PDA

View Full Version : Banned Members

EuroTroll
5th March 2013, 15:25
I see that young Joey Zyla has already achieved what I never have: banishment.

Might one inquire as to the whyness?

Or, if one mightn't, could we at least know if he's been banned permanently or temporarily?

EuroTroll
5th March 2013, 16:07
Might one inquire as to the whyness?

Or, "into the whyness", rather. :)

Jag_Warrior
5th March 2013, 17:31
The first rule of Fight Club is: You do not talk about Fight Club.

pino
5th March 2013, 18:11
The first rule of Fight Club is: You do not talk about Fight Club.

And 2nd rule is : Do not ask about Fight Club. :p :

EuroTroll
5th March 2013, 18:23
Well, it's just a pity, you know. :(

I do hope his ban is temporary.

steveaki13
5th March 2013, 18:35
I wondered as well.

I know he made mistakes in that thread, but he is young and clearly believes strongly in his views.

Maybe it was a bit soon to ban him. Hopefully its only a temporary Ban. :(

Right now I have said all that I look forward to posting again after my Ban is served. :wave:

henners88
5th March 2013, 18:46
If I am correct members with temporary bans don't have 'banned' tagged under their names. You only have banned displayed when it is permanent. I may be wrong :)

steveaki13
5th March 2013, 19:18
If I am correct members with temporary bans don't have 'banned' tagged under their names. You only have banned displayed when it is permanent. I may be wrong :)

How do you know this stuff Henners. Dont tell me you have experience of these things. :eek:

henners88
5th March 2013, 19:28
Oh no I've never been banned apart from the temporary one a few of us got back in 2009 when a couple of people begrudged Jenson winning his title lol. I remember Pino or Mark explaining the banning system :)

Mark
5th March 2013, 19:41
The reason is simple. Previously banned members are not permitted to return except with my permission.

steveaki13
5th March 2013, 19:43
Oh no I've never been banned apart from the temporary one a few of us got back in 2009 when a couple of people begrudged Jenson winning his title lol. I remember Pino or Mark explaining the banning system :)

Well I know St.Devote weren't one of you. ;)

henners88
5th March 2013, 19:56
So joey was a previously banned member? Wow revelation lol can you hint as to who it might be? :D

Tazio
5th March 2013, 20:09
The reason is simple. Previously banned members are not permitted to return except with my permission. :s ailor: http://i46.tinypic.com/hv9ul3.gif :beer:

EuroTroll
5th March 2013, 20:21
Man! I would have sworn he was legit, i.e. a 13-year-old from the States and a new member!

henners88
5th March 2013, 20:22
In situations where banned members come back under a different alias, how do the mods know they are the same person? Are there settings they can check like IP addresses etc? Serious question for my curiosity? :)

EuroTroll
5th March 2013, 20:27
In situations where banned members come back under a different alias, how do the mods know they are the same person? Are there settings they can check like IP addresses etc? Serious question for my curiosity? :)

And what if two people - say a father and a son - use the same computer? Might not the sins of the father fall on the son? ;)

Mark
5th March 2013, 20:57
IP addresses can give a clue but we never rely on that. The reality is that certain members who wish to keep returning have specific posting styles and despite them trying to look like someone else they are reasonably easy to spot ;)

gloomyDAY
5th March 2013, 21:32
Who was it? :D

donKey jote
5th March 2013, 21:59
I thought the tone was familiar after a few posts :p

steveaki13
5th March 2013, 23:14
What harm would it do to let us know? Its a mystery we could try and solve.

6th March 2013, 01:56
I don't understand where the silly accusations come from, who is this other member who I "act like"? :confused: I have no idea, I don't appreciate false accusations. What "proof" do you have? :rolleyes:

Tazio
6th March 2013, 02:32
Dude :confused: just repent :arrows: probably too late now :rolleyes:

6th March 2013, 02:33
Repent for what? :rolleyes:

Tazio
6th March 2013, 02:37
Witchcraft :eek: ;)

6th March 2013, 04:34
I'll miss you, EuroTroll. ;(

EuroTroll
6th March 2013, 06:32
Dude :confused: just repent :arrows: probably too late now :rolleyes:

Good, was it? I'm sorry I missed that. :D

gadjo_dilo
6th March 2013, 08:39
IP addresses can give a clue but we never rely on that. The reality is that certain members who wish to keep returning have specific posting styles and despite them trying to look like someone else they are reasonably easy to spot ;)
I confess that sometimes I'd like to register again under other nickname and see if anybody notice. :devil:
Now I know it would be in vain.....
My grammar mistakes and limited vocabulary will betray me.

EuroTroll
6th March 2013, 08:42
I confess that sometimes I'd like to register again under other nickname and see if anybody notice. :devil:

I confess that sometimes I'd like to register again under another nickname and see if anybody would notice. :devil:
My grammar mistakes and limited vocabulary would betray me.

:p :p

henners88
6th March 2013, 08:47
:laugh:

gadjo_dilo
6th March 2013, 08:53
I also confess that I wrote "would notice" then deleted "would".

Now that I see my english is so terrible I'll post less.

henners88
6th March 2013, 09:02
You speak better English than I do gadjo most of the time. :)

I do hope we haven't created a clique by discussing poor Joey's dismissal lol.

EuroTroll
6th March 2013, 09:03
Now that I see my english is so terrible I'll post less.

Oh, come on. ;) It was just a little jokey-wokey. :D Your writing is always coherent, which is the main thing. :up:

gadjo_dilo
6th March 2013, 09:19
You speak better English than I do gadjo most of the time. :)
Thanks God you can't ever hear me speaking.
I'd be arrested for violent assault on your ears. :laugh:

Your writing is always coherent, which is the main thing.
Oh, thanks. That's what I call a sincere encouregment. :devil:

EuroTroll
6th March 2013, 09:19
I do hope we haven't created a clique by discussing poor Joey's dismissal lol.

Actually, one of the things I appreciated about "Joey" was that he wrote immaculately. Spelling, grammar, and punctuation - all fine. Many native speakers don't take the trouble to write properly. I'm sure they are able to - they just take the easier way and write sloppily.

I still think it's a pity he's banned. I do hope he repents, as the Doc suggested, and Mark allows him back.

EuroTroll
6th March 2013, 09:20
Oh, thanks. That's what I call a sincere encouregment.

It was! :)

Mark
6th March 2013, 09:20
Apparently I'm an evil dictactor! :vader: :D

henners88
6th March 2013, 09:24
You've got to hint Mark, don't leave us hanging lol ;)

gadjo_dilo
6th March 2013, 09:28
Actually, one of the things I appreciated about "Joey" was that he wrote immaculately. Spelling, grammar, and punctuation - all fine. .
And I appreciated he was quite active in the "brain" thread. :devil:
Although never believed he's so young.

EuroTroll
6th March 2013, 09:31
Although never believed he's so young.

I did.. :erm: I thought he was just a bright kid! :up:

If it turns out he was actually some old geezer, I'll feel slightly violated. :erm:

gadjo_dilo
6th March 2013, 09:33

Yeah, following the bloody line of Idi Amin, Bokassa, Pol Pot.....

EuroTroll
6th March 2013, 09:35

I just refer to you as "the tyrant". ;) :D

gadjo_dilo
6th March 2013, 09:37
I did.. :erm: I thought he was just a bright kid! :up:

Naah.....The only bright kid on the forums is you. :laugh:

EuroTroll
6th March 2013, 09:38
Naah.....The only bright kid on the forums is you. :laugh:

Thank you. :cheese: Though hardly a kid at 31 years old. ;) :laugh:

henners88
6th March 2013, 09:42
Admirer alert :p

leighton323
6th March 2013, 09:42
Speaking of age, is there actually a limit, I think I was only 14 or 13 when I joined ha

gadjo_dilo
6th March 2013, 09:43
Thank you. :cheese: Though hardly a kid at 31 years old. ;) :laugh:
I wasn't talking about your biological age. :crazy:

EuroTroll
6th March 2013, 09:50
Admirer alert :p

Yes, gadjo and I love each other, don't we? :love: :D

EuroTroll
6th March 2013, 09:51
I wasn't talking about your biological age. :crazy:

True. My mental age is 10. :D

gadjo_dilo
6th March 2013, 09:58
Yes, gadjo and I love each other, don't we? :love: :D

True. My mental age is 10

Yeah, I have always loved kids. :laugh:

EuroTroll
6th March 2013, 09:58
Yeah, I have always loved kids. :laugh:

:laugh:

Tazio
6th March 2013, 10:12
Joey's last coherent request during his meltdown was for a hug from ET, no kidding. :(

EuroTroll
6th March 2013, 10:20
Joey's last coherent request during his meltdown was for a hug from ET, no kidding. :(

Well, let's hope this story has a happy ending. Confess and repent, Joey! Mark is a good guy, and he knows people make mistakes. There might be a future for you on this forum, yet. ;)

airshifter
6th March 2013, 10:32

I'm not sure your grammar would betray you. Being that English is a second language for many here I admire the fact that people have a second language and ignore such small errors regardless. I know only a little here and there of other languages to get by when I travel, so I'm not about to give anyone a hard time for not perfecting their second or third language. The people that know only English probably deserve some grief at times for such things, but with people typing on phones and such they sometimes just don't bother to keep everything up to their best standards.

As for any accent, short of talking to you on the phone I can't gauge if I would understand you better or worse than your forum posts. But that also falls true with people speaking English. When in the UK and Ireland I ran across a few people that I had no idea what in the world they were saying, but now and then I'd hear a clear word of English!

Like my neighbor says, and I agree with....

There are bilingual, trilingual, and Americans. :)

gadjo_dilo
6th March 2013, 10:39

Does it mean you know him? :confused:

Or is he......you, Doc?????!!!!!? :devil:

EuroTroll
6th March 2013, 11:00
Does it mean you know him? :confused:

Or is he......you, Doc?????!!!!!? :devil:

I think the Doc just happened to be online when Joey posted something under the name "alyZ yeoJ", which was subsequently deleted. ;)

gadjo_dilo
6th March 2013, 11:01
I'm not sure your grammar would betray you. etc.....)

Problem is that I repeat the same grammar mistakes/wrong spelling/verbal tics. I'm sure those whose first language is English may make the difference and understand it's me. In my mother language I can easily detect who's who after the "literary style".

6th March 2013, 11:22
Well, let's hope this story has a happy ending. Confess and repent, Joey! Mark is a good guy, and he knows people make mistakes. There might be a future for you on this forum, yet. ;)

What is there to confess? I'm still yet to find out who I was accused of being!

6th March 2013, 11:27
EuroTroll, y u no trust me? ;(

EuroTroll
6th March 2013, 11:29
What is there to confess? I'm still yet to find out who I was accused of being!

So you're saying you're not a previously banned member? You are who you say you are? D'you know, I personally would believe that, as I actually did get the impression that you were new here.

Big Ben
6th March 2013, 11:29

what are you up to? :p :

and how come you have only 223 posts... did it reset? :laugh: :p :

EuroTroll
6th March 2013, 11:30
EuroTroll, y u no trust me? ;(

I'll certainly give you the benefit of the doubt. ;)

6th March 2013, 11:32
I love you, EuroTroll. :D

EuroTroll
6th March 2013, 11:32

Easy now! :laugh:

6th March 2013, 11:33
So you're saying you're not a previously banned member? You are who you say you are? D'you know, I personally would believe that, as I actually did get the impression that you were new here.

Exactly! To me that accusation came absolutely out of the blue, I was honestly confused (and still am). :confused:

Maybe my rant yesterday was a bit hard on Mark, I mean it must be hard to control such a popular website. On the other hand, I don't think my posts having "a similar tone" to those of another member should result in me being banned, especially considering how many members this forum has had!

EuroTroll
6th March 2013, 11:41
Exactly! To me that accusation came absolutely out of the blue, I was honestly confused (and still am). :confused:

Maybe my rant yesterday was a bit hard on Mark, I mean it must be hard to control such a popular website. On the other hand, I don't think my posts having "a similar tone" to those of another member should result in me being banned, especially considering how many members this forum has had!

Mark must have been sure though, or he wouldn't have banned you... But sure or not, we all make mistakes. ;)

henners88
6th March 2013, 11:42
what are you up to? :p :

and how come you have only 223 posts... did it reset? :laugh: :p :
No I've only ever made 224 posts in 5 years. ;)

6th March 2013, 11:43
If someone tells me who I'm accused of being, I'm sure I can spot the difference. ;)

Did this person even use proper grammar like EuroTroll pointed out that I do?

gadjo_dilo
6th March 2013, 11:45

I bet ET doesn't know that during his absence we had an interesting thread on same sex marriages. :devil:

6th March 2013, 11:48
That's not what I meant, but okay. :p

henners88
6th March 2013, 11:50
I'm pretty sure you are about to be banned again Joey just to warn you. :)

henners88
6th March 2013, 11:51
This isn't Mark spicing the forum up is it? :p

pino
6th March 2013, 11:52
Sorry guys but party over :)