PDA

View Full Version : First Trailer for Ron Howard's F1 Movie 'Rush'

CNR
8th April 2013, 22:53
First Trailer for Ron Howard's F1 Movie 'Rush' with Chris Hemsworth | FirstShowing.net (http://www.firstshowing.net/2013/first-trailer-for-ron-howards-f1-movie-rush-with-chris-hemsworth/)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=yYiZbWyYey0

ShiftingGears
9th April 2013, 03:30
I don't know about this one...the trailer looks pretty cheesy.

truefan72
9th April 2013, 04:26

really?

I think it looks awesome!

Tazio
9th April 2013, 04:40
really?

I think it looks awesome!I'm looking forward to it. Ron Howard usually does good work with his productions.

TheFamousEccles
9th April 2013, 08:30
Looks the shizzle! I will go to see it. :rotate:

steveaki13
10th April 2013, 18:52
Its always tough to make a realistic and accurate sports film. Most sports films I have watched I have not been that impressed by (taking out Senna, which was more a documentary)

I will be interested to see how this goes.

DexDexter
10th April 2013, 19:31
really?

I think it looks awesome!

The guy playing Lauda looks the part, not sure about "Hunt", he looks a bit too Hollywood to me. I'm going to see this. The last racing movie I've seen is Driven, so this cannot be worse than that :) .

henners88
10th April 2013, 19:58
The trailer looks really good and can't wait to see it. The biggest critics so far from a film not many have seen (because its not out yet!) have been a minority of F1 fans across the internet from what I have seen. They don't seem to understand that making a documentary most F1 fans are interested in is not always best for the wider audience. 'Driven' was total and utter tripe, but this film looks like it'll be really good. Ron Howard is also very good at what he does so I have high hopes for this one.

BDunnell
10th April 2013, 20:49
Despite the excellent provenance this film undoubtedly enjoys, 'Senna' has opened my eyes to how well a documentary film can function in telling a dramatic story to the extent that I'd much prefer to see similar treatment of the Hunt/Lauda story, limited footage permitting, of course.

Ranger
11th April 2013, 01:11
Despite the excellent provenance this film undoubtedly enjoys, 'Senna' has opened my eyes to how well a documentary film can function in telling a dramatic story to the extent that I'd much prefer to see similar treatment of the Hunt/Lauda story, limited footage permitting, of course.

I have several problems with the film 'Senna' as a benchmark documentary.

Mainly, the film heavily features the simplistic and one-sided opinions of John Bisignano to tell a factual story. As a result the film goes into the novel "Senna good - Prost bad" mentality. As far as I remember the film justified Japan 1990 with no counter-argument whatsoever.

Claims that some 40000 hours of footage was culled to make a movie is a shame, as some of the onboard footage in the film is obviously overdubbed.

Claims that the documentary was written from a neutral standpoint is far from the truth, but it was still a decent film.

Yeah... it's the dialogue.

I will definitely be seeing the movie though, hopefully it does it justice.

henners88
11th April 2013, 07:19
Although I enjoy a good F1 documentary and the Senna film was most enjoyable, thankfully we have a director who has tried something different, something harder to achieve. It'll appeal further than the geeks among us and hopefully it'll be one of the first good racing movies.

wedge
12th April 2013, 00:24
The guy playing Lauda looks the part, not sure about "Hunt", he looks a bit too Hollywood to me. I'm going to see this. The last racing movie I've seen is Driven, so this cannot be worse than that :) .

He certainly doesn't! but Chris Hemsworth does. The accents feel like bad impersonations which is the danger with these kinds of movies.

It was an attempt but flawed for the enthusiast to warrant the film as a piece of historical document. At worst its a glorified YT fan video.

As a result the film goes into the novel "Senna good - Prost bad" mentality.

At its most simplest it is arguably so but the rivalry was complex.

1989 San Marino GP got a passing mention - it just a pivotal moment and I can argue more so than the crashes that came later. It also exposes the flaw of the film in that its aftermath wasn't played behind the camera unlike say this year's Malaysian GP.

As far as I remember the film justified Japan 1990 with no counter-argument whatsoever.

Doesn't really need it. The crash itself is enough. I think most who have seen or heard of it would not know the context.

wedge
12th April 2013, 00:32
BBC Radio 4 - Hunt/Lauda (http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b01rfy5f)

c19DqS127Ac

Its always tough to make a realistic and accurate sports film. Most sports films I have watched I have not been that impressed by (taking out Senna, which was more a documentary)

I will be interested to see how this goes.

Grand Prix (1966) - IMDb (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0060472/)

Le Mans (1971) - IMDb (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0067334/)

Ari
12th April 2013, 00:35
I have several problems with the film 'Senna' as a benchmark documentary.

Mainly, the film heavily features the simplistic and one-sided opinions of John Bisignano to tell a factual story. As a result the film goes into the novel "Senna good - Prost bad" mentality. As far as I remember the film justified Japan 1990 with no counter-argument whatsoever.

I actually agree with this, and I'm a big Senna fan. Note the signature!

I cringed a little at how how 'Senna good, Prost bad' the film was. Loved the movie, but a more rounded approach to two incredible drivers would have been nice.

keysersoze
12th April 2013, 12:27
I'm sure I will enjoy this film, though all my life I've felt a movie about the Prost-Senna dynamic would be better: two outstanding drivers at different points in their careers, with different approaches, different temperments, different cultures, from different continents-- but in the same team. The potential for intra-team conflict would be a terrific subplot. Writers could make use of the Pironi-Villeneuve dust-up and tragic aftermath as a bit of foreshadowing.

The movie in my head would have a Hollywood ending, with Prost quitting soon after Senna's death, abandoning his goal of a WDC mid-season, with his worthiest challenger now gone.

Bruce D
12th April 2013, 13:09
I'm still not really sure why people make a song and dance about this whole Lauda / Hunt thing. They were big mates, it's not like they were deadly rivals. But I'm still keen to see this movie, although I'm sure somethings will be a bit overdone. Driven was seriously overdone so it can't be worse than that. Grand Prix was pretty good, although it must have been amazing at the time of release. I'm ashamed to say I've never seen Le Mans. :(

With Grand Prix I still remember an interview with Phil Hill where he said, no, Ferrari didn't have a black flag with a prancing horse on it to signal drivers to return to the pits because of a fatal accident as shown in the movie, but it might not have been a bad idea at the time!

As for the Senna movie, it really disappointed me, it just felt like some over the top fan had got hold of the script, they never dealt with any of the controversies properly, Prost or otherwise, and never showed the two sides to the story.

Actually I'm still waiting for someone to make a movie about 1982...