2 years ago ...but I digress
2.Post race, Davidson basically debunked all of Button's claims by showing that he ran Perez wide, closed the door on the undercut by dangerously slowing mid corner, and even went as far as asking Button if he thought those moves were clean. Of Course Button didn't answer any of those questions and pretended like the he could not hear Davidson. The only thing Perez did wrong yesterday was to drive Alonso off the road in a move that he himself was the victim of by Button, and one that I thought the FIA had already outlawed. Didn't vettel get a penalty for that in Monza?
3. In conclusion, Button came off realy bad IMO. moaning and complaining when he was the real culprit. If the team had told Button to let Perez go bye. He probably would have taken Hamilton as well. Instead he lost a lot of time behind his slower teammate, trying to defend in a slightly dirty manner.

dj_bytedisaster
23rd April 2013, 16:12
The only thing Perez did wrong yesterday was to drive Alonso off the road in a move that he himself was the victim of by Button, and one that I thought the FIA had already outlawed. Didn't vettel get a penalty for that in Monza?

Stewards have been rather blind for moves like that. In fact Vettel is possibly the only one, who ever got penalized for such a move. Schumacher got away with it against Lewis at Monza, Alonso against Vettel at the same venue and Rosberg showed some almighty squeezes against against Lewis and Alonso last year, too. Webber's squeezing Vettel into the wall and Schumacher almost wrecking Barrichello went largely unpunished, too.

wedge
23rd April 2013, 17:21

This is why we have team orders.

I blame McLaren more than Button. They should have explained the situation that Checo was quicker and more likely to earn a bigger haul of points. A top 5 looked do-able.

They didn't so JB thinks he did nothing wrong running his race not knowing the bigger picture.

CNR
24th April 2013, 05:28
McLaren's Sergio Perez told to 'toughen up' by Martin Whitmarsh | McLaren | Formula 1 news, live F1 | ESPN F1 (http://en.espnf1.com/mclaren/motorsport/story/105660.html)
Sergio Perez (http://en.espnf1.com/f1/motorsport/driver/19738.html) has been told he has to "toughen up" after three uninspiring races since joining McLaren at the start of the season. He has completed all three grands prix but has only managed two points and has only qualified once in the top ten, in Malaysia when he went on to secure a ninth place finish. In China he crashed twice during Friday practice and both incidents appeared to be down to driver error. In the race itself he clashed with an angry Kimi Raikkonen and eventually ended just outside the points in 11th.
the way I see it is he was told to do it