PDA

View Full Version : Is the WTCC game worth buying?

Daniel
10th December 2006, 21:36
As the thread says, is the WTCC game worth buying?

Captain VXR
11th December 2006, 15:38
Hey, how come it says you are banned?
I have never used the game but I bet it is worth buying

Daniel
11th December 2006, 20:34
it says I'm banned? Mark tested out a ban on me but it shouldn't say that I'm banned :p

jso1985
12th December 2006, 19:21
haven't played the game, but from what I read, it has some amazing graphics and it's really close to be a "simulator".
On the other hand it only has 10 tracks and 26 cars so it might get a bit boring soon

lugnut_usa
12th December 2006, 19:38
I don't know about the full version, but I hear in the demo that tracks compatible with GTR2 are also compatible with RACE. I can't imagine that it'd be different for the full version.

That would broaden the horizons a bit. ;)

johngordon
13th December 2006, 15:54
Hi Daniel,

Race is a very good game and I am sure you will love it, the racing is very good and there is a really good feel to it. There are still a few bugs but its being updated all the time so i'm sure they will all be ironed out soon.
I read that a few of you use keys! I dont think you can do the game justice using a keyboard. Logitech do a game pad that is a copy of the ps2 pad, I picked mine up for a tenner and it served me well in GTR. I now have a wheel with FFB and will never go back.

Where abouts in N.Wales are you. I live up in Llysfaen (Colwy Bay area) you any where near?

John

HaCo
13th December 2006, 16:46
I dont think you can do the game justice using a keyboard. Logitech do a game pad that is a copy of the ps2 pad, I picked mine up for a tenner and it served me well in GTR. I now have a wheel with FFB and will never go back.
John

So racing sims with a logitech gamepad goes well? Can you turn of braking help etc? I have a MOMO Racing wheel, but since I moved I have no longer place to put it somewhere and use it... A logitech rumble pad looks like a good replacement, is it?
HaCo

johngordon
13th December 2006, 17:24
Well a Logitech pad is far better than keys. For a start its anologe so you have at least some control over the throttle, brakes and steering.
I used to be able to keep up with/beat the pro's with my pad but I was more speratic. Now i have a wheel i have become more consistant.

Daniel
13th December 2006, 17:25
Logitech rumble pads are very good. Can't say I've used one for driving but they're good gamepads.

Scuderia ferrari
14th December 2006, 20:58
No, i got it, but i did not work, my compuyer is fast, but i still struggled to cope with it, total waste of £25.00, if you are gonna get it, then you really need a top, top computer, with lots of memory and free space.

racer69
15th December 2006, 06:32
The game looks good, but i've found a better (although as yet unfinished) alternative to the current WTCC,

There is a 'Touring Car Legends' mod being made for rfactor, covering Group A Touring Cars from roughly 1985-1990, including all the main series & all the cars, including from the first WTCC in 1987 :)

Marc W
20th December 2006, 12:56
The game is excellent (Other than the awful steam distribution system you have to install to run it), if you have the equipment to run it. My pc is a few years old but with a newish graphics card and I can only race with about 5 or 6 cars.

I'd definately recomend Rfactor as well as the Touring car legends mod mentioned, there is already a 2003 ETCC mod. There's also a 2006 Mini challenge mod in the pipeline.

Daniel
20th December 2006, 22:25
Steam is excellent!!!!!!!

A lot of people hate it but I really can't see why. I love the fact that you don't have to worry about scratched discs or losing discs or losing product keys. Sure every once in a while steam will have problems but 99% of the time it works just great and the fact that it automatically handles patching is a plus as it means everyone is playing the same version of the game :)

Scuderia. Post your system specs. The PC I'm using is hardly mindblowing by todays standards but it's not bad and plays the game OK.