PDA

View Full Version : 2013 Malaysian Grand Prix Thread

Pages : [1] 2

steveaki13
17th March 2013, 08:45
Well with the first Race of the Season out of the way, we now only have a few days to wait until it all starts again for Round 2.

Drivers Championship standings after 1 Round
1. Kimi Raikkonen - 25 pts
2. Fernando Alonso - 18 pts
3. Sebastian Vettel - 15 pts
4. Feipe Massa - 12 pts
5. Lewis Hamilton - 10 pts
6. Mark Webber - 8 pts
7. Adrian Sutil - 6 pts
8. Paul di Resta - 4 pts
9. Jenson Button - 2 pts
10. Romain Grosjean - 1 pt

Constructors Standings ater 1 Round
1. Ferrari - 30 pts
2. Lotus - 26 pts
3. Red Bull - 23 pts
4. Mecedes - 10 pts
5. Force India - 10 pts
6. Mclaren - 2 pts

Malaysian Grand Prix, Sepang Circuit, Kuala Lumpar.

22nd-24th March

56 Laps.

Previous Winners a Sepang.
1999: Eddie Irvine - Ferrari
2000: Michael Schumacher - Ferrari
2001: Michael Schumacher - Ferrari
2002: Ralf Schumacher - Williams
2003: Kimi Raikkonen - Mclaren
2004: Michael Schumacher - Ferrari
2005: Fernando Alonso - Renault
2006: Giancarlo Fisichella - Renault
2007: Fernando Alonso - Mclaren
2008: Kimi Raikkonen - Ferrari
2009: Jenson Button - Brawn
2010: Sebastian Vettel - Red Bull
2011: Sebastian Vettel - Red Bull
2012: Fernando Alonso - Ferrari

Michael Schumacher - 3 wins
Fernando Alonso - 3 wins
Kimi Raikkonen - 2 wins
Sebastian Vettel - 2 wins
Eddie Irvine - 1 win
Ralf Schumacher - 1 win
Giancarlo Fisichella - 1 win
Jenson Button - 1 win

*Alonso could become most successful driver around here if he wins.

Ferrari - 6 wins
Red Bull - 2 wins
Renault - 2 wins
Mclaren - 2 wins
Williams - 1 win
Brawn - 1 win

* Ferrari are the masters around Sepang.

So there we go. Lets hope the Race isn't subject to a monsoon as normal.

jens
17th March 2013, 15:21
So let's start with memories again. :D

Eddie Irvine winning the first Malaysian Grand Prix definitely sticks to my memory. Schumacher dominated the qualifying by a full second. On those days I was very nervous before races, but Ferrari played the strategy beautifully to get Eddie in front. And Stewarts were fast, 4th and 5th. And I also instantly liked the Sepang circuit. One of my favourites till now.

2001 - what a mess. First corner crash, then both Ferraris going off, falling to the back, only to emerge at the front. Trulli leading for a few seconds before spinning off too. Spectacular drive by Verstappen, which sadly wasn't rewarded as in drying conditions superior cars passed him and pushed him out of points-paying positions.

2002 - another first corner crash, then Barrichello and McLarens retiring, which left Ralf Schumacher in front alone with a huge advantage. Button came back from a miserable 2001 season to run on a podium position for a long time, only to drop to 4th with a suspension problem in the last few laps.

2003 - Renault stunned in qualifying. I was over the moon, predicting the team would win the World Championship one day (well, in 2005 it happened). Another first corner crash, again involving Schumacher and sadly Trulli as well (I remember I was furious as to why Jarno couldn't ever get lucky).

2004 - Webber front row, Alonso and Sato spinning off. Race wasn't too bad by 2004 standards either. Montoya gave Schumi a run for his money. Button got his first podium. Kimi was running strongly as well before the - inevitable! - engine blow. I remember on Monday morning I re-watched this race on Finnish TV and commentators almost cried that Kimi had no luck.

2005 - I was stunned. I had missed the Australian Grand Prix, but then I saw Renault leading, Toyota was second. McLaren in midfield, Ferraris even behind Red Bulls. What was that?!

2006 - I was just happy Fisichella happened to get one race weekend right once in a while.

2007 - perhaps the most 'silent' Malaysian GP I have witnessed. Still Hamilton entertained us by outracing the Ferraris.

2008 - Kubica taking P2, Trulli running strongly to 4th.

2009 - a true wet weather chaos.

2010 - a qualifying chaos with all McLarens and Ferraris starting from the back of the grid!! How often have you seen that?

2011 - Vettel controlled the race, but behind him there was some interesting action. Heidfeld bouncing back strongly after Oz disaster, Hamilton and Alonso having an entertaining race.

2012 - another wet weather chaos. Alonso and Pérez having their legendary strong races.

So many interesting memories from a circuit I really like.

What is 2013 going to be like? Wet or dry? How much do the cars performance fluctuate across different circuits in 2013? Because in terms of temperatures and track characteristics Sepang is going to be a little bit different. Again Lotus, Ferrari and RBR going to fight for the win? Plus Mercedes in qualifying trim. Can Force India keep it up? Can McLaren and all the midfielders raise their game?

But there could be a twist in the story of the race weekend, like it has often happens in Malaysia.

rjbetty
17th March 2013, 15:55
Brilliant posts by both above. I don't have many memories to add to what Jens said! But here's some

1999: I agree. Michael was on scintillating form on his return. Back to his real self after in truth, a disappointing 1999 by his standards, even before the crash. It was a real novelty to see him doing team orders for Irvine!

2000: I just remember this being a nice race for some reason. Maybe it's because Ferrari had finally done it in the previous race - the dream had come true! Eddie Irvine scored a rare point for Jaguar. Johnny Herbert driving strongly in his final race, looking good for that 6th place, 'til a suspension failure put him out and injured him too. :(

2001: Wow how crazy, not really shown in the final result. Both Ferrari's spinning off together. Trulli and Coulthard doing the same at the hairpin. Villeneuve, Bernoldi and one other all going off together at turn 4. But I agree that it was the performance of Jos Verstappen from 18th on the grid that made this race memorable. He overtook both Frentzen and Hakkinen on merit and it even briefly looked like he could win.

2002: One of my favourite races here. Button running 2nd before losing out near the end - a real surprise as he had never gone well here til this point. Fisichella and Jordan were robbed of points by his own team-mate Sato: Out of all the drivers he could have hit! One of the nicest memories was Arrows dong very well; they were looking strong indeed with Frentzen starting 11th. Sadly problems left him well down the field. But the maligned Bernoldi showed well in the race: I remember really enjoying the 3 way fight between him, McNish and Massa for 6th place. Bernoldi looked very strong for that point till mechanical failure. Other memory: The performance of Toyota, with Salo qualifying 10th and McNish should have been around 13th. McNish was brilliant in the race, robbed of a point.

2003: Another brilliant race. Yeah it was sad for Trulli but I think he still came 5th after that! Jenson had another problem at the end dropping him to 7th behind Michael again. Heidfeld scored one of only 3pts finishes in '03 having qualified 6th. But Alonso and Raikkonen stole the show, as did David Coulthard who had a real strop after retiring from 2nd place.

2004: Webber's front row grid slot, wasted by a terrible start (hmmm sounds familiar), Sato and Alonso starting down the back. Yeah Jenson getting his podium and Montoya challenging Michael! Barrichello suffering by choosing the hard tyre while Michael went for soft - normally totally the wrong choice! Yet sure enough it was cooler than usual.

2005: Another great race - Toyota qualifying on the front row in the dry?!! Finishing there was utterly staggering, showing that Trulli's race pace was just fine when he was towards the front. I groaned as Fisi's championship chances went down the pan as something came loose from his car dropping him back to a collision with Webber - who took it badly. There was a memorable scrap which I so enjoyed between the Williams' and Ralf Schumacher. I really enjoyed Heidfeld on the podium and relished the unusual podium of Alonso, Trulli and Heidfeld. Also I was so pleased for Coulthard and Red Bull, performing VERY strongly again, DC having been at an all-time low after 2004. Anthony Davidson got to drive for BAR but only got to lap 3.

2006: Fisi winning! Though in truth he made a meal of it as usual and was fortunate not to be beaten by Alonso! Button was expected to win the race, showing how little people thought of Fisi. 4 or 5 cars got engine grid penalties. Heidfeld "monstered" Montoya for 4th before the engine blew right near the end. Massa beat Michael for 5th and there were no team orders.

2007: Ferrari not looking so dominant after all. Hamilton proving Australia was no fluke. Renault and Fisi doing badly being outqualified in 12th by Heikki, but he came 6th.

2010: Rosberg on the podium. Michael retiring after the start from 8th. Hulkenberg scoring his only point till a long time after.

2012: Not much needs to be said! I remember Michael easily beating Rosberg despite being hit by Grosjean on the first lap. NONE of Perez's podiums were flukey results Paul. Consider that in each of those drives, he was CHASING down the leaders like CRAZY. He was close to winning all three.

jens
17th March 2013, 16:06
2002: One of the nicest memories was Arrows dong very well; they were looking strong indeed with Frentzen starting 11th. Sadly problems left him well down the field. But the maligned Bernoldi showed well in the race: I remember really enjoying the 3 way fight between him, McNish and Massa for 6th place. Bernoldi looked very strong for that point till mechanical failure.

Wow, I don't even remember this though I remember Bernoldi re-overtaking M.Schumacher. :D And Toyota indeed had a stronger weekend than in Australia, threatening to hunt for points on merit this time, and showing positive signs of becoming a strong team.

A FONDO
17th March 2013, 16:17
Cant wait for it. My favorite track before India and Texas were built. And the TV times are much more normal than Aus. :)

Langdale Forest
17th March 2013, 16:48
Why isn't Sutil available as an option on the pickems?

steveaki13
17th March 2013, 16:54
2001 was one of my favourite races of all time. Dont know why but I have watched it again over the years a few times. This is one race where I can remember nearly everything.
I remember so much of the drama. Before the Parade Lap Montoya's Williams was left on the line, Frentzen got his Pit lane speed limiter stuck on and was trailing around and looking like starting last, but Fisi then lost his place on the Grid and parked across the track in the middle of the grid. Start was aborted and Frentzen and Montoya could retake their rightfu positions. (All this before the race started).

Then the race was go and Kimi was left on the line and Ralf Schumacher was spun by Barrichello I think and Ralf rejoined last.

Ralf then stormed through the backmarkers when Panis blew his engine, leaving oil at turn 6? The next lap rain came down and both Ferrari's headed off on the mix of oil and water and headed for the barrier.

I remember Brundle saying something like "Thats caused a few Heart Attacks back at Maranello"

Trulli then lead a Lap in the Jordan before the monsoon came. A lap later Trulli & DC 1st & 2nd went spinning off at the last corner. DC recovered and pitted in first. Monotoya spun off, the Heidfeld, Villeneuve & Bernoldi I think all went off at turn 4.

The Ferrari's pitted from about 3rd & 7th and Barrichello was in first, but the team had no wet tyres ready and had to go searching a bit like Europe 1999. Barrichello's stop took about 1 minute 10 seconds. Finally both he & Michael rejoined under the safety car 9th & 10th. Not before Barrichello Spun again.

Saftey pounded round as the track was a river. Then after about 12 Laps came in and Left DC leading, Frentzen, Verstappen, Hakkinen & Ralf Schumacher (something like that).

Straight away the Ferraris were overtaking the midfield around all sides. They had INters on while everyone else was on full wets. Frentzen was passed by Verstappen who closed on DC for the lead in the Arrows. Ralf passed Mika and Frentzen and soon the Ferraris were ready to pass all these cars in the next 5 Laps.

The Ferraris took up 1 & 2 and powered away. Leaving DC a lonely 3rd and Verstappen, Frenzten, Hakkinen and Ralf Schumacher having an epic scrap. Over 20 odd laps Jos da Boss, held off and repassed Frentzen and Hakkinen. While the fast Williams of Ralf stormed into 4th.

By the end Verstappen had to make one extra pit stop for Fuel leaving him on the lead Lap at the end but a heart breaking 7th.

The battle he had with Frentzen and Hakkinen had so much passing and repassing it was magic.

As for the other years.

2002 was notable for Montoya getting the first ever Drive Through Penalty after Schumi drove into him. (Never sure how that worked) and he came steaming through the pack to complete a 1-2. I remember as Jens said, Bernoldi repassing Michael and Jenson running 3rd in his Renault until Suspension issues let Schumacher past in the last couple of laps.

2003. - All what Jens & rjbetty said really. The Renaults 1-2 on the grid. Kimi claiming his first win and great comeback drives from Trulli & M. Schumacher after another first corner collision.

I seem to also recall Yoong actually outperformed Mark Webber for maybe the only time in his home race.

2004- So happy to see Button claim a Podium, and hoped Montoya would challenge Michael for the title, but it was not to be.

2005 - One of my best memories of this race was an epic battle between. Ralf Schumacher, Fisichella, Nick Heidfeld and Mark Webber. It ended with Webber and Fisi colliding and Heidfeld somewhere along the line passing 2 cars in 2 corners.
Also Red Bulls outracing the Ferrari's

2006- Dont recall much apart from Fisi winning.

2007 - Lewis announcing himself by passing both Ferrari's on the first Lap and then holding them off.

2009 - Jenson winning in a half distance crazy race. Also Kimi eating Ice Cream.

Recent races have slipped my mind. Dont know why.

Well I seem to have gone on a bit.

steveaki13
17th March 2013, 16:55
Why isn't Sutil available as an option on the pickems?

Not 100% sure, but he only got the drive at short notice. Maybe he hasn't been added yet?

Natalie.S
18th March 2013, 16:56
1999 stands out in my memory
Michael Schumacher driving circles around the competition whilst helping Irvine win the race
vintage Schumacher :)

Dave B
19th March 2013, 19:57

Eddie Irvine winning the first Malaysian Grand Prix definitely sticks to my memory. Schumacher dominated the qualifying by a full second. On those days I was very nervous before races, but Ferrari played the strategy beautifully to get Eddie in front. And Stewarts were fast, 4th and 5th. And I also instantly liked the Sepang circuit. One of my favourites till now.
Have I ever mentioned that I was there? Ok, maybe I bang on about it every year... :erm:

Anyway, Schumacher's pole lap was something special. Remember he'd been absent while his broken leg healed, yet halfway round his lap the crowd knew he was in a different class. He was inch perfect the whole way round, and I recall the hairs on the back of my neck tingling as he passed my seat. I also remember the debacle in the hotel bar that evening as the Ferrari was disqualified for illegal barge boards (only to be reinstated later). I was caught up in the friendly rivalry of his and Mika Hakkinen's fans and as a neutral observer I felt it my dity to have many many beers with both factions.

Dave B
19th March 2013, 20:13
PS: Malaysia 1999 is on Sky F1 right now :D

19th March 2013, 21:17
DÃ*o t?o lái xe ô tô uy tÃ*n, bao d?u. LH: 0937.85.9665

19th March 2013, 21:27
This season is off to a great start. Can't wait to see what Malaysia has in store for us... Alonso is going to be fighting for it.

rjbetty
19th March 2013, 22:26
This season is off to a great start. Can't wait to see what Malaysia has in store for us... Alonso is going to be fighting for it.

Don't ban me Jens, this one's talking sense!

Tazio
19th March 2013, 22:33
Don't ban me Jens, this one's talking sense!Yes, but I think Naomi may be lost. :p : ;)

steveaki13
20th March 2013, 07:27
I know its as useful as a chocolate fireguard but the weather on the Beeb says the usual showers (monsoon) late in the day on Friday and Saturday and Rain most of the day Sunday.

But it nearly always says that but its whether it will miss the race or be like 2001/2009

steveaki13
20th March 2013, 07:28
I know its as useful as a chocolate fireguard but the weather on the Beeb says the usual showers (monsoon) late in the day on Friday and Saturday and Rain most of the day Sunday.

But it nearly always says that but its whether it will miss the race or be like 2001/2009

BBC Weather : Kuala Lumpur (http://www.bbc.co.uk/weather/1735161)

henners88
20th March 2013, 07:46

As long as it doesn't rain as hard as 2009 I think it'll be fine. A bit of rain spices Malaysia up :)

The Black Knight
20th March 2013, 10:28

I still remember that race like it was yesterday. Schumacher drover the slowest race he possibly could and still was leading before leaving Irvine through. He did two stops to Irvine's 3 stop strategy. Schumacher backed Hakkinen up and allowed Irvine to jump Hakkinen in the pit stops. Hakkinen came out after the race saying it was the hardest race he had ever drove because Schumacher's driving was totally erratic in that he didn't know when Schumacher was going to break for a corner and he was breaking at different points every lap which made overtaking him impossible. This was all strategy by Schumacher to keep Hakkinen behind. I remember Ron Dennis coming out after the race saying that he felt the Ferrari's tires looked like slicks. I can't remember if they protested or not but if they did it was thrown out anyway.

Still, as far as I'm concerned, the true winner of that GP weekend has to be Michael Schumacher. Pole by 0.9 of a second, drove the slowest race he could and still could have won. Lets not forget either that it was his first race back after breaking his leg. He was mega. Still simply the greatest driver of all time, in my opinion. In those days he was just a class above everyone else.

keng
21st March 2013, 09:16
As long as it doesn't rain as hard as 2009 I think it'll be fine. A bit of rain spices Malaysia up :)

Its pouring here now in KL, the usual tropical thunderstorm at this hour in the evening :)

Dave B
21st March 2013, 20:46
I can't understand the move to a later start. It stormed 13 of the 14 days I spent in the country, and you could pretty much set you watch by it. Why anybody is surprised when the heavens open at race time is a mystery.

Now watch: bright sunshine and blue skies for the entire weekend! :p

Tazio
21st March 2013, 21:21
I can't understand the move to a later start. It stormed 13 of the 14 days I spent in the country, and you could pretty much set you watch by it. Why anybody is surprised when the heavens open at race time is a mystery.

Now watch: bright sunshine and blue skies for the entire weekend! :p I can, it is about the live broadcast time in Europe, no?!?!

steveaki13
21st March 2013, 21:31
I can, it is about the live broadcast time in Europe, no?!?!

Its about keeping Europeans happy while taking away our venues. :rolleyes: :(

Robinho
21st March 2013, 23:31
Its all very well, but not if the move means you have nothing to broadcast

Sent from the moon using a shoe

truefan72
22nd March 2013, 02:24
these extended dead zones in Q1 where nobody comes out on track are really a waste of everyone's times
either provide "friday only" tires or bring back 3rd drivers or something
but these lulls in action are ridiculous.

Teams like Mclaren, and williams should be out there pounding the laps to improve their cars

Tazio
22nd March 2013, 02:31
Yep, they're wasting my time ;)

Hawkmoon
22nd March 2013, 05:23

Now watch: bright sunshine and blue skies for the entire weekend! :p

It's so that you lot in the top half of the planet can wake up at a nice hour and have a cup of tea and a bacon butty while watching the race. ;)

truefan72
22nd March 2013, 06:07
stupid live timing is not working yet again

displaying "please wait"

Tazio
22nd March 2013, 06:24
yep!

gloomyDAY
22nd March 2013, 06:37
Hey guys! Check out this album: Photo Album - Imgur (http://imgur.com/a/dxUq2#0)

steveaki13
22nd March 2013, 07:34
You have to say on the whole Bianch looks good again, just 2.9 off the fastest time up until a while ago ahead of a Williams and nearly 2 seconds faster than Max Chilton.

steveaki13
22nd March 2013, 07:38
insert an "i" in that sentence somewhere

henners88
22nd March 2013, 07:38
Its about keeping Europeans happy while taking away our venues. :rolleyes: :(
And ironically our TV coverage as well!! lol

Mia 01
22nd March 2013, 09:04
So far so good Kimi!!

henners88
22nd March 2013, 09:33
I've got a good feeling about Kimi this year. He's quietly motivated and playing down the fact he has a great car even if the press are trying to sensationalise his comments. I hope Lotus can keep up with development and we'll see a second WDC from Kimi this year. We need a change in the order. :)

CaptainRaiden
22nd March 2013, 10:52
I've got a good feeling about Kimi this year. He's quietly motivated.

Yep. I feel as though Kimi has come of age and seems the happiest he's ever been driving for Lotus. He's learned to temper his natural driving ability with consistency and smoother driving too, part of the reason why he's excelling in that Lotus and Grosjean isn't, I guess. I for one am overjoyed that one of my favorite drivers is doing so well.

Of course, he could prove us all wrong and beach the Lotus in the gravel on Sunday...

As for the tyres, while I don't like that everything is governed by the tyres now and not the ultimate combination of a fast driver and a fast car, on the other hand I'm also quite satisfied as long as Red Bull are struggling we don't have to see another year with them dominating.

AndyL
22nd March 2013, 11:22
these extended dead zones in Q1 where nobody comes out on track are really a waste of everyone's times
either provide "friday only" tires or bring back 3rd drivers or something
but these lulls in action are ridiculous.

They already have friday-only tyres, just not enough of them: 2 sets of primes and one of options. Seems like they could really use at least one more set of each specification.

Right now they might as well shorten each Friday session to 45 minutes, and use the time to run some support races instead.

Mia 01
22nd March 2013, 11:40
I will give a promise. If Kimi wins the WDC this year I will also start cheering Lewis :)

henners88
22nd March 2013, 11:45
I will give a promise. If Kimi wins the WDC this year I will also start cheering Lewis :)
You should only support or cheer on who you think is worthy Mia. If you don't like Lewis and we know here you don't, you are not obliged to cheer him on. I've always supported Kimi since his first McLaren days, so its nice to see him back at the top after his lesser loved Ferrari stint. :)

dj_bytedisaster
22nd March 2013, 12:10
They already have friday-only tyres, just not enough of them: 2 sets of primes and one of options. Seems like they could really use at least one more set of each specification.

Right now they might as well shorten each Friday session to 45 minutes, and use the time to run some support races instead.

All we need is a tire supplier, who can build tires that last more than 30 miles...

wedge
22nd March 2013, 15:06
Yep. I feel as though Kimi has come of age and seems the happiest he's ever been driving for Lotus.

Personally I don't think he has come of age. More like Lotus suits him because of not dealing with the likes Ron The Don and LDM.

Tazio
22nd March 2013, 16:04
Personally I don't think he has come of age. More like Lotus suits him True, and Kimi is doing a fantastic job. :up:

Romain Grosjean is heading into his second weekend in a row without the benefit of the latest upgrades which Kimi Raikkonen has on his car.

Lotus technical director James Allison said only Kimi Raikkonen had the newest parts for the E21, as was also the case in Melbourne.

Asked about Grosjean’s performance in the opening race Allison said: “He’s not had an easy weekend either here or there because we haven’t got, we haven’t been able to provide, two cars of exactly the same configuration on either occasions.”Grosjean "disadvantaged" by lack of upgrades - F1 Fanatic (http://www.f1fanatic.co.uk/2013/03/22/grosjean-disadvantaged-lack-upgrades/)

If this was going on at Ferrari there would be all kinds of pissing and moaning going on on this forum. ;)

Knock-on
22nd March 2013, 16:17
And bloody right too ;)

Seriously though; why? I can understand for one race but two?

gloomyDAY
22nd March 2013, 16:31
Well, qualifying looks like it's going to be postponed due to rain once again.

Tazio
22nd March 2013, 16:49
Sepang Afternoon Weather - AccuWeather Forecast for Putrajaya Malaysia (http://www.accuweather.com/en/my/sepang/229918/afternoon-weather-forecast/229918?day=1)

I'm not getting the same reading, what is your source Glue?

donKey jote
22nd March 2013, 19:08
All we need is a tire supplier, who can build tires that last more than 30 miles...

that should be easy enough, specially without (tyre) competitors... all they'd need is the gnome to say "go"

DexDexter
22nd March 2013, 19:20
Yep. I feel as though Kimi has come of age and seems the happiest he's ever been driving for Lotus. He's learned to temper his natural driving ability with consistency and smoother driving too, part of the reason why he's excelling in that Lotus and Grosjean isn't, I guess. I for one am overjoyed that one of my favorite drivers is doing so well.

Of course, he could prove us all wrong and beach the Lotus in the gravel on Sunday...

As for the tyres, while I don't like that everything is governed by the tyres now and not the ultimate combination of a fast driver and a fast car, on the other hand I'm also quite satisfied as long as Red Bull are struggling we don't have to see another year with them dominating.

I disagree, Kimi is the same he was from day one. Not more motivated, not less. He's just got a great car and a team that cares about his driving, not his communication skills.

gloomyDAY
22nd March 2013, 20:00
Sepang Afternoon Weather - AccuWeather Forecast for Putrajaya Malaysia (http://www.accuweather.com/en/my/sepang/229918/afternoon-weather-forecast/229918?day=1)

I'm not getting the same reading, what is your source Glue?I was looking at The Weather Channel. They predicted a 60% chance of heavy showers around 1300, which would be the start of qualifying.

Tazio
22nd March 2013, 20:31
Quali starts at 16:00 local time, 01:00 PDT. From what I’ve read the predictions are for 5mm of rain. If that is accurate I don't think it is enough to postpone quali, but if there is substantially more it could :bulb:

steveaki13
22nd March 2013, 22:14
If one drop hits the circuit Quali will be abandoned.
Seriously though it is always an issue at Sepang.

Hope we get a full session.

gloomyDAY
22nd March 2013, 22:44
Quali starts at 16:00 local time, 01:00 PDT. From what I’ve read the predictions are for 5mm of rain. If that is accurate I don't think it is enough to postpone quali, but if there is substantially more it could :bulb: My bad, you're right. We'll see how thing pans out, but I'll be asleep.

gloomyDAY
22nd March 2013, 23:20
Pictures from Friday: Photo Album - Imgur (http://imgur.com/a/5tJF0#0)

Enjoy!

A FONDO
22nd March 2013, 23:51
Great stuff again, Gloomy. Keep posting it :)

N. Jones
23rd March 2013, 00:36
Wait. Wait. Wait.
I know this might not fit here but...

What is Bob Varsha doing on NBCSports????????????????? He said he wasn't going with the rest of the crew!

massafan
23rd March 2013, 01:16
He's replacing Diffey for just this race because D is covering the Indy race. I would love for him to be permanent.

truefan72
23rd March 2013, 03:42
If one drop hits the circuit Quali will be abandoned.
Seriously though it is always an issue at Sepang.

Hope we get a full session.

lol, how true

Charlie whiting will first postpone it for half and hour for fear of imminent rain
then another half an hour, then called off due to diminishing light

so much for those "european start times"

which means everyone this side of the atlantic, north, central and south, all have to watch qualy and he races at 4am onwards

truefan72
23rd March 2013, 03:43
He's replacing Diffey for just this race because D is covering the Indy race. I would love for him to be permanent.

me too

but glad to see the 3 back together

call_me_andrew
23rd March 2013, 04:51
What are the slick compounds this weekend? Super-soft and Medium again?

Tazio
23rd March 2013, 05:24
Medium and Hard

Tazio
23rd March 2013, 05:26
Ferrari and Redbull are the only teams not to use new engines this race.

dj_bytedisaster
23rd March 2013, 07:08
Sutil flying in FP3 again - jebus Christ on a pogo stick ...

steveaki13
23rd March 2013, 07:47
Morning Peeps.

Interesting 3rd practice times, what can we expect for Quali?

I think Felipe has a chance again of out qualifying Fernando again, Kimi & Seb are in the pole mix.

Sutil for a cheeky front 3 row slot. Bianchi to be within 0.5 of the cars ahead.

Lets see

donKey jote
23rd March 2013, 07:58
morning gurlz :D

Koz
23rd March 2013, 08:01
Vettel takes pole with 1:35.7.

steveaki13
23rd March 2013, 08:05
Morning Donkey :wave:

steveaki13
23rd March 2013, 08:11
Wow Sutil. The Force India looking fast

steveaki13
23rd March 2013, 08:23
Bianchi +1.6 to fastest. 0.6 to Vettel and 0.3 to Bottas.

That is another great performance.

Chilton 21st about 2.6 off not bad either.

donKey jote
23rd March 2013, 08:31
rain on the way ...

donKey jote
23rd March 2013, 08:33
rosberg pips hamilton, massa pips alonso :p

pino
23rd March 2013, 08:35
Rain arrived now is going to be tricky...

Dave B
23rd March 2013, 08:35
Here comes the rain again....

It's clearly slippery judging by Di Resta's excursion, but I hope they don't abandon the session this time. :s

Tazio
23rd March 2013, 08:37
morning persons ;)

donKey jote
23rd March 2013, 08:38
Ferrari just about made it in time, was close though :eek:

truefan72
early donkey of the weekend is DiResta's race engineer for calling him in, instead of banking a lap
:rolleyes:

honorable mention to Grosjeans side of the garage too, who seem to be not only disadvantaged with an inferior car, but with a poor strategist.
Then again this is the former Briattori team and they are used to shafting one side of the garage lol ;)

donKey jote
morning Alca-Vajazzle :kiss:

Dave B
Grosjean's body language when he got out of the car, P11 and no chance to improve in the damp, spoke volumes.

Tazio
23rd March 2013, 08:39
:kiss:

steveaki13
23rd March 2013, 08:40
So what time tomorrow will we meet for Q3. :p : :dozey:

truefan72
23rd March 2013, 08:43
will charlie delay q3 for 20 minutes?

donKey jote
23rd March 2013, 08:47
time to get out for a fast lap on inters :s

donKey jote
23rd March 2013, 08:50
outta tha way vettel :p

donKey jote
23rd March 2013, 08:51
it's slippy alright :uhoh:

donKey jote
23rd March 2013, 08:52
Rosy mountain !

Koz
23rd March 2013, 08:53
This should be interesting.

No one hindered by tyre selection tomorrow. Everyone starting on primes?

donKey jote
23rd March 2013, 08:53
Alo 1 thousandth quicker than Ham :eek:

donKey jote
23rd March 2013, 08:57
Kimi pink S1

donKey jote
23rd March 2013, 08:59
Alo pipped by Massa again :laugh:

pino
23rd March 2013, 09:00
Massa faster than Alonso !

donKey jote
23rd March 2013, 09:01
oh dear, it's squeal like a pig time again :s

steveaki13
23rd March 2013, 09:02
Seb on pole again. Good job (Unless Gary is reading this and then it was a S*** Job)

truefan72
23rd March 2013, 09:02
damn

anyway, i am encouraged by p4 for Hamilton, plus he saved one set of inters
we will see how the race turns out
Massa doing better than Alonso yet again

pino
23rd March 2013, 09:03
It's going to be a great start tomorrow :D

donKey jote
23rd March 2013, 09:04
Massa faster than Alonso !

and in the wet ! :crazy: :up:

Tazio
23rd March 2013, 09:04
Oh dear :uhoh: :p :

steveaki13
23rd March 2013, 09:07
I saw Seb talking to Felipe. Probably saying "Take Fred out Felipe, go on son take him out and I will take you on for the Championship.

truefan72
23rd March 2013, 09:08
my prediction

Massa first into the corner
Alonso also passes Vettel; as they touch slightly
Vettels' car slightly compromised and after a few laps, Hamilton gets by

Massa builds a comfortable 2-3 second lead, and then controversy ensues as Alonso is heard over the radio saying he is "faster" than massa
but this time Massa ignores the messages and goes about his business.
After a "botched" pitstop, Alonso is ahead of Massa, with Hamilton in p2
then it starts to rain...
and its anybody's guess what happens from there

A FONDO
23rd March 2013, 09:38
Seb on pole again. Good job (Unless Gary is reading this and then it was a S*** Job)

Did you watch the full onboard of his best lap?

pino
23rd March 2013, 09:41
With a such great car...just an ordinary job for Vettel :p :

tfp
23rd March 2013, 09:46
Good to see massa outqualifying fred again!

Knock-on
23rd March 2013, 10:47
I can understand Nico being a second behind Lewis and Checo being a second behind Jenson. Fred being out qualified by Massa again was a surprise but WTF is Webber doing 2.5 seconds back from Seb???

zako85
23rd March 2013, 11:48
I haven't enjoyed these qualis much. The rain and tire degradation both had a huge effect on being able to judge who really is the fastest driver and car. It's like throwing the darts to see who starts first. Personally, I would have appreciated such unpredictability some time _past_ the mid-year, and only in a few races.

CaptainRaiden
23rd March 2013, 11:50
Räikkönen hit with three-place grid penalty - GPUpdate.net (http://www.gpupdate.net/en/f1-news/292186/raikkonen-hit-with-three-place-grid-penalty/)

Räikkönen hit with three-place grid penalty

Kimi Räikkönen has been hit with a three-place grid penalty for the Malaysian Grand Prix, with the Finn adjudged to have blocked Mercedes's Nico Rosberg in qualifying.

The Lotus driver, who set the seventh fastest time, was deemed to have impeded Rosberg at Turn 14. The 2007 World Champion will now start Sunday afternoon's race from tenth on the grid, promoting Jenson Button, Adrian Sutil and Sergio Pérez.

Rosberg's starting position will remain unchanged, with the German qualifying sixth.

Great. :mad:

This makes it easier for Vettel and the Ferraris. Still Kimi has a pretty good chance at a win though, if he can extract as much pace as he could in Australia on worn tyres. Plus, it's easier to pass here at Sepang.

Lewis could have an outside chance at the podium, if their long run pace is in fact as good as he was saying after practice.

Fingers crossed for Kimi and Lewis.

zako85
23rd March 2013, 11:51
Fred being out qualified by Massa again was a surprise but WTF is Webber doing 2.5 seconds back from Seb???

If you watched the last few races of 2012, I don't understand how Massa outqualifying Alonso is a surprise. As for Webber losing to Seb, that's not surprise at all. Granted, as I mentioned in my other post, rain and unpredictable tire degradation really took a toll on these qualis. It will take a while to see a real perking order in this championship.

Dave B
23rd March 2013, 13:26
On which lap will Ferrari allow Alonso past Massa? ;)

rjbetty
23rd March 2013, 14:30
Q1:
1.Sutil 1:36.809
2.Raikkonen +0.150
3.Rosberg +0.430
4.Alonso +0.505
5.Grosjean +0.554
6.Button +0.678
7.di Resta +0.684
8.Hamilton +0.704
9.Webber +0.810
10.Perez +0.893
11.Gutierrez +0.898
12.Massa +0.903
13.Ricciardo +0.913
14.Maldonado +1.058
15.Vettel +1.091
16.Hulkenberg +1.122
17.Vergne +1.348
18.Bottas +1.398
19.Bianchi +1.625
20.Pic +2.505
21.Chilton +2.863
22.van der Garde+3.123

Just look how close Bianchi was to Q2! Another 0.504sec would have got him in.

Q2:
1.Rosberg 1:36.190
2.Webber +0.259
3.Hamilton +0.327
4.Raikkonen +0.450
5.Sutil +0.644
6.Massa +0.684
7.Alonso +0.687
8.Button +0.927
9.Vettel +1.055
10.Perez +1.152
11.Grosjean +1.446
12.Hulkenberg +1.935
13.Ricciardo +2.632
14.Gutierrez +3.031
15.di Resta +8.319
16.Maldonado No Time

Q3:
1.Vettel 1:49.674
2.Massa +0.913
3.Alonso +1.053
4.Hamilton +2.025
5.Webber +2.570
6.Rosberg +2.845
10.Raikkonen* +3.296
7.Button +3.501
8.Sutil +3.765
9.Perez +4.462

*Grid Penalty

TheFamousEccles
23rd March 2013, 14:34
With the weather and track conditions being as unpredictable as they are, I think it is too hard to predict. Vettel's Q3 time was nearly 12.4 seconds shy of his Q2. Six other drivers were faster in Q2 - what does that indicate?

I'm so confused.

wedge
23rd March 2013, 14:41
Räikkönen hit with three-place grid penalty - GPUpdate.net (http://www.gpupdate.net/en/f1-news/292186/raikkonen-hit-with-three-place-grid-penalty/)

Great. :mad:

This makes it easier for Vettel and the Ferraris. Still Kimi has a pretty good chance at a win though, if he can extract as much pace as he could in Australia on worn tyres. Plus, it's easier to pass here at Sepang.

Lewis could have an outside chance at the podium, if their long run pace is in fact as good as he was saying after practice.

Fingers crossed for Kimi and Lewis.

Nico caught traffic at the wrong place and wrong time.

Kimi was passing traffic (FI?) into the penultimate corner and still left room on the apex!

What an absolutely daft penalty. Who's the driver rep this weekend? Another fine job by the stewards.

DexDexter
23rd March 2013, 14:54
Very difficult to predict who is going to be the favourite tomorrow. One thing is pretty evident, if there is rain, Lotus will not feature, they have trouble getting tires to work in damp conditions.

dj_bytedisaster
23rd March 2013, 15:15
I'm really getting fed up with Pirelli. Half the field can't make these rubber jokes work in the dry, while Kimi can, but in the wet Kimi can't make them work for toffee while suddenly Force India whoop everybody's arse when it's wet. So basically, it's completely irrelevant what sort of car you designed, Pirelli and the wheather will decide where you end up. It's a trucking favesty. *facepalm*

zako85
23rd March 2013, 15:20
Please bring the tire competition back. I really like to see tires that are designed to win the race, not make a "show".

AndyL
23rd March 2013, 15:26
Pirelli are in a development race against the teams aren't they. As the teams get better at preserving the tyres, Pirelli have to develop even softer rubber. It seems they've got to the point now where even a brief lock-up can completely wipe off the tread of the tyre. Hamilton and Perez both had some pretty alarming tyre damage after lock-ups today.

steveaki13
23rd March 2013, 15:49
F1 isn't half the sport it was 10 years ago backwards to 1950.

A FONDO
23rd March 2013, 15:52
Please bring the tire competition back. I really like to see tires that are designed to win the race, not make a "show".

I really like to see drivers pushing all the time, pitting for a change as many times as needed. Last year was a total disgrace, top guns pushing for a total of 5 laps of the whole race and rest of the time cruising at 70-80%. And guys starting below P10 almost always tried one stop. Shortening tyres' life doesnt't solve the problem, just extends it, but is still something.

Wasted Talent
23rd March 2013, 15:52
Well I'm happy with the tyres as they are....

Drivers and engineers are having to think about tyre usage during qualy and the races. Yes, things get mixed up a little at times, but this is much better than the bore-fest we used to get with long lasting tyres, no DRS and no KERS.

By mid-season the teams will be on the top of the tyres and by the end we will be back to one stops and the best driver/car combinations will be at the top of the championships - just like last year

WT

rjbetty
23rd March 2013, 16:28
FORM GUIDE SO FAR

Here are the qualifying positions of all the drivers after 2 races, and their average position too. Now we are getting more of an idea of how things stand:

1.Vettel - 1st, 1st = 1.0
2.Massa - 4th, 2nd = 3.0
3.Webber - 2nd, 5th = 3.5
4.Hamilton - 3rd, 4th = 3.5
5.Alonso - 5th, 3rd = 4.0
6.Rosberg - 6th, 6th = 6.0
7.Raikkonen - 7th, 7th = 7.0
8.Button - 10th, 8th = 9.0
9.Grosjean - 8th, 11th = 9.5
10.Sutil - 12th, 9th = 10.5
11.Hulkenberg - 11th, 12th = 11.5
12.di Resta - 9th, 15th = 12.0
13.Perez - 15th, 10th = 12.5
14.Ricciardo - 14th, 13th = 13.5
15.Vergne - 13th, 17th = 15.0
16.Gutierrez - 18th, 14th = 16.0
17.Maldonado - 17th, 16th = 16.5
18.Bottas - 16th, 18th = 17.0
19.Bianchi - 19th, 19th = 19.0
20.Chilton - 20th, 21st = 20.5
21.Pic - 22nd, 20th = 21.0
22.van der Garde - 21st, 22nd = 21.5

DexDexter
23rd March 2013, 19:39
I'm really getting fed up with Pirelli. Half the field can't make these rubber jokes work in the dry, while Kimi can, but in the wet Kimi can't make them work for toffee while suddenly Force India whoop everybody's arse when it's wet. So basically, it's completely irrelevant what sort of car you designed, Pirelli and the wheather will decide where you end up. It's a trucking favesty. *facepalm*

Pirelli are doing a great job. If the car is irrelevant, how come we have Red Bulls, Ferraris, Mclarens and Lotus at the front? Pirelli could produce a perfect tire, in which case we would see Red Bull winning most of the races easily and then everybody would complain how boring the races are. I've followed F1 since 1982 and IMO it's better than ever. I've seen way too many races were you know who is going to win even before the start.

I really like to see drivers pushing all the time, pitting for a change as many times as needed. Last year was a total disgrace, top guns pushing for a total of 5 laps of the whole race and rest of the time cruising at 70-80%. And guys starting below P10 almost always tried one stop. Shortening tyres' life doesnt't solve the problem, just extends it, but is still something.

We've had that era in F1 and that resulted in totally predictable races which would in this day and age turn people away from the sport and kill it.

With tire competition lap times would drop so drastically that the cars would become too quick in no time.

rjbetty
23rd March 2013, 20:16
Somebody should tell Sauber and Williams that pre-season testing is over now and it's time to stop sandbagging. :(

gloomyDAY
23rd March 2013, 20:20
I wonder how Ferrari are going wreck Massa's race this time. Like Ted said, Ferrari left Massa out on track "with his worn tires in his hand" at Australia before his second stop.

steveaki13
23rd March 2013, 21:02
Somebody should tell Sauber and Williams that pre-season testing is over now and it's time to stop sandbagging. :(

I know.

As you said in jest in the FGP thread, Williams have built a real shed and the Sauber that looked so stunning at the launch and it seems the second worst car of the established teams.

Such a shame

dj_bytedisaster
23rd March 2013, 21:02
I wonder how Ferrari are going wreck Massa's race this time. Like Ted said, Ferrari left Massa out on track "with his worn tires in his hand" at Australia before his second stop.

If nothing else helps they're going to do it as blatantly obvious as Germany 2010 or Austin 2012.

Mia 01
23rd March 2013, 21:08
If you watched the last few races of 2012, I don't understand how Massa outqualifying Alonso is a surprise. As for Webber losing to Seb, that's not surprise at all. Granted, as I mentioned in my other post, rain and unpredictable tire degradation really took a toll on these qualis. It will take a while to see a real perking order in this championship.

Felipe is, if not hindered, much faster than the samurai.

dj_bytedisaster
23rd March 2013, 21:14
I wouldn't go that far. Fernando isn't slowpoke Rodriguez, but Massa can beat him if things go right. I think at the moment Ferrari has by far the strogest lineup.

donKey jote
23rd March 2013, 21:14

yep, so is Grosjean :p :andrea:

donKey jote
23rd March 2013, 21:15
I wouldn't go that far. Fernando isn't slowpoke Rodriguez, but Massa can beat him if things go right. I think at the moment Ferrari has by far the strogest lineup.

it's good to see Massa finally hit form again. About time too !

steveaki13
23rd March 2013, 21:21
Felipe Baby rocks once more after 3-4 years

Tazio
23rd March 2013, 22:54

Dream on dude/babe :confused: :p :

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-41fPwfPdxAQ/UQYMrsa7OuI/AAAAAAAABxE/XUgyYzkC3sY/s1600/640FAkatanasword.jpg

F1Design by Mia
Is this your work Mia?

truefan72
23rd March 2013, 23:32
yep, so is Grosjean :p :andrea:

agreed, I'm not sure what's going on at Lotus, but in equal machinery, I think Grosjean is right there if not a tiny bit quicker on raw pace with Kimi.

donKey jote
23rd March 2013, 23:41
I'm afraid you may have just incurred the wrath of mia :eek: :vader: :devil: :p
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_NtOfqK5o_Ic/Sjk2qBPVoGI/AAAAAAAAAbc/CKYWAQzR8JY/s320/khan-320x240.jpg

Ranger
24th March 2013, 00:17
I can understand Nico being a second behind Lewis and Checo being a second behind Jenson. Fred being out qualified by Massa again was a surprise but WTF is Webber doing 2.5 seconds back from Seb???

He mistimed his final out-lap and missed starting his final flying lap.

call_me_andrew
24th March 2013, 01:53
A tire war would be great, but I'll take a Pirelli monopoly over a Bridgestone monopoly.

Are people really suggesting F1 not race in the rain anymore?

kfzmeister
24th March 2013, 02:37
Vettel's gonna have his mirrors full down to turn one. Those Ferrari's are gonna breathe down his neck. Alonso's gonna lead by turn 4. Kimi doesn't have a chance to win tomorrow, given his 3 spot penalty. Gonna be a great race :D

Ranger
24th March 2013, 02:58
Kimi doesn't have a chance to win tomorrow, given his 3 spot penalty. Gonna be a great race :D

Don't be so sure.

aryan
24th March 2013, 04:14

Mark's radio wasn't working, so he didn't get the call to go for a new set of Inters. Seb did, and got fresh rubber, Mark stayed out on old rubber, hence the difference.

They've been team-mates now for long enough that we know that Mark can match Vettel about 45% at least in quali. Last year the quali results were only 11-9 in Seb's favour.

gloomyDAY
24th March 2013, 06:15
I can't believe Kimi got a penalty for this: Malaysia 13 Qualifying - Raikkonen Rosberg Blocking Incident - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hi132JOAuqw) !!

Where was Kimi supposed to go with Sutil next to him? I guess Kimi should have used The Matrix to get out of Rosberg's way.

rjbetty
24th March 2013, 06:27
I can't believe Kimi got a penalty for this: Malaysia 13 Qualifying - Raikkonen Rosberg Blocking Incident - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hi132JOAuqw) !!

Where was Kimi supposed to go with Sutil next to him? I guess Kimi should have used The Matrix to get out of Rosberg's way.

Wow! Indeed, I have no idea what Kimi could have done that would have been safe! Brings to mind Senna at that Suzuka chicane in 1989.

Thanks for posting that. :)

Tazio
24th March 2013, 06:38
Lotus reported that Raikkonen only impeded the Mercedes accidentally because he was suffering from a hydraulics problem.

The team are yet to decide whether to lodge an appeal.

It's clear from the video that Kimi was on the racing line causing NR to lift. That's blocking!

gloomyDAY
24th March 2013, 06:57
It's clear from the video that Kimi was on the racing line causing NR to lift. That's blocking!Oh, please! That's merely bad luck, and nothing intentional. What the hell was Kimi supposed to do? Sutil was next to Kimi, and Rosberg closing up on them both at a higher rate of speed.

Edit: Go to bed Taz. It's passed midnight. :p 1am race start? Ha! I'm going to sleep.

Tazio
24th March 2013, 07:12
The Stewards found that Rosberg, who qualified 6th, had been unnecessarily hindered between Turns 12 and 15 by Raikkonen.Formula 1® - The Official F1® Website (http://www.formula1.com/news/headlines/2013/3/14399.html) :dozey:

Edit: Go to bed Taz. It's passed midnight. 1am race start? Ha! I'm going to sleep.

Edit: I'm going to watch the race live thank you, sorry you can't hang. Goodnight sweet prince ;)

Tazio
24th March 2013, 07:21
#F1 storm watch #Sepang 14:36 MYT: Large, heavy cell to the NE (approx 15 miles) now slowly enveloping towards the circuit.

http://i.imgur.com/jfDOtEW.jpg

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BGGnlRKCMAApFEn.jpg:large

Tazio
24th March 2013, 07:35
It's raining like a son of a gun :eek:

Dave B
24th March 2013, 07:40
Chilton, Maldonado, and one of the Toro Rosso's have all spun off on the way to the grid! :eek:

Tazio
24th March 2013, 07:42
Bottas damaged the FW :eek:
This is going to play into Vettel's hands methinks.

donKey jote
24th March 2013, 07:47
morning gurlz :D

steveaki13
24th March 2013, 07:53
Bottas damaged the FW :eek:
This is going to play into Vettel's hands methinks.

What? Bottas damaging his front wing will help Vettel. :eek:

steveaki13
24th March 2013, 07:53
Morning everyone.

steveaki13
24th March 2013, 07:54
No rain predicted really, but at Sepang that only means it will probably rain

Dave B
24th March 2013, 07:58
All the front-runners starting on inters, no great surprise.

Edit: everybody on inters.

donKey jote
24th March 2013, 07:58
oops double post :)

Tazio
24th March 2013, 07:59
I'm watching a (pirate) Sky TV stream on "BossTV", no kidding :p :

What? Bottas damaging his front wing will help Vettel.
Whoops, I meant the rain :o

pino
24th March 2013, 07:59
Here we gooooo !

steveaki13
24th March 2013, 08:01
I'm watching a (pirate) Sky TV stream on BossTV, no kidding :p :

Whoops, I meant the rain :o

Ah. Now I understand.

Strange surface in Malaysia. You can really see any dampness around the light coloured surface but it is actually wet.

rjbetty
24th March 2013, 08:01
They'd better not stop this race just because there's some H20 around the place!

steveaki13
24th March 2013, 08:02
Will anyone pit for drys before the start.

No doesnt look like it. Too wet

donKey jote
gogoogogogooooo

Koz
Party time!

rjbetty
Anyone listening to JA & GA on 5 Live?

donKey jote
24th March 2013, 08:03
ooooooooo alonso got hit :(

steveaki13
Alonso damage.

Wow

donKey jote
arse !

dj_bytedisaster
24th March 2013, 08:04
ooooooooo alonso got hit :(

nope, he ran into Vettel's back

rjbetty
Oh Alonso broke his front wing?

The race has only just started at 8:05 for me. I guess they're on a 5 min delay. That means you lot are 5 mins ahead of me... :(

Koz
Alonso doesn't care!

donKey jote
alo idiot of the race

steveaki13
24th March 2013, 08:05
Damn Ferrari botching Massa's start for Alonso whos out now?????

henners88
24th March 2013, 08:05
Hmmm should have come in Alonso!
Shame.

rjbetty
24th March 2013, 08:06
Wonder if Bianchi can grab a point today!

pino
Crap !

donKey jote
oh well, go Massa, show us what you can do :D

steveaki13
Alonso trying to get a push. I assume he didnt?

henners88
24th March 2013, 08:07
At least now the Ferrari team will be working for Massa now.

AndyL
24th March 2013, 08:08
What an error by Ferrari.

Tazio
24th March 2013, 08:08
What a donkey :dozey:

donKey jote
24th March 2013, 08:09
nope, he ran into Vettel's back

brake tested :andrea: :p

Koz
24th March 2013, 08:10
That move deserves donkey of the season.

Garry Walker
24th March 2013, 08:11
That is just amazing how races fall into the hands of a certain RB driver - He sucks on dry, he uses wet setup, it rains. Not to mention his biggest rivals get screwed. Unbelieveable luck.

Great decision by Ferrari and Alonso to stay out, very well thought out.

Dave B
24th March 2013, 08:12
Alonso could have pitted and still picked up points. Idiot!

steveaki13
24th March 2013, 08:12
Vettel first in

rjbetty
24th March 2013, 08:13
Vettel first in

This is news to me, I seem to be 5 minutes behind here. :D

Koz
24th March 2013, 08:13
Mark don't pit!

Dave B
24th March 2013, 08:14
That is just amazing how races fall into the hands of a certain RB driver - He sucks on dry, he uses wet setup, it rains. Not to mention his biggest rivals get screwed. Unbelieveable luck.

Great decision by Ferrari and Alonso to stay out, very well thought out.
Nurse! He's out of bed again! :p

Koz
24th March 2013, 08:15
Force India! OMG!

Koz
24th March 2013, 08:16
Hamilton! Ahaha!

donKey jote
Ham loses his way :laugh:

dj_bytedisaster
LOL, Lewis

henners88
24th March 2013, 08:17
Hahahaha Lewis just pulled in to McLaren!!
So funny

pino
Hamilton drove into McLaren pit LOL

steveaki13
Opps Lewis nearly pulling into Mclaren. No Lewis your a Mercedes driver now

dj_bytedisaster
ROFL

donKey jote
24th March 2013, 08:18
that's what I call an unsafe release :eek:

Robinho
Lewis forgets who is driving for

Sent from the moon using a shoe

steveaki13
Toro Rosso unsafe release. Donkeys just wiped out Caterham

henners88
I seem to Remember Button doing that to Red Bull in 2010.... He didn't ever drive for them though did he? lol

donKey jote
24th March 2013, 08:21
I wasn't watching Massa... how did he lose 20 seconds on the red bulls? :confused:

pino
24th March 2013, 08:23
Ferrari fault as usually donkey :rolleyes:

Tazio
24th March 2013, 08:24
Lewis forgets who is driving for

Sent from the moon using a shoeHe probably wanted to see if Nicole had snuck over there :p :

donKey jote
24th March 2013, 08:25
balls... pitted too late?

Tazio
24th March 2013, 08:28
Igornado off-roading again!

steveaki13
24th March 2013, 08:28
Pastor Donkey number 4

gm99
24th March 2013, 08:29
Maldonado working on his reputation again :)

donKey jote
24th March 2013, 08:34
turning into a procession... time for some rain or tyre wear :p

Koz
24th March 2013, 08:36
Kimi's Lotus is scary fast! If his tyres hold out long enough a top 5 may still be on the cards.

steveaki13
24th March 2013, 08:37
turning into a procession... time for some rain or tyre wear :p

Or a Re Vamp so DRS makes you 60kph faster along a straight.

donKey jote
Massa stuck behind Hulk :(

Koz
Webber screwed yet again?

donKey jote
24th March 2013, 08:38
perfect bull stop for webber

rjbetty
24th March 2013, 08:38
I'm keeping my eyes on Kimi and his gap to the front. 28.1sec now.

donKey jote
24th March 2013, 08:39
I hope Massa is saving his tyres and not just being slow :dozey:

donKey jote
24th March 2013, 08:39
doh

donKey jote
24th March 2013, 08:41
Ham gets it right this time :p

gm99
24th March 2013, 08:41
Loads of donkeys today - Force India pit crew the next candidate.

henners88
24th March 2013, 08:44
Loads of donkeys today - Force India pit crew the next candidate.
Its just a scrappy race for all it seems. Ferrari and Alonso are the only ones who stand out for not pitting with an obviously damaged front wing. That takes a bit of beating so far IMO.

steveaki13
did Paul di Resta get going again.

steveaki13
Force India WTF.

donKey jote
24th March 2013, 08:45
Force India runs out of guns for FL :(

henners88
Mechanical issue relating to the wheel spindle it seems.

donKey jote
Its just a scrappy race for all it seems. Ferrari and Alonso are the only ones who stand out for not pitting with an obviously damaged front wing. That takes a bit of beating so far IMO.

clearly the donkey award winners... from potential win to 0 !

Tazio
24th March 2013, 08:46
Major donkage for FI

henners88
24th March 2013, 08:47
rub it in, you donkey ! :p
More Ferrari than Alonso, he probably had no idea his wing was angled like that. It would have been more exciting with him in the mix here and its a shame :)

steveaki13
24th March 2013, 08:47
Red Bulls piling up ad Mercedes hunting them down.

donKey jote
24th March 2013, 08:49
red bull team orders, anyone? :andrea: :p

steveaki13
24th March 2013, 08:49
Red Bull screwing Marks race, by putting the medium tyres on.

donKey jote
24th March 2013, 08:50
holdem up Webbo :D :dozey:

Garry Walker
24th March 2013, 08:51
Can you imagine how much Helmut Marko and Horner must be hoping for a car failure right now?

rjbetty
24th March 2013, 08:51
BACKMARKER UPDATE AFTER LAP 24:

Bianchi already 15th, but 46sec off 10th place (+1.9sec per lap), and 15sec off Bottas

donKey jote
24th March 2013, 08:52
vettel doing an alonso :eek:

"get him out the way, he's too slow"

Koz
Get him out of the way?

Garry Walker
What a failure of a man that scumbag is.

henners88
24th March 2013, 08:53
Seb: 'Mark is too slow get him out of the way, he's too slow'

Overtake him then !! :p

Garry Walker
24th March 2013, 08:54
Sadly, no special pace from Lotus today. RedBull and Mercedes are clearly faster.

rjbetty
24th March 2013, 08:54
Ah, the memories of Fisichella and Alonso... :)

Fisichella had a very convenient car failure at Montreal 2005.

Hey, maybe Vettel will lose his rag and end up crashing out!!

Tazio
24th March 2013, 08:55
FI take over in the Donkey race!

Garry Walker
24th March 2013, 08:56
Hey, maybe Vettel will lose his rag and end up crashing out!!

Hopefully.

donKey jote
mechanical failure is surely Force Majeure for force india though...

steveaki13
Overtake him then !! :p

Can only do that with DRS, better tyres or team orders.

rjbetty
24th March 2013, 08:57
Last year's almost winner Perez is 10th on lap 27, +31.7sec off the lead and +17.4sec off team-mate Button...

Aww I hear Kimi's car may be a little damaged from going off earlier. :(

Garry Walker
Risky call by mercedes and Ham.

donKey jote
Vettel almost collected ham, too :p

donKey jote
24th March 2013, 08:59
where the heck is Massa in all this :mad:

henners88
24th March 2013, 08:59
Can only do that with DRS, better tyres or team orders.
If that's the case Mark is not too slow then. Its racing and you pick your opportunities.

donKey jote
24th March 2013, 09:00
no pitpass :D

Koz
24th March 2013, 09:00
Come on Barbie!

henners88
24th March 2013, 09:01
Come on Rosberg!!

henners88
24th March 2013, 09:03
Unsafe release by Ferrari

donKey jote
24th March 2013, 09:04
pink for barbie :D

henners88
24th March 2013, 09:04
Webber is having a blinder. Nice to see after the criticism lately. :)

donKey jote
24th March 2013, 09:06
button donkey :(

henners88
McLaren pitstop woes..... It beggars belief!

donKey jote
balls

rjbetty
Raikkonen seems a little disappointing today...

Button is out?!

dj_bytedisaster
24th March 2013, 09:07
Quite a fierce competition for donkey of the race today...