PDA

View Full Version : FIA vice-president Carlos Gracia banned for drink-driving

Zico
13th March 2013, 19:06
FIA vice-president Carlos Gracia has been banned from driving after he was found to be over the drink drive limit.
The outspoken Spaniard, who also heads his country's motorsport federation, was reportedly pulled over whilst in the Aragon region late last year where he failed a breath test.
A Spanish court has now revoked his license for eight months as this is his third driving offence. In 1966 and 2003 he was found guilty of 'dangerous driving'.
"We all make mistakes, and on that day I made one," said the 72-year-old.
"The police stopped me, I did not have an accident but my alcohol level was too high."
The news will not go down well within the FIA which runs its own anti-drinking campaign. Whilst F1 CEO Bernie Ecclestone has recently begun displaying banners at various circuits in support of the campaign.

FIA vice-president banned for drink-driving (http://www.gptoday.com/full_story/view/444391/FIA_vicepresident_banned_for_drinkdriving/)

Is this really a non-story? I'm surprised to see this has been kept so quiet in the general media. Embarassing for BE?

donKey jote
13th March 2013, 19:44
bunch of donkeys :dozey:
http://www.motorsportforums.com/chit-chat/157503-huhne-pryce-get-8-months.html#post1113901

millencolin
14th March 2013, 12:14
With the FIA's safe driving campaign, you would think that this would be enough to get the sack. But, as sport proves time and time again, logical decisions are rarely the ones taken.

N4D13
14th March 2013, 13:26
With the FIA's safe driving campaign, you would think that this would be enough to get the sack. But, as sport proves time and time again, logical decisions are rarely the ones taken.
Mr Gracia is Spanish - and, unfortunately, resigning is not part of our culture. I wouldn't expect him to be fired either.

donKey jote
14th March 2013, 16:28
The sack or resign? In Spain he'd need to be even more corrupt than the most corrupt of politicians, political party officials, or major businessmen... a mere traffic offense or two? forget it :rolleyes:
As for previous connections between F1 and corrupt Spanish politicians... look into Valencia :dozey: