PDA

View Full Version : Easter Weekend

Hazell B
4th April 2007, 20:28
For us Brits it's a Bank Holiday weekend this week. Four full days off work for most people, and for once with sunshine already forecast with almost certainty :D

So, what's everyone up to?

schmenke
4th April 2007, 20:54
You have a bank holiday on both Friday and Monday?
We only have Friday off and I'll likely be working :mark:

Not doing anything special this w/end. Some of the in-laws are driving in from Deadmonton on Saturday to see the new wee-one.
The missus will be cooking a ham.
Me and Chloë will be munching on choco-bunnies :D

janneppi
4th April 2007, 22:01
In true spirit of this fest, i' might go looking for new eyeglasses on saturday, rest of the days will be spent on the sofa, not watching a live F1 race.

CarlMetro
4th April 2007, 22:32
Nothing on Friday, then I get two full days of peace and quiet because Sam and Ollie are off to the outlaws for Saturday and Sunday because I have two gigs to do. If the weather is nice then we're off to a local wood for a teddy bears picnic on Monday. Sam back to work on Tuesday but sadly my company insist that we take Tuesday off too :rolleyes: :p : so back to the grind for me on Wednesday :D

Brown, Jon Brow
4th April 2007, 22:38
British GT/F3 at Oulton Park for me :D Anyone else going?

J4MIE
5th April 2007, 01:07
Luckily for a change I get the day off on Sunday :D :up:

Storm
5th April 2007, 08:07
I am not happy as I don't have a holiday on Good Friday! (We had one last year but not this :s )

slinkster
5th April 2007, 10:19
I'm working on the friday and monday, which is a bit crap... it's been lovely the last two days and I've been tucked up in bed feeling poorly. I better be well soon.. I'll have all that chocolate to eat!!!

raybak
5th April 2007, 10:22
I'm heading to Bathurst for the 12 hour race. Hope to get some good photos. Will post them up next week. Apparently the Champ Car will get a run this year.

Will be interesting to see how Atko goes in the Subaru, partnered by Cody Crocker.

Ray
ps good to have 4 days off

Brown, Jon Brow
5th April 2007, 10:36
I'm working on the friday and monday, which is a bit crap... it's been lovely the last two days and I've been tucked up in bed feeling poorly.

Ohh bless!! :)

Christina
5th April 2007, 14:24
Will be interesting to see how Atko goes in the Subaru, partnered by Cody Crocker.

Dont forget Dean Herridge as well!! Be sure to say hello to him, very friendly boy our Dean..

Me? i've gotta work Saturday so it kinda screws up going away for the weekend, or i'd already be gone. Thinking about going away on sunday/monday to fly somewhere.. But it looks like rain and strong winds, so it might not even be flyable. sucks.

suzy m
5th April 2007, 20:46
I'm working Friday, Saturday and Monday. Just a normal working weekend for me. :\ Get extra money for working Bank Holidays so I've volunteered to work them all this summer so I can decorate and furnish my new house. :p

Easy Drifter
5th April 2007, 21:40
It is snowing. Fri off. Working the rest. Joys of owning retail.

Iain
5th April 2007, 21:50
I'm off work until Monday (not holidays, just my shift pattern), but I'd be better off working as I'm doing hee haw. :s

BDunnell
5th April 2007, 21:50
I am going to spend the weekend writing my book.

stevie_gerrard
5th April 2007, 23:09
I'm working Saturday, Sunday, Monday, its no rest for the wicked these days :p :

Donney
6th April 2007, 04:29
Free from Thursday to Sunday, I'll enjoy some of the local traditions and watch the F1

gadjo_dilo
6th April 2007, 08:38
Holiday from Saturday to Monday
Friday night: if I'm in the mood I'll go to the church for the procession of Christ funeral. The atmosphere is always impressive .
Saturday:- dyeing eggs, cooking lamb borsch, lamb roast and....don't know an english term for this dish; in the evening I'll watch the football derby Steaua -Dinamo; at midnight I'll go to the church for the resurrection ceremony and to take the light, then we'll knock the eggs and have the easter meal
Sunday&Monday: going to cemetery and share eggs and cakes with the poor, having numberless traditional "healthy " easter meals with friends and family.

Even if on Tuesday I'll have to go back to work the party continues because I'll celebrate with the colleagues. As usual we'll bring enough food and drinks to have a good time until next Friday.

Ian McC
6th April 2007, 09:20
Aaah, 4 days off and the weather is lovely :s mokin:

Looks like I will be out laying bricks! :D

Storm
6th April 2007, 14:15
Free from Thursday to Sunday, I'll enjoy some of the local traditions and watch the F1
Semana Santa!

Donney
6th April 2007, 18:47
Yep, I've actually enjoyed a procession which has left me completely knackered, but happy.

tintin
7th April 2007, 00:33
Four full days off work

If only. :(

viper_man
7th April 2007, 02:46
In true Easter Weekend style, Im working non stop. Morning til night every day.