PDA

View Full Version : Danica Patrick coverage

webberf1
15th April 2013, 10:31
Hey guys. Been enjoying the racing so far this season. But one gripe I have with the coverage is that they don't show enough of Danica Patrick. She's doing a fine job back in 35th place... so is there a way she could be integrated more with the tv coverage?

F1fanru
15th April 2013, 17:28
Hey guys. Been enjoying the racing so far this season. But one gripe I have with the coverage is that they don't show enough of Danica Patrick. She's doing a fine job back in 35th place... so is there a way she could be integrated more with the tv coverage?

They don't waste TV time on 35 place who's down 3 laps.

heliocastroneves#3
15th April 2013, 19:56
I smell some sarcasm here.. ^^

ShiftingGears
16th April 2013, 02:47

Ha!

Jag_Warrior
18th April 2013, 17:56

I'm attempting to get Darrell Waltrip's email or Twitter contact info. Surely he could mention her name more than once every 60 seconds. Come on Darrell, get it down to one Danica Mention every 30 seconds! Please do! Ranting and raving about how great she's doing (even if she's in 24th place) just never gets old, DW!

If I see Darrell driving a new Rolls Royce early next year, my theory that he's getting a big bonu$ for every time he mentions the Average One's name will be confirmed.

F1fanru
18th April 2013, 18:08
Do you think the figure of $26M a season is what Go-Daddy is paying? Her contract is 2 years and a option which could turn out to be $78M.
At the end of next season where do you think Danica has to be finishing for them to pick up the option?
Top 20
Top 30
Just making races on speed

Jag_Warrior
19th April 2013, 18:33
I'm not sure how much GoDaddy is paying to sponsor that car. But what they want from her is attention - and she is getting that job done (whether she ever wins a race or not). Where she finishes in the points is largely irrelevant... as long as Darrell Waltrip and the other talking heads continue to mention her name every 30 seconds or so. Her last year in the IRL/IndyCar showed that even when she was peddling around at the very back of the field (on road courses), she still got just as much media attention as the leaders of the race. And after recently having a "debate" with a well meaning F1 fan about Danica being qualified to be in F1, it became clear to me that DanicaMania infects the mind and causes people to stop thinking logically. A person who has never in her life won a professional road course race, who couldn't even win in Barber Dodge, Atlantics or the IRL is suddenly qualified to be in F1???!!! What is the world coming to?! Stop and let me get off at the next station!

I don't watch nearly as much NASCAR Sprint Cup as I used to. And it's mainly because of the Danica Effect and Darrel Waltrip's constant boot licking of The Average One.

15th May 2013, 23:51
They don't waste TV time on 35 place who's down 3 laps.