PDA

View Full Version : Nascar info and advise

Rokeyblokey
17th April 2013, 20:17
Hi everyone, I'm going to be in US in May and I've got tickets to Talladega. I'm arriving in Atlanta on the Saturday and I'm just trying to get an idea of wjat to expect from a Nascar race. So - questions - When should I get there? What goes on before the race? Are there any support races?

Thanks!!

Alexamateo
18th April 2013, 14:15
Well, ARCA is Friday and the Nationwide series is Saturday so yes there are support events. Talladega Short Track (a 1/3 mile dirt track just down from the main track on Speedway Blvd.) is also running a full program Friday and Saturday nights. If you like to people watch, there will always be a lot to see and do.

tstran17_88
19th April 2013, 00:25
Even with attendance down, you'll still want to arrive at the track as early as possible. There is really only one east/west route (Interstate 20) coming into the speedway from Atlanta.

tstran17_88
19th April 2013, 00:27
Also....there is an hour time difference between Atlanta (eastern time zone) and Alabama (central time zone).

tstran17_88
19th April 2013, 00:35
Oh...you may want to rent a race scanner at the track. It's fun to listen to the drivers/spotters/crew chiefs chatter during the race. And you can also pick up the race broadcast of MRN on frequency 454.000.