PDA

View Full Version : first two races and look ahead

DavePI2
5th April 2007, 03:15
I must say this has already been a good start to this season, what with the new teams and rivalries. Porsche-Ferrari in Gt2(my favorite), and the great matchups in the prototypes. Only bad thing is no competition for corvette. Still though ALMS is continuing to get stronger and I for one can't wait for MidOhio. The field just grew another p1 for the next race so for those who like myself who belive the cars are the stars this is going to be a great year. Hope to see all ALMS fans at the keyhole in July.

David

P.S. Go #37

harvick#1
5th April 2007, 03:58
there are some things going on.

Autocon says they are gonna sell their old P1 Lola and appear to be getting a Creation.

Konrad Motorsport may get 2 Saleens and enter the GT1 class :D

also Racing for Holland may show up at Mid-ohio

BrentJackson
5th April 2007, 05:26
there are some things going on.

Autocon says they are gonna sell their old P1 Lola and appear to be getting a Creation.

Konrad Motorsport may get 2 Saleens and enter the GT1 class :D

also Racing for Holland may show up at Mid-ohio

Sooner the better, in all three cases. Let's hope Konrad beats the ****e out of the Vettes. Well, except at Mosport, you'll have a riot there if they get smoked. :D

Racing for Holland has never showed on this side of the pond aside from Sebring and PLM, IIRC. Cool to see 'em consider it. Oh, and where is the Pickett Lola again, and has anybody bought the other Dyson Lola.

Scuderia ferrari
5th April 2007, 14:06
Are they showing the first round on men and motors? I seriously hope so, but if not, where can i watch it?

salmo
5th April 2007, 20:02
Sooner the better, in all three cases. Let's hope Konrad beats the ****e out of the Vettes. Well, except at Mosport, you'll have a riot there if they get smoked. :D
I like the Saleens too but when they were running in ALMS I don't think they ever really got close to the Vettes. The Corvettes are just a dominating combination of speed and reliability, and you have to admire them for that.

BrentJackson
6th April 2007, 05:18
I like the Saleens too but when they were running in ALMS I don't think they ever really got close to the Vettes. The Corvettes are just a dominating combination of speed and reliability, and you have to admire them for that.

Absolutely I admire the dedication and pace of the C6-Rs and their crews, but it's getting boring when nobody else runs against them. Come on Franz (and Steve) get over here and let's see if a well-prepped S7-R can hunt those Detroit missiles...... :D

harvick#1
6th April 2007, 20:05
http://www.mariantic.co.uk/lmp/images/autoca6.jpg

:D

Sleeper
7th April 2007, 23:30
Absolutely I admire the dedication and pace of the C6-Rs and their crews, but it's getting boring when nobody else runs against them. Come on Franz (and Steve) get over here and let's see if a well-prepped S7-R can hunt those Detroit missiles...... :D
I think we'd need ORECA to bring a Saleen over to give the 'Vettes a run for their money. The last time Konrad run Saleens was in FIA GT's a couple of years ago and they were mid pack at best.

The Saleens getting a bit long in the tooth, its about time America had a proper Aston works team.

grassrootsracer
9th April 2007, 21:26
Harvick, do you have a link for a news story about Konrad running the Saleen? I'd love to see some competition for the 'Vettes as well, regardless of which team and what car.

Subaru WRX
9th April 2007, 21:42
Harvick, do you have a link for a news story about Konrad running the Saleen? I'd love to see some competition for the 'Vettes as well, regardless of which team and what car.
Harvick post about Saleen isn't wrong, true Konrad may enter 2 Saleens in GT1, but he must find gentelmen drivers who pay for a ride :D

trumperZ06
11th April 2007, 18:13
:D Bring em on !!!

;) We need some competition... even us Corvette owners find it boring to only have the C6-R's in GT1.

;) Luv the competiton in LMP2 between among the teams and Porsche vs. Honda. GT2's fun to watch... seeing those pesky GT3R's being chased by Ferrari's 430. Guess we are still waiting for BMW to catch up.

Funks
11th April 2007, 22:14
Long Beach is going to be 'interesting'. The race is only 1 hour & 40 mins right? :s
Not sure that these shared weekends are a good thing but we'll see.

Erki
12th April 2007, 10:10
Yep, heck, even 2:45 seems short to me. All races should be 4 hours with Road America and Laguna 6 hours, plus Sebring and PLM. And damn how I'd love to see an ALMS 6 hour race at Watkins Glen... :(

Knocker69
12th April 2007, 12:19
Konrad ran GT2 Porsches at Sebring this year. I doubt that they'll bring Saleens over.

BrentJackson
12th April 2007, 18:58
And damn how I'd love to see an ALMS 6 hour race at Watkins Glen... :(

Grand-Am has the Six Hour date, but perhaps a Watkins Glen 1000km would work well...... :)

DavePI2
19th April 2007, 12:07
Autocon has now pulled their entry from this weeks race. I hope they will be back with either the lola(if they haven't sold it)or their new creation soon.

David

BrentJackson
25th April 2007, 20:04
I'm sure they'll be working on the Creation, getting it ready for the next round.

Franz or ORECA, get those S7-Rs over here!!!

And Greg, where is that Lola, dude?

Erki
25th April 2007, 22:39
And Greg, where is that Lola, dude?

Greg's Lola should be back up and running at next event. They broke bell housing at Long Beach and probably felt like skipping Houston to do some testing would do good.