PDA

View Full Version : I like Lewis

donKey jote
19th April 2013, 18:41
... when he says such positive things about Fernando :D

BBC Sport - Lewis Hamilton column: Racing has become more strategic (http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/formula1/22209168)

"Fernando, really. He feels to me like he's the most complete driver here. And with pure speed, he is rapid. He is such a quick driver but he's also very, very smart in how he does it. I really admire him for that.

"Back in 2007, we were both immature and misbehaved. We took a long time to recover from that. Fernando probably said a lot of things through anger, as I did, and that got twisted and turned in the media which impacted on the fans. So there are people who don't like me and people who don't like him.
I bury my hatchet :andrea:

i_max2k2
19th April 2013, 19:22
... when he says such positive things about Fernando :D

BBC Sport - Lewis Hamilton column: Racing has become more strategic (http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/formula1/22209168)

I bury my hatchet :andrea:

I like him a lot more now as well, I started doing that after Monza 2011, where after the race he didn't complain about the racing. I like drivers who have respect for other driver and teams, he is definitely maturing, even his exit from Mclaren was not filled with remorse or any bad mouthing, he did that gracefully and transitioned very well into Mercedes.

My personal favorites in F1 are now Massa, and Lewis :)

pino
19th April 2013, 20:38
I have always liked Lewis as driver, and I am starting also to like him as person ;)

CNR
20th April 2013, 02:28
Donkey of the race - China 2013
Alonso and lewis did you see how they were getting on after the race http://www.motorsportforums.com/f1/157930-donkey-race-china-2013-a.html#post1124343

keysersoze
20th April 2013, 04:04
For me, it was hard to like him during his rookie year because even though it was clear he was talented, he had been granted every concession along the way. I wanted him to face some adversity.

Since then, Lewis has impressed me with his moxie and ability to compete (and succeed) in challenging situations.

I also like his helmet design.

Tazio
20th April 2013, 05:23
:dork:

kfzmeister
20th April 2013, 06:31
Alonso's my favorite, so it's clear to see how i despised him coming in '07. Blah, blah, blah. I remember all the arguments with the pro-Hamilton peeps on the forums. Same as now with the Vettel-strokers. Lol.
My whole attitude changed in Austin last year. I loved how he kept Seb honest throughout the whole race. I cheered when he passed Vettel, perhaps cause i dislike Vettel for the same reasons that i disliked Ham back then.
Anyway, with his decision to switch from McLaren and his new team, i like what he's done sofar. He also showed some restraint and maturity last year. His goal was to place high and make a podium every race, not simply win. Something i think he learned from Alonso, lol.
Vettel now complains about not being able to outright push all race and gives the Pirellis a hard time for how they have to be handled, yet this is exactly what he needs to learn. Hamilton's slightly ahead there.

faster69
20th April 2013, 07:02
vettel figured out the pirellis better than anyone when they were first introduced. vettel has hardly complained about the tyres. webber has complained every opportunity he gets. anyway, look with what vettel did on sunday with the third best car in terms of race pace.

hamilton and alonso see vettel as their biggest threat, so have been playing this passive-aggressive game with him the last couple of years. they try to pretend he's not even in the discussion for who is the top driver. vettel couldn't care less i imagine. i mean the toxic relationship between vettel and webber doesn't phase vettel one bit. he thrives and almost enjoys it. hamilton cares too much what people think.

vettel's record speaks for itself. if we start handing out championships for a brave second in the standings schumacher would be a 10x champion, prost would have about 7, etc.

they're at ferrari and mclaren and haven't got the job done. if hamilton wanted to go to red bull, he could have. if alonso wanted to go to red bull, he could have.

dj_bytedisaster
20th April 2013, 12:49
I didn't like him especially in 2011, when he really was beside himself. But I must say, he's growing on me - he's come a long way since then. Seems to be growing into a real character.

Zico
20th April 2013, 13:40
Lewis is a good guy... we've found someone else that's been acting more of a tool recently and can dislike them instead. ;)

webberf1
20th April 2013, 14:40
Honestly I've always found it a little stupid that people pay so much attention to the drivers' personalities and either love or hate them because of it. These are the races, not the big brother house ffs.
But whatever, Lewis has always been awesome.

markabilly
20th April 2013, 16:27
Not everyone likes him.

McLaren does not like him.

According to a Hamilton tweet, McLaren threw him out of their garage area at the Australia GP.

Even worse they refused to change his tires when he stopped in their pit box during Malaysia :dozey: .

steveaki13
20th April 2013, 20:49
I have always liked Lewis as a guy and a driver, however I always felt he got distracted a bit too much outside the driving.

Anyway this year he looks calmer and happier.

faster69
21st April 2013, 11:16
he's happy. got his sleeve tattoo, poodle and pussycat doll.

henners88
21st April 2013, 16:59
A British Bullpoodle to be exact.

Don't join in in the Pit bull thread will you, might be a bit embarrassing.

The Black Knight
22nd April 2013, 10:43
vettel figured out the pirellis better than anyone when they were first introduced. vettel has hardly complained about the tyres. webber has complained every opportunity he gets. anyway, look with what vettel did on sunday with the third best car in terms of race pace.

hamilton and alonso see vettel as their biggest threat, so have been playing this passive-aggressive game with him the last couple of years. they try to pretend he's not even in the discussion for who is the top driver. vettel couldn't care less i imagine. i mean the toxic relationship between vettel and webber doesn't phase vettel one bit. he thrives and almost enjoys it. hamilton cares too much what people think.

vettel's record speaks for itself. if we start handing out championships for a brave second in the standings schumacher would be a 10x champion, prost would have about 7, etc.

they're at ferrari and mclaren and haven't got the job done. if hamilton wanted to go to red bull, he could have. if alonso wanted to go to red bull, he could have.

Not the case. Hamilton's management approached RBR but Dieter Mateschitz gave Webber the option of staying on for another year. Vettel had no issue with Lewis coming to Red Bull either so had Webber gone last year it might have been a Hamilton/Vettel line up. That would have been amazing. As for Alonso, he is happy out in his neck of the woods with the teams support at Ferrari, just like Vettel is happy out in his.

andyone
23rd April 2013, 12:30
lewis made me like Formula 1.. so im soo much of lewis fun always have been.. i wish he wins another title sometime... and ill be honest. i dont like Alonso.. he is like 10th in the list of drivers that i like on F1... its just how i feel..

CNR
8th May 2013, 07:39
F1 2013 (http://www.f1.co.uk/read-news/2013/7117/f1-2013-%E2%80%93-lewis-hamilton-nothing-controls-me-now)
Lewis Hamilton hopes that people’s opinion of him has changed since he debuted in 2007 as he “was in a very controlled environment”.
Speaking to the Daily Mail, Hamilton said, “I’m hoping people have changed their perception of me since 2007, I was in a very controlled environment for as long as I remember and only recently have I come out of that. Nothing controls me now. I’ve obviously got a boss in Ross Brawn, but now I make the decisions and I don’t have to report to anyone.
“There was a time when I would make a call and worry about it, that I was wrong, because of the way I was raised to look to my dad. It felt like a lot of pressure and I don’t have that now. I can call my dad and tell him I’ve bought a house or a car and share it with him. It’s a different chemistry.

35S151E
8th May 2013, 09:56
Lewis is great, I've always been a fan. I went to his first race in F1. He came from humble beginnings and his dad worked a few jobs to get him where he is, and he worked hard at his academics whilst pursuing his passion. You have to have respect for someone like that in a sport like F1.
(It also helps now that he isn't acting like...well...as bitter as before towards other teams/drivers.)

Mia 01
9th May 2013, 16:39
But Sebasitan who is going to win his fourth WDC in a row this year, what about him dear lewis. And then it´s the damn record books to.

henners88
9th May 2013, 17:27
But Sebasitan who is going to win his fourth WDC in a row this year, what about him dear lewis. And then it´s the damn record books to.
A flurry of posts and nearly every one anti Hamilton haha. We know Hamilton is not going to have the chance to challenge for the title this season. It's possible to be realistic without making silly statements.

Mia 01
12th May 2013, 10:09
I admit that Lewis is a moore likeable person this year, on and off track. As long as Nico don´t beat him regulary on raw speed in the races that is. If so we will see.

steveaki13
12th May 2013, 14:09
Lewis isnt going to feel like being nice today after this race.

henners88
12th May 2013, 17:12
A man of few words post race but very professional with it.

Mia 01
2nd July 2013, 22:48
One moore win for Nico wont harm Lewis.

Tazio
3rd July 2013, 03:08
:s ailor: Lewis is "The Boss"

Storm
3rd July 2013, 04:54
I have always liked the way he races. Onboard shots of him pushing and passing cars is often the best bits of a race.
Once he is not in his car and opens his mouth , it is easy to dislike him though.

samreddevilz
3rd July 2013, 18:10
Same here bro. I am also a Fan of Hamilton. But He should have won at least one title in the Last 4 years..... I am still waiting for his triumph.

steveaki13
3rd July 2013, 20:45
:s ailor: Lewis is "The Boss"

Funny though. For me he is more. "Da Boss" :dork:

samreddevilz
3rd July 2013, 22:03
Funny though. For me he is more. "Da Boss" :dork:

Excellent Said man. Da Boss.(to me)