PDA

View Full Version : Baber TGTBaTU

EagleEye
9th April 2013, 20:22
The Good:

Andretti Autosport now 2-2 this season and looks good going into Long Beach where they have had success before.

Tristan Vautier is the real deal. I was impressed from the first time I met him off the track but he has impressed even more on the track. People are comparing him to greats like Zanardi and Moore, and I think we have something special in the making.

DW12. That slow, unreliable beast, actually puts on quite a show, and happens to be fast and reliable. And is now smashing previous lap records….give the ugly girl some due!

AJ Almendinger in an Indycar. Before he reeled off a string of victories inChampcar, people forget he had been fired from RuSport. He belongs in Indycar, and it was good to have him back.

Barber Motorporst Park. What a great venue, great crowd, and awesome event! Everyone needs to put this race on the calendars.

Charlie Kimble. Showed why he is still at Ganassi, and Graham (see below) is not. A great weekend and what a pass!

The level of competition. It has never been harder to win in this series, and there are more former race winners (HCN, WP, SD, DF, AT, JH, MA, AA, GR, JW, EC, TK, ?) than at anytime I can remember. I think we couldhave more than eight race winners this year…

The Bad:

I still don’t know why we can’t get everyone lined up properly for a start and re-start. I’d sit these guys down and show them starts from the 80’s and early 90’s.

Panther Racing, DR and SFH have struggled early on, which is a bit of a mystery as they looked good in testing.

Some of the blocking was F’ing ridiculous, no matter if it was accident or on purpose.

Hinch sitting in car waiting for a yellow that never happened.

The Ugly:

Graham Rahal, and his continued struggles. JJ is out pacing his team-mate, at least in practice and qualifying. Graham has the talent, but he needs to show it. Maybe a call to Rob Wilson could help?

Starter
9th April 2013, 21:09
The Bad:

I still don’t know why we can’t get everyone lined up properly for a start and re-start. I’d sit these guys down and show them starts from the 80’s and early 90’s.
Solving the bad starts is pretty easy.
1. The race director and the starter should not be afraid of sending them around again if they are not lined up properly. If somebody jumps the start the second time, they get a drive through.
2. No guest starters on the stand. An experienced starter has to make a split second decision on whether to through the flag or not. Having to tell a "guest" when to wave the flag keeps the (real) starter from holding back if he needs to.

The drivers know all this and take advantage of it.

FIAT1
10th April 2013, 21:12
Good- Track is nice, small but nice.
- Racing was good

Bad- To many camera shots from far. Should be much closer to the track therefore we can get feel for speed.Example side by side camera pro comercial car cockpit got me all excited, and on the left race shot from far looked slow and boring. TV needs more close up,in car,track wall camera etc. Someone needs to look in to this to get young gamers hooked to watch.

Ugly- Cars.

GRW1983
10th April 2013, 22:12
The Good: Ryan Hunter-Reay bounces back from St.Pete, Charlie Kimball races very well as does Scott Dixon. The Bad: Dario Franchitti's poor start to the season continues, as does Graham Rahal's. The Ugly: James Hinchcliffe sitting in his car for 60-70 laps. REALLY??? I didn't know whether to laugh or cry!!! Just accept the fact that your race is over.