PDA

View Full Version : Kimi's new tattoo ok by Todt !

Giuseppe F1
6th April 2007, 18:45
http://www.autosport.com/news/grapevine.php/id/57863

Todt defends Raikkonen's new tattoo

Friday, April 6th 2007, 11:31 GMT

Ferrari team principal Jean Todt said on Friday he would readily dump a sponsor who was unhappy with his driver Kimi Raikkonen's new tattoo.

The Finn got the tattoo on his right arm after he won his debut race for the Italian Formula One team in Australia last month.

When asked if he approved, Todt said he was fine with it as long as his driver was happy.

"I read about it. Of course, it was not part of the agenda, but the most important thing is our people," Todt told a news conference after Friday's free practice at the Malaysian Grand Prix.

"So, if Kimi is happy to put a tattoo on his face, it's okay. If he asks me my opinion, I'd say better put it somewhere else so it is not so disruptive or cause problems for the future.

"There are lots of things, smiling or not smiling but I don't care. If a sponsor would complain about the tattoo, I would prefer to change the sponsor to keep him happy."

Ian McC
6th April 2007, 19:14
Must be a slow day in F1 :D

So really, who cares?

ioan
6th April 2007, 19:49
Must be a slow day in F1 :D

So really, who cares?

The sponsors maybe?

Ian McC
6th April 2007, 19:55
The sponsors maybe?

Why would they care?

Eki
6th April 2007, 20:04
The sponsors maybe?
As Todt said, it's better to change the sponsors then. This is the 21st century.

Tomi
6th April 2007, 20:08
yep, today it's more original not to have a tattoo than to have one.

pentti
6th April 2007, 20:18
I am not so keen men having tattoos but better than ear rings, I guess. What this tells us how much JT preciates Kimis's talent.Better chemistry in Ferrari than in Ron Dennis's kingdom or in Sauber.

Roamy
6th April 2007, 20:22
butt ugly tattoo

but better than mike tyson

Giuseppe F1
6th April 2007, 20:22
I heard an interview a while ago where a celebrity (cant remember who, may have been Ricky Gervais) was asked what kept him awake at night......

he answered "Well, you know all those teen/20 something girls who get tattoos on the small of their back - well, thinking about what they will all look like when they are 80!"

:)

Hazell B
6th April 2007, 20:55
This is a late April Fool, yes? :p :

Tattoos aren't something a boss can possibly have a say either way in anyhow - I've no idea how this made the news :mark:

Erki
6th April 2007, 21:09
Anyone know what is that watch he's wearing? I quite like that orange.

Erki
6th April 2007, 21:14
This is Kimi after his engine blows up:

http://galleries.lycos.co.uk/d/13293-2/freddurst.jpg

DimitraF1
6th April 2007, 22:30
ERKI find alonso's 2007 photos ..not too happy like 2 years before

DimitraF1
7th April 2007, 00:21
next time they are going to ask todt if he is ok with kimi's underwear.. god this days are only for laughing.Bring on the serious fights with senna prost Hakkinen schumacher etc...

Kevincal
7th April 2007, 00:36
Maybe it's one of those tattoos that only lasts a month or 2...It looks rather ridiculous on an F1 driver though...

blakebeatty
7th April 2007, 03:29
yep, today it's more original not to have a tattoo than to have one.

and it's such an original tattoo. creative and a good driver...

ShiftingGears
7th April 2007, 03:38
This is an outrage! Why would he have a tattoo if it didn't have some illegal performance advantage? Yet again the FIA are turning a blind eye to Ferrari antics.

Tazio
7th April 2007, 05:25
This is an outrage! Why would he have a tattoo if it didn't have some illegal performance advantage? Yet again the FIA are turning a blind eye to Ferrari antics.
I've got it on good infomation that Ferrari has added vents to Kimi's visor therefore creating a flexable aero device out of Kimi's Tattoo!
Well That's what I heard!

DimitraF1
7th April 2007, 08:32
congratulations Tazio tell your mum to give you a chocolate

Ranger
7th April 2007, 08:42
congratulations Tazio tell your mum to give you a chocolate

Well, the easter bunny is more common at this time of year...

DimitraF1
7th April 2007, 10:57
a vibrator with chocolates :P lol

Simmi
7th April 2007, 11:16
Im sure his watch sponsor wont mind at all seen as it draws plenty of attention to it.

Tazio
7th April 2007, 14:04
a vibrator with chocolates :P lol
Kiss my @ss you fag!
Not that I think that their is anything wrong with your right to choose that lifestyle!

slinkster
7th April 2007, 15:34
I can't imagine any sponsors would have a problem with a driver having a tatoo?! this is wierd that it's even made the news...

Ranger
8th April 2007, 02:04
But it ponders the question:

What if Marlboro had an objection to it?

Surely Mr Todt would not readily dump $100 million of sponsorship money...

PSfan
8th April 2007, 04:48
I can't imagine any sponsors would have a problem with a driver having a tatoo?! this is wierd that it's even made the news...

Well I think this is just as wierd as tha amount of attention Alonso's new hair-cut received. I think the main reason for the attention is to draw attention to the freedom, or lack of, concerning McLeran's drivers. However in this case, tattoos would probably be tolerated by Ron Dennis, unless he has 2 set of rules, one for drivers, and another set for engineers:

http://www.grandprix.com/jpeg/phc/pmal07/fri/mclaren1-lg.jpg

Picture found on the http://www.grandprix.com website

janneppi
8th April 2007, 07:03
Maybe it's one of those tattoos that only lasts a month or 2...It looks rather ridiculous on an F1 driver though...
It's not a permanent tattoo, but one drawn with henna color, so it will wear off in time. Still, it is pretty silly looking.

Erki
8th April 2007, 18:02
I quite like it and don't find it silly looking. But then again over time I have liked a lot of silly things. Maybe that's what makes me so brilliant. :)

leopard
9th April 2007, 04:53
btw, is it a permanent tatt? :)

penagate
9th April 2007, 12:12
What next?

"Todt defends Raikkonen's new shoes"?

"Todt says accusations of Raikkonen's bad taste in perfume simply shameful"?