PDA

View Full Version : Rd 3 V8 Supercar Details - Silverstone

Peter Vuko
5th April 2007, 22:41
Brrrr..it's bloody cold!! ....I know I'm in Britain,Silverstone, our 1st International race for the calendar. This race will feature our first handicap system - the aim being to give everyone a chance at getting more pts!!

Rd 3 Details:
Track: Silverstone
Length: 15 laps
Settings: *Free car settings for qualifying & race.
.............*Pits set to optional.
.............*A.I. set to Hard.
.............*Corner cutting & Careless Driving OFF.
.............*No boosts or cheats allowed.
.............*Restarts allowed.
Handicap system: There will be 3 groups for this race:
...Group 1: Off SCRATCH: Vuko Snr,Vuko Jnr, Muz,BobZee,Homer,J.B,Mixa,Sloma,Pudlea
...Group 2: -15 seconds ( 1 sec per/lap): harvick,racer69,real,maxu05,Shell,dcr22B,R/Rules
...Group 3: - 25 seconds ( 1.66s per/lap):tannat,c8nay,Kumar,Spackman,Finch,AlfaFan
Times: pm your best Q/T, O/T & F/L by Sunday week 15th April. Please send in your raw time - I WILL DEDUCT THE NECESSARY HANDICAP!!!
Good Luck!

Brown, Jon Brow
5th April 2007, 22:55
Brrrr..it's bloody cold!! ....I know I'm in Britain!

:cool: It's been glorious weather for the last week. Wall to wall sun and highs of around 20degrees C. You might need to think about going easy on the engine so it doesn't overheat. :up:

real_illusions
5th April 2007, 22:58
:cool: It's been glorious weather for the last week. Wall to wall sun and highs of around 20degrees C. You might need to think about going easy on the engine so it doesn't overheat. :up:

its still cold for the aussies though ;)

I have an idea..why dont we hijack the weather forecast, tell everyone its going to snow, hail, tornadoes etc, then the aussie's will go home because they like the sun, leaving us brits to do what we do best - complain about the f-ing s**te weather, but still do what we want anyway, which in this case is go racing in our bumper cars

:)

Brown, Jon Brow
5th April 2007, 23:06
It isn't that warm in Australia this time of year is it?
http://www.bbc.co.uk/weather/world/australasia/#no_url

Clear skies in the midlands :up:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/weather/ukweather/#no_url
It's not cold unless you live in Lerwick, and thats nearly in the Artic Circle. :s

I think that this thread has gone a little bit off topic. :p

Peter Vuko
5th April 2007, 23:16
It's actually a pretty ordinary day today in the land of OZ - first day of a two week break - back to the topic! What do you think of the handicap thing??

Brown, Jon Brow
5th April 2007, 23:19
It will be a good feature. :up: What are the groups based on? Championship standings?

Peter Vuko
5th April 2007, 23:25
I based the handicaps on last 2 Rds performances - in particular last Rd & F/L times. Could make it interesting - something new anyway!

tannat
6th April 2007, 01:12
Interesting way of handicapping...

I did something similar with TOCA2 last year, but did it in the form of mandating auto gearboxes, no downforce, wet tires only, etc....

Haven't turned a lap yet. Hope to do so tonight.....

harvick#1
6th April 2007, 01:18
its not looking like a good round for me. :(

its looking like the mates are gonna finally beat me, but I'll get them back on hometurf ( wow it finally feels good to say that :D )

johnny shell
6th April 2007, 12:55
I think the handicapping system is fair.

it's just enough help that if someone from, say, the second group (like harv or RI) has a great race - and someone from the first group has a bad race (say JB :cheese: ) ... then maybe harv or RI could get a well-deserved finish among the lead pack!

johnny shell
6th April 2007, 13:04
tannat should probably be in the 2nd group though.

I bet he would be if his kid hadn't had the stomach flu lately so he hasn't been able to practice.

look for him to beat some of the middle group (uh, like ME) if he has a good race.

Muz
6th April 2007, 13:17
Just completed my first real practice session at Silverstone. I am finally comming to terms with a track that I havn't liked in the past. Managed to set some times in the 1.20s which I'll post on Codies tomorrow. Speaking of which, I notice Peter, myself and the now retired?? Adam are the only times posted. I thought the idea was to post there each race. In fact I'd like the posted times on Codies to be the qualifying times for the race!

real_illusions
6th April 2007, 13:31
i usually do all the testing on free race mode with race fuel as most times i dont have time to do the time trial as well.

If i do find time, then for sure i'll post something on the codie's hof.

Brown, Jon Brow
6th April 2007, 14:24
I did my testing in time trial and I'll put my mid 1:21 on there later ;) I don't know how to get into the 1:20's and I would like to see homer put his 1:19 lap in the HoF.

On hard tyres and race fuel I think I will be lapping in the 1:22-1:23's :s

I think the handicapping system is fair.

it's just enough help that if someone from, say, the second group (like harv or RI) has a great race - and someone from the first group has a bad race (say JB :cheese: ) ... then maybe harv or RI could get a well-deserved finish among the lead pack!

Hey! Why hav I been singled out :mad:

Are you going to the Silverstone restaurant to try out some of the British cuisine Johnny: :laugh:

johnny shell
6th April 2007, 14:31
hell yeah!

I'm going to order up a nice order of beans on toast! you know that! and I might bring my GIRLFRIEND along this race weekend just for the special occasion!

and you were only singled out because we care about you and we're pulling for you in these difficult times. the rumors are growing. they now involve you spending way too much time at the zoo :confused:

real_illusions
6th April 2007, 14:31
Are you going to the Silverstone restaurant to try out some of the British cuisine Johnny: :laugh:

you're not trying to get rid of the opposition are you by poisioning the foreigners? :p :

Brown, Jon Brow
6th April 2007, 16:43
Just put in some more laps and managed to knock a little off my time by softening the suspension. I've tried 'not' braking at Stowe but I lose more time. If a dab the brakes I can take it at about 142mph in 5th, if I don't brake I can only understeer around at 120mph. The most difficult corners here are the two chicanes. I can never hit the apexes there so that's where I think I'm losing a few seconds.

http://www.codemasters.co.uk/halloffame/display-hall.php?gameid=44&order=110&pageno=1

johnny shell
6th April 2007, 16:49
hmmm... confirmation that sometimes it's best to slow down more before the corner so that you can be faster coming out of it!

I need to remember that

harvick#1
6th April 2007, 16:52
Just put in some more laps and managed to knock a little off my time by softening the suspension. I've tried 'not' braking at Stowe but I lose more time. If a dab the brakes I can take it at about 142mph in 5th, if I don't brake I can only understeer around at 120mph. The most difficult corners here are the two chicanes. I can never hit the apexes there so that's where I think I'm losing a few seconds.

yeah whats with those screwey chicanes, I'm also having some trouble with those, the first always plays tricks with me

racer69
6th April 2007, 17:39
I'll be lucky to make this round, trying to work through unlocking the V8 International tour, takes a while though :(

johnny shell
6th April 2007, 17:43
in case you aren't already, set all the races to one lap, set AI to 50%, give yourself ultra soft tires, skip practice & qualifying, & turn all the flags off.

and once you get a big enough lead withdraw from the last races of the series.

harvick#1
6th April 2007, 18:28
Hey! Why hav I been singled out :mad:

cause we finally found out that your human :p :

Brown, Jon Brow
6th April 2007, 18:47
You lot are like vultures. One bad race and then.....

johnny shell
6th April 2007, 20:20
turned my first laps here today.

best I could do is mid 1:23's in race trim. and I got NO idea where to find more time!

RaikkonenRules
6th April 2007, 20:27
Will not be competing this round or any of the international rounds until I unlock the International Series.

johnny shell
6th April 2007, 20:53
btw - cool new look to the website RI

http://www.trd3racing.surrealillusions.co.uk/index.php

harvick#1
6th April 2007, 21:23
turned my first laps here today.

best I could do is mid 1:23's in race trim. and I got NO idea where to find more time!

was that with soft tires and low fuel Johnny

johnny shell
6th April 2007, 21:25
yeah. it was in practice mode, not time trial, but with out much fuel and with soft tires.

so, not exactly 'race trim' now that I think about it!

Brown, Jon Brow
6th April 2007, 21:29
Remember you need to lap within 1second of the front runners to be able to beat us with the handicap thing ;) your 3 seconds adrift :laugh:

Now I must get back to the zoo! :erm:

johnny shell
6th April 2007, 21:42
yeah, but eating all those beans on toast will give me a secret weapon

so watch out!

Brown, Jon Brow
6th April 2007, 21:46
Wind probably! So you your farts will give you extra thrust around the track :eek:

RaikkonenRules
6th April 2007, 21:49
yeah, but eating all those beans on toast will give me a secret weapon

so watch out!

Very mature Johnny :p :

Peter Vuko
7th April 2007, 00:10
I agree with Muz that people should be posting times on codies. I just beat my previous best time - did a 1m.20.47 to be 6th & 7th on the site. I noticed J.B in 8th. One way of encouraging people to do so is to give bonus pts for the fastest time trial time(s) What do you think? We could even replace qualifying with a time trial - for e.g. times must be in on codies by a date I give, e.g.the Friday - two days before overall times are due - this could bring into place strategy of when to release your best time. I know from experience though that sometimes its hard to get on the site but the idea to me sounds good . Reactions please!!! If we like the idea we can try it next Rd as an experiment!

tannat
7th April 2007, 00:26
tannat should probably be in the 2nd group though.

I bet he would be if his kid hadn't had the stomach flu lately so he hasn't been able to practice.

look for him to beat some of the middle group (uh, like ME) if he has a good race.

You're a kind soul, JShell...

Cheers :beer:

harvick#1
7th April 2007, 01:24
I agree with Muz that people should be posting times on codies. I just beat my previous best time - did a 1m.20.47 to be 6th & 7th on the site. I noticed J.B in 8th. One way of encouraging people to do so is to give bonus pts for the fastest time trial time(s) What do you think? We could even replace qualifying with a time trial - for e.g. times must be in on codies by a date I give, e.g.the Friday - two days before overall times are due - this could bring into place strategy of when to release your best time. I know from experience though that sometimes its hard to get on the site but the idea to me sounds good . Reactions please!!! If we like the idea we can try it next Rd as an experiment!

see I don't have an account, and since I know I can't run a minute 20 something, why bother.

I don't like the bonus points thing, because in any real racing series, who gives points for Practice :mark: but I'm nowhere near the point championship so I don't care on the decision

RaikkonenRules
7th April 2007, 10:52
Plus the strict corner cutting rules are on in time trial mode like it or not. :mad:

Brown, Jon Brow
7th April 2007, 11:39
Plus the strict corner cutting rules are on in time trial mode like it or not. :mad:

If you don't cut corners it's not a problem ;)
These are the fastest times on the website

1 Rui Sergio >>>>RUIVAO<<<< (Brazil) 01:11.50 Falcon BA
2 Phase 111 (Australia) 01:15.20 Falcon BA
3 Helge Olsen (Norway) 01:17.04 Falcon BA
4 Phase 111 (Australia) 01:18.96 Falcon BA
5 Adam Słoma (Poland) 01:19.75 Falcon BA
6 Steven Vuko (Australia) 01:20.43 Commodore VZ
7 Peter Vuko (Australia) 01:20.47 Commodore VZ
8 Peter Vuko (Australia) 01:20.74 Commodore VZ
9 Rob Zee (Australia) 01:20.97 Falcon BA
10 Jonny Brown (United Kingdom) 01:21.37 Falcon BA
11 Alain Van der Steen (Netherlands) 01:21.53 Commodore VZ
12 Jonny Brown (United Kingdom) 01:21.53 Falcon BA
13 Muz ! (Australia) 01:21.84 Falcon BA
14 Adam Słoma (Poland) 01:22.18 Falcon BA
15 (TJR) Troy (Australia) 01:22.29 Commodore VZ

Brown, Jon Brow
7th April 2007, 11:57
1 Adam Słoma (Poland)-------------01:19.75 Falcon BA
2 Steven Vuko (Australia) ----------01:20.43 Commodore VZ
3 Peter Vuko (Australia)------------01:20.47 Commodore VZ
4 Peter Vuko (Australia)------------01:20.74 Commodore VZ
5 Rob Zee (Australia)---------------01:20.97 Falcon BA
6 Jonny Brown (United Kingdom)----01:21.37 Falcon BA
7 Jonny Brown (United Kingdom)----01:21.53 Falcon BA
8 Muz ! (Australia)-----------------01:21.84 Falcon BA
9 Adam Słoma (Poland)-------------01:22.18 Falcon BA

I wont be happy untill I get into the 1:20's

real_illusions
7th April 2007, 19:50
btw - cool new look to the website RI

http://www.trd3racing.surrealillusions.co.uk/index.php

hehe...someone noticed :p : ;)

The time trial as the quali sounds good..times to be submitted etc..

I'll give it a go for sure when i can.

johnny shell
7th April 2007, 22:59
check out who's now lucky #13 on codies people.

my hard work is starting to pay off.

and special thanks to those who have helped me with set-up, lines, and everything else.

1.21.82!

there may be more time to be found, but I'll be out of town most next week and need to start working on race trim.

plus I'm at my girlfriend's house this weekend and she's REALLY not fond of the table & chair & steering wheel & all the wires all over her family room!

Brown, Jon Brow
7th April 2007, 23:56
Oh nuts looks like you might beat me with the handicap :bigcry:

Who's been giving out help? :mad:

.....can I have some please :cheese: :andrea:

johnny shell
8th April 2007, 00:12
actually it was the beans on toast!

but don't worry. I'm still consistantly inconsistant and won't be able to carry a good pace over the course of a whole lap race.

some more help? my suspension is very soft. and I don't use much downforce.

harvick#1
8th April 2007, 00:17
I'm back baby. and I'm gettin better each time out :bounce:

I went from running low 1m 23's to mid 1. 21's :D

My fastest lap was 1m 21.47 seconds

and I still got room to improve :eek: atleast another half second

harvick#1
8th April 2007, 01:08
I was able to drop another tenth off my time.

so my fastest lap is now 1m21.37 seconds which is JB lap also :D (see I told you I got some speed)

and adding in the handicap, I'm the 2nd fastest lap, and if Solma is having computer troubles, I have the fastest lap then :D

johnny shell
8th April 2007, 01:51
way to go harv!

I can hear that lead group shaking in their boots from here!

harvick#1
8th April 2007, 02:29
I just opened an account on Codies, so its there, but they put me behind JB :mad: :p : as we have the same time

Brown, Jon Brow
8th April 2007, 10:15
Well that time isn't my fastest now as I've got a bit more from the car :D

I'm running the suspension at around 90% hard so I'll go softer to see if it helps. It really seems like a wheel helps around here, my favourite controller broke so I'm having to use my spare.....(if you get faster I have more excuses lined up ;) )

johnny shell
8th April 2007, 16:55
i can't believe you turn those times without a wheel!

Brown, Jon Brow
8th April 2007, 17:22
i can't believe you turn those times without a wheel!

You better believe it ;)

Peter Vuko
8th April 2007, 22:59
Here are the current fastest times in practice
1 Homer-----------01:19.60 (UK) (unoffical) Falcon BA
2 Steven Vuko (Australia) ----------01:20.43 Commodore VZ
3 Peter Vuko (Australia)------------01:20.47 Commodore VZ

4 Rob Zee (Australia)---------------01:20.97 Falcon BA
5 Jonny Brown (United Kingdom)----01:21.37 Falcon BA
6 harvick#1 (USA)---------------01:21.37 Falcon BA
7 John Shell(USA)--------------01:21.82 Commodore VZ
8 Muz ! (Australia)-----------------01:21.84 Falcon BA

The handicap system won't apply to Qualifying!! Homer still showing the way,although his time is unofficial. Keep the times rolling in guys - it adds to the atmosphere!!

Muz
9th April 2007, 04:42
Hey Vuko!! I think you are forgetting someone in the above post!

Muz! 1.20.78

Tried to better it last night, but with the relos in the guest room I have to set up my wheel at a 45 degree angle to the TV. I was actually .3 up after the first sector but just couldn't line up the left handers properly. They will be gone soon. Please let them be gone soon!!!

tannat
9th April 2007, 05:36
Finally made it to the circuit and got in a ahndful of good laps.
I haven't broken 1:26 yet, but I'm running hard, and haven't gotten the line right once (but I hate S'stone anyway).

Would love it if soem of you guys would PM your times at both bridges. I'm hitting the Optimax brdige at roughly 24 seconds and the Big Pond (?) brdige at 1 minute flat. I think my problems are happening after the first bridge...

Tannat

RALLY TEAM GB
9th April 2007, 08:03
i am running in the late 1min 20s.... i am going to do some more practice then take it from there..

harvick#1
9th April 2007, 12:25
Tannat, I'll give you a PM during my lunch break today to try and help you out :)

tannat
9th April 2007, 19:07
Dude-your telemetry PM's are awesome :up:

RALLY TEAM GB
9th April 2007, 19:41
can anyone give me any help with setups?

harvick#1
9th April 2007, 21:44
your running high minute 20's and you need help with a setup.

harvick#1
9th April 2007, 21:45
Dude-your telemetry PM's are awesome :up:

just trying to help :)

Peter Vuko
9th April 2007, 22:55
1 Homer (UK)------------01:19.60 (unofficial) Falcon BA
2 Peter Vuko (Australia)-----------01:20.11 Commodore VZ
3 Steven Vuko (Australia) ----------01:20.43 Commodore VZ
4 Muz (Australia)-------------01:20.78 Falcon BA

Its getting close at the top!

Peter Vuko
9th April 2007, 23:00
1 Homer (UK)------------01:19.60 (unofficial) Falcon BA
2 Peter Vuko (Australia)-----------01:20.11 Commodore VZ
3 Steven Vuko (Australia) ----------01:20.43 Commodore VZ
4 Muz (Australia)-------------01:20.78 Falcon BA

7 harvick(USA)--------01:21.37 Commodore VZ
8 John Shell(USA)-----01:21.82 Falcon BA

Its getting close at the top!

harvick#1
10th April 2007, 03:53
I'm hoping for alittle more speed. I think I can get under a minute 21 if I run a perfect lap

I haven't had time to practice in awhile. tomorrow is gonna be a good practice run :)

I am evil Homer
10th April 2007, 08:59
I think the handicap system should work well - going to be close all round i'd imagine :)

tannat
10th April 2007, 17:37
Is there any way you can reduce your fuel load other than running laps? I'm running soft tires (0.10) and I have to restart the session after 4 laps because the tires go off, but my fuel level NEVER drops (even after 20 minutes in practice mode).

Thanks to harvick for setup and driving assistance. I'm now in the high 1:24s.

Losing all my time at Abbey and the left at Vale/Club.

I hate Silverstone.....

harvick#1
10th April 2007, 18:18
the times I'm running are in Time Trial mode, you have zero fuel so you are very light.

the fuel load does drop, you need to run about 10 laps to see it start falling

Peter Vuko
10th April 2007, 23:24
In my last practice/time trial session I finally squeezed into the 19's! I softened the suspension up a little & posted a 1m.19.84. I will now concentrate on a good race trim car, make a few slight adjustments - this track will be a killer on tyres - I suspect I will need to use anything from 80% -100% hards. This will with the heavy fuel load mean times in the race will be much slower. Fifteen laps around this track will certainly be tiring as concentration is vital especially on those lefts & rights before that back straight - it's so easy to lose speed there. Just looking at some of the times in practice - some of the "handicapped" guys could do well!

Brown, Jon Brow
10th April 2007, 23:27
And i could come last :bigcry: My fastest lap so far is 1:21:13, I don't know how 1:19's are possible.

tannat
10th April 2007, 23:32
Did a lap in shoot out after qualifying and was shocked to get a lap time in the mid 1:23s (my best thus far had been a high 1:24).

Has anyone noticed you're a touch faster in shoot out mode?

harvick#1
10th April 2007, 23:33
In my last practice/time trial session I finally squeezed into the 19's! I softened the suspension up a little & posted a 1m.19.84. I will now concentrate on a good race trim car, make a few slight adjustments - this track will be a killer on tyres - I suspect I will need to use anything from 80% -100% hards. This will with the heavy fuel load mean times in the race will be much slower. Fifteen laps around this track will certainly be tiring as concentration is vital especially on those lefts & rights before that back straight - it's so easy to lose speed there. Just looking at some of the times in practice - some of the "handicapped" guys could do well!

can Laguna be 20 laps :D

now thats a workout :D a great American Road Course

harvick#1
10th April 2007, 23:36
Did a lap in shoot out after qualifying and was shocked to get a lap time in the mid 1:23s (my best thus far had been a high 1:24).

Has anyone noticed you're a touch faster in shoot out mode?

nice job Tannat :up:

yeah the shootout if on a low fuel load and you can change your tires to be like a time trial run a 0 and 50%

harvick#1
11th April 2007, 00:26
I'm struggling right now in a race set-up.

with harder tires and fuel, I have been running mid 1m23's to low 1m24's :(

I'm just sliding on every turn and I just don't have enough track to hold me down

I am evil Homer
11th April 2007, 08:49
Tyres have gotta go hard no question - pitting here would be suicidal. I'm as quick with 90% hard as I am with 75%, so I may go for something around 85% o ensure fresh tyres at the end.

Lap times suffer though...we're talking handfuls of seconds per lap.

Maybe, just maybe it's possible to build a gap on softer rubber and pit, but it's a massive gamble.

tannat
11th April 2007, 16:50
With the handicap I may be competitive. Just turned a high 1:23 on a lap I'd call about 90%. Sometimes I miss the apex at Stowe, almost always go too deep at the left at Vale/Club, and never feel great about Abbey.

Is anyone getting through Brooklandswith just a lift? I always tap the brakes a bit, but it almost seems as if it could be done....

Cheers to JB and Harvick for their assistance :beer:

Brown, Jon Brow
11th April 2007, 19:33
With the handicap I may be competitive. Just turned a high 1:23 on a lap I'd call about 90%. Sometimes I miss the apex at Stowe, almost always go too deep at the left at Vale/Club, and never feel great about Abbey.

Is anyone getting through Brooklandswith just a lift? I always tap the brakes a bit, but it almost seems as if it could be done....

Cheers to JB and Harvick for their assistance :beer:

Assistance ?? :erm:

Brooklands is the second left hander in the stadium section? I brake a lot there (maybe thats where i'm losing time :idea: ) Or do you mean Priory which is easily flat?

tannat
12th April 2007, 00:12
Assistance ?? :erm:

Brooklands is the second left hander in the stadium section? I brake a lot there (maybe thats where i'm losing time :idea: ) Or do you mean Priory which is easily flat?

Nope, Brooklands. The second as mentioned.

I always feel as if I can carry more speed through there, although I brake ridiculously late for it..

And your assistance was of value to me (sector times are priceless when testing)

dcr22B
12th April 2007, 08:51
I sent my times to Peter last night and all in all, I'm very pleased with my performance.

In relation to Stowe, I don't brake for the corner and change from 6th to 5th at the 50m board and just ride the kerbs and pray!!!!!!

I am evil Homer
12th April 2007, 09:03
Yep - best way to keep the speed is soften the suspension to ride the curbs more.

Did my race last night as well. Qually went well and I set a good time. The race was always going to be tough on harder tyres, but the Falcon handled like a dream - the lap times were nowhere near my qualification time until about lap 10 when they really came good. Lasted pretty much all the way to the flag (I used 80% hard).

dcr22B
12th April 2007, 13:24
I went 85% on my tyres and they were fairly good but I fell down on my consistency to be honest. However, I think another top 10 finish is at least on the cars for me with the new "handicap" system.

tannat
12th April 2007, 18:45
I sent my times to Peter last night and all in all, I'm very pleased with my performance.

In relation to Stowe, I don't brake for the corner and change from 6th to 5th at the 50m board and just ride the kerbs and pray!!!!!!

Using an auto box if I get it just right I can stay flat.

But I'd wager you're carrying much more speed than I, dcr22B :D

Brown, Jon Brow
12th April 2007, 20:56
How much speed? On a good lap I'm at around 140mph.

tannat
12th April 2007, 22:36
At work now-will check telemetry when I'm home ;)

dcr22B
13th April 2007, 11:09

Good question John, I'm a km/h man myself when playing the PS2. I'm thinking I was holding something between 220-240km/h but I can double check.

johnny shell
13th April 2007, 16:02
run my race. can't say that I feel great about it. the AI was even giving me a hard time for a while!

I had some good laps in practice (time trial mode) but I just didn't feel I nailed it in race trim.

on to the next round I suppose!

tannat
13th April 2007, 16:52

Yeah-I'm about the same.

I'm approaching Stowe at 180.5 on a so-so lap (3/10ths down at first sector) in Time Trial mode. Speed drops from there al the way down to 140.8 due to tire scrub ands a slight lift (1000 rpms), before I track out and get back on the throttle. Fun curve!

Could probably dial out some understeer to be truly flat through there, but I need to work on race setup :D

Brown, Jon Brow
13th April 2007, 17:44
I've found a reason/excuse for my lack of speed recently. My controller is brocken. :mad: More accurately the left thumbstick is brocken, so I can't take right handers properly. I am going to try experimenting with the right thumbstick for steering.

tannat
13th April 2007, 18:05
I've found a reason/excuse for my lack of speed recently. My controller is brocken. :mad: More accurately the left thumbstick is brocken, so I can't take right handers properly. I am going to try experimenting with the right thumbstick for steering.

You're not having much luck with controllers lately, are you?
Isn't your wheel broken as well?

Be kind to your controllers, JB :D

harvick#1
13th April 2007, 18:27

mines broke too, my car will go left everytime on straights if I don't otuch my controller

Will L
13th April 2007, 18:46
Can I join in too

real_illusions
13th April 2007, 19:19
Can I join in too

sure..but only if you finish behind me ;) :p :

Choose a team/car from the game, a number, team name if different from the game and your country.

I will add you to the entry list to the website,and Peter will add you to the entry list. You need to pm your times for this round to Peter.

Good to have you aboard

Will L
13th April 2007, 19:28
Hold on a minute, just tell me which tracks and cars

Do you do DTM ?? I like DTM, dont like those V8 supercars that much .. can't control the beasts ! lol

Will L
13th April 2007, 19:33
I'll still join , even though i just realized youre doing V8

Is it a random number ???

Brown, Jon Brow
13th April 2007, 19:53
Any that hasn't been taken yet.

Peter Vuko - Holden - Supercheap Auto's - #1 - Australia
Geoff - Ford - FPR (Brighty's car ) - #6 - GBR
RaikkonenRules - Holden - Holden Racing - #8 - UK
Alfa Fan - Ford - Stone Bros Racing - #9 - GBR
Jonathan Brown - Ford - Stone Brothers Racing - #10 - GBR
Tannat - Holden - Castrol Racing Team - #11 - United States
BobZee - Ford - BOC team - #12 - Australia
Steven Vuko - Holden - HSV Toll Racing - #15 - Australia
Adam Sloma - Ford - Westpoint Racing - #19 - Poland
Harvick#1 - Holden - Spike Motorsports - #33 - United States
Steve Spackman- Ford -SK Performance Racing - #45 - GBR
Pudlea - Holden Commodore VZ - Super Cheap Auto Racing - #51 - GBR
c8nay - Ford - Britek Motorsport - #52 - GBR
Sanjay Kumar - Ford-SK Performance Racing -#54 - United States
Johnny Shell - Ford - Kentucky Fried Racing - #82 - United States
racer69 - Ford - Dick Johnson Racing - #83 - Australia
dcr22B - Ford - Team Vodafone/888 - #88 - Ireland
R_illusions - Holden - Castrol Team/Mobile Chicane Racing - #666 - GBR
Chris Finch - Ford - Betta Electrical - #888 - GBR

There is still a dtm championship

RaikkonenRules
13th April 2007, 20:40
I believe Todd Kelly's car isn't taken so there's a space open at Holden Racing.

Racer 69 runs a DTM series.

Will L
13th April 2007, 20:52
I'll take it

tannat
13th April 2007, 21:18
mines broke too, my car will go left everytime on straights if I don't otuch my controller

Are you guys on X Boxes?

harvick#1
13th April 2007, 22:24
PS2,

I've thrown my controller down one too many times from playing certain games ;)

Will L
14th April 2007, 11:06
I'm entering in this - do I just post a time trial time ??

I'll use that spare entry (Todd Kelly's) car , but it's the first time I've ever done something like this so I don't know what I'm supposed to do really.

Which times do I have to post ???

RaikkonenRules
14th April 2007, 11:41
Qualifying, Race Time and your fastest lap. Check the first post in this thread for race details.

chrisfinch
14th April 2007, 19:09
Once again I have to miss this round-P Vuko I am very sorry, but the mass of work and coursework has bogged me down over the worst easter holidays ever. But things may look up, I'm quitting my job and possiblt quitting college.

I will be here for round 3.

harvick#1
14th April 2007, 20:54
I will be doing my races today after the Busch race most likely :)

harvick#1
15th April 2007, 01:50
just finished my races.

I'm not encouraged by my race. the tires were good until lap 13, then they were just sliding everywhere. I ran a clean consistent race, as getting off the track is very easy at Silverstone. hoping to aleast score some points

Brown, Jon Brow
15th April 2007, 19:19
With 2 controllers brocken I used some ingenuity (sticky tape) to repair my steering wheel, but I still think that I'm faster with my normal controller.

I don't know what to expect from the race. I was 2.5seconds slower than in qualifying and got a trademark poor start, but once the tyers got some heat into them after lap 3 my laps were all within 1 second of each other :)

I had lots of oversteer and full opposite lock coming out of Abbey on every lap, which was fun :)

harvick#1
15th April 2007, 19:23
I'm buying a new controller hopefully this week. :)

its getting pretty bad too, the R2 button keeps getting jammed and the left joystick gets stuck goin left making the lefts easier, but the rights a pain in the ass

RALLY TEAM GB
16th April 2007, 14:50
i have worn out one of my xbox controllers after only 3 months..the left trigger (brake) keeps geting jammed..all those hours of 'left foot braking' on the rally games

Brown, Jon Brow
16th April 2007, 19:40
i have worn out one of my xbox controllers after only 3 months..the left trigger (brake) keeps geting jammed..all those hours of 'left foot braking' on the rally games

No wonder it broke if you were using your feet!!

Peter Vuko
17th April 2007, 12:09
Only 12 drivers made it to Silverstone for Rd 3. This is how they qualified:
Qualifying:
1.Homer(F)... 1m.19.69...5pts
2.S.Vuko(H).. 1m.20.15...4pts
3.P.Vuko(H).. 1m.20.16...3pts
4.J.B (F)...... 1m.20.90...2pts
5.BobZee(F).. 1m.21.11...1pt
6.harvick(F)... 1m.21.63
7.dcr22B(F)... 1m.22.46
8.J.Shell(F).... 1m.23.39
9.real(H)....... 1m.24.19
10.tannat(H).. 1m.24.59
11.Alfa(F) ......1m.25.77
12.Spackman(F) 1m.27.71
Homer showing the way in qualifying but the race would be using the handicap system for the first time - and it would make a difference!!!

Race Results:
1. Homer..........20m.35s......30pts
2. Vuko Snr......20m.46.23....26pts
3. harvick.........20m.46.31*..24pts
4. dcr22B.........20m.48s*.....22pts
5. Vuko Jnr.......20m.52.10....20pts
6. BobZee.........20m.52.53....18pts
7. tannat..........20m.59s**....16pts
8. real..............21m.01s*......14pts
9. J.B...............21m.06s........12pts
10.Alfa.............21m.19s**.......10pts
11.J.Shell..........21m.21s*........8pts
12.S.Spackman..22m.26s**.......6pts
*15sec handicap deducted
**25sec handicap deducted
FASTEST LAPS: 1. Homer 1m.20.82... 2.dcr22B 1m.21.89..3.P.Vuko 1m.22.05..
A good win to Homer - he was the quickest guy all weekend - good to see the handicap working well. Well done to harvick on a podium spot. The results have changed things at the top:
STANDINGS AFTER RD 3:
1.Vuko Snr.....85pts
2.Vuko Jnr.....82pts
3.Homer........79pts
4.BobZee.......71pts
5.J.B.............57pts
6.Muz............53pts
7.dcr22B.........44pts
8.harvick.........42pts
9.Sloma...........34pts
10.real............32pts
11.pudlea.........26pts
12.tannat.........20pts
13.J.Shell..........14pts
.....Mixa............14pts
15.Alfa..............10pts
16.Spackman.......6pts
17.racer69...........5pts
18.R/Rules............4pts
19.maxu05............1pt
20.c8nay..............0pts
....S.Kumer............0pts
....C.Finch.............0pts

Vuko Snr grabs the lead even though he has not won a Rd as yet. Next Rd is at Laguna Seca!!

harvick#1
17th April 2007, 12:23
:bounce:

Podium :eek:

well done Homer, you had a very good set-up and obviously know the track very well :up: congrats Vuko on 2nd

congrats Tannat on 7th good to see the help paid off :up:

I am evil Homer
17th April 2007, 12:41
Ha....yeah i've done two tracks days at the 'Stone :) Not in a V8 Supercar, that would be unreal!!

I thought race laps would be quicker with some of the top guys - my tyres were brilliant for about 2 laps in the middle where I seemed to find an extra half second before they started to fade.

Very close through the field - I think the handicap system was a great success and will work on all the other tracks. Shame Muz and Sloma were missing.

dcr22B
17th April 2007, 13:30
Very happy with my 4th place finish and surprised by my 2nd fastest lap although I can remember the lap in question being lap 9 and it being nigh on perfect for me!!!

Congrats to Homer, good to see the Falcon getting a win again!

I am evil Homer
17th April 2007, 14:02
More importantly I beat the aussies! Just to aid the Pommie pride before the inevitable happens and we crash out of the Cricket WC today :D :D

Brown, Jon Brow
17th April 2007, 14:13
I was probably the biggest victim of the handicapping :( In the next round can I have some time deducted. :D

real_illusions
17th April 2007, 14:51
wasn't a great race...even with the handicapping to aid me, i still wasn't expecting a decent result..and an 8th place confirms that.

Laguna seca up next...lets see if anyone can get all 4 wheels off the ground at the same time thru the corkscrew ;) :p :

Brown, Jon Brow
17th April 2007, 17:59
I all ready done a test run at Laguna Seca and managed a 1m05's. So I think that the best laps at the next round will be around the 1m02's. The track is a little unforgiving with the sand trap being so close to the track. You will need to drive very accurately in the race.

harvick#1
17th April 2007, 21:48
welcome to American Road Racing :D

tannat
17th April 2007, 21:54
:bounce:

congrats Tannat on 7th good to see the help paid off :up:

Cheers H-very nice drive to your podium :up:

Went to race tires and the times didn't come around. Never got below the low 1:25s for the entire race. Bit disappointed actually....

Never really have been fond of LSeca in any other sim (I always blow the corkscrew).

Ah well-bring it on....

Peter Vuko
17th April 2007, 22:41
I was pretty happy with 2nd spot - nothing between harvick & myself! Homer had a comfortable win. I think most of us found it difficult with harder tyres to achieve quick laps. I think the handicap system worked well. I will fine tune it even further for the next race. I've hit the lead in the series but won't be satisfied until I get a Rd victory!!

tannat
18th April 2007, 00:08
Only 12 drivers made it to Silverstone for Rd 3. This is how they qualified:
Qualifying:
1.Homer(F)... 1m.19.69...5pts
2.S.Vuko(H).. 1m.20.15...4pts
3.P.Vuko(H).. 1m.20.16...3pts
4.J.B (F)...... 1m.20.90...2pts
5.BobZee(F).. 1m.21.11...1pt
6.harvick(F)... 1m.21.63
7.dcr22B(F)... 1m.22.46
8.J.Shell(F).... 1m.23.39
9.real(H)....... 1m.24.19
10.tannat(H).. 1m.24.59
11.Alfa(F) ......1m.25.77
12.Spackman(F) 1m.27.71

Ummm.. were Q times generated in Qualifying mode or Time Trial mode?

harvick#1
18th April 2007, 00:52
mine in Q-mode. I only set it for 2 minutes guranteeing (sp?) 2 laps.

I ran my tires set for zero across the board for max. grip

tannat
18th April 2007, 02:40
mine in Q-mode. I only set it for 2 minutes guranteeing (sp?) 2 laps.

I ran my tires set for zero across the board for max. grip

Hadn't thought of that. Your fuel load was lower, I assume?

I ran softies, but a long session. Perhaps the lower weight would have given me a second or two.

Peter Vuko
18th April 2007, 02:46
Qualifying times should have been set in Qualifying mode BUT this will change from next Rd - qualifying will be set in time trial mode & times will need to be posted both on the Codemaster site & forum thread to be eligible for the qualifying pts - qualifying will be set over a given period of time prior to the race -I will reveal more on the Laguna Seca Preview - I think it will add an element of excitement!!

harvick#1
18th April 2007, 02:48
Hadn't thought of that. Your fuel load was lower, I assume?

I ran softies, but a long session. Perhaps the lower weight would have given me a second or two.

fuel load is basically empty, just like in time trial mode. thats how I run the laps

I am evil Homer
18th April 2007, 09:08
Qualifying times should have been set in Qualifying mode BUT this will change from next Rd - qualifying will be set in time trial mode & times will need to be posted both on the Codemaster site & forum thread to be eligible for the qualifying pts - qualifying will be set over a given period of time prior to the race -I will reveal more on the Laguna Seca Preview - I think it will add an element of excitement!!

Well I may as well withdraw from the championship then as I don't have internet at home - I post from work :D There's no point qualifiying if I don't meet the criteria to get the points.

Alfa Fan
18th April 2007, 10:41
We race with corner cutting off, just keeping to the forum rule of 2 wheels on track. In time trial mode (for submitting times to Codemasters) there is a draconian corner cutting system which makes it near impossible.

BobZee
18th April 2007, 10:44
I would hate to see u retire, Homer ! Couldn't you write down the time trial code and enter it on the Codies site at work?

Fairly happy with my result at Silverstone, but still room for improvement. Hopefully the BOC team will run 2 cars at Laguna Seca, with Muz having served his 2 week "ban" from the games room. ;)

I am evil Homer
18th April 2007, 11:10
Yeah maybe...does it generate a code even if your not actually connected at the time? I'll have to see at the weekend when I have a go in TT mode.

Alfa Fan
18th April 2007, 11:18
It does generate a code yes.

harvick#1
18th April 2007, 12:22
you can still post TT, its only a code. so just copy the code down on paper and put it on Codies at work

johnny shell
18th April 2007, 13:12
wow harv!!! way to go man!!! tanat had a nice run too!

I'd like to be able to blame my ****ty resuly on not enough practice tim in race trim or something, but I really just think I flat had a bad race. wasn't in top form at the time. in which case I don't deserve to do any better than I did.

but it sure was an exciting round, and I for sure think the handicapping system worked and added a cool twist to the round.

RaikkonenRules
18th April 2007, 19:01
What the next round is Laguna :( Another round I can't compete in :(