PDA

View Full Version : I thought they were supposed to be faster this year?

Alfa Fan
30th March 2013, 11:00
So first practice session done, and it's slower than lap record pace around the Indy track.

From the initial announcement:

"From 2013, whilst S2000 cars will still be eligible, the ‘Next-Gen’ cars/engines will then be progressively increased in performance and a turbo ‘over-boost’ facility be incorporated to allow a regulated amount of short power boosts during each race."

I'm a bit disappointed if the boost isn't going to get turned up. Less disappointed about the absence of "push-to-pass", but an extra 50hp for all the cars would really add to the spectacle, and make the cars a lot trickier to drive.

BDunnell
30th March 2013, 11:45
So first practice session done, and it's slower than lap record pace around the Indy track.

From the initial announcement:

"From 2013, whilst S2000 cars will still be eligible, the ‘Next-Gen’ cars/engines will then be progressively increased in performance and a turbo ‘over-boost’ facility be incorporated to allow a regulated amount of short power boosts during each race."

I'm a bit disappointed if the boost isn't going to get turned up. Less disappointed about the absence of "push-to-pass", but an extra 50hp for all the cars would really add to the spectacle, and make the cars a lot trickier to drive.

I can only assume that nothing has yet been done to boost levels, and that these will be adjusted following the first race.

How do the times of Wood and Griffin compare with those from last year in the same S2000 cars?

Allyc85
30th March 2013, 12:25
Track conditions are arctic and part of Fp1 was spent scrubbing in tyres from what ive read. Lets wait for qualifying before we make comparisons :)

Dave B
30th March 2013, 13:49
Track conditions are arctic and part of Fp1 was spent scrubbing in tyres from what ive read. Lets wait for qualifying before we make comparisons :)
Indeed. I've just escaped Kent and by all accounts it's pretty grim at the moment. The weather, that is.

Allyc85
30th March 2013, 14:54
Track temp of 4 degrees in FP2, with the skys getting darker apparently!

Jordan fastest in that session.

31st March 2013, 04:11
uptop h? b?n

tintin
31st March 2013, 13:00

I think we should wait until a weekend when it's not actually snowing.