PDA

View Full Version : gutted....

Allyc85
4th April 2007, 20:17
just sat down for dinner and noticed an envelope addressed to me that I hadnt seen. Opened it up and it had 2 tickets to the BTCC, happy days :D

Only it was for last sundays round at brands, mum had covered em up by mistake :( Just about rounds up a bad day!

BTCC2
4th April 2007, 22:57
Ouch!

Scuderia ferrari
4th April 2007, 23:29
Man.....i bet that hurt on the inside. I feel sorry for you, man.

tisme
5th April 2007, 00:00
just sat down for dinner and noticed an envelope addressed to me that I hadnt seen. Opened it up and it had 2 tickets to the BTCC, happy days :D

Were you not expecting them then?!?

Brown, Jon Brow
5th April 2007, 00:16
The important thing is that you survived. :)

thompp
5th April 2007, 09:56
it could have been worse, mate - it might have happened to me...!

Allyc85
5th April 2007, 17:36
lol thompp. I won them on a competition off of crash.net and tbh I didnt expect to win at all! Shes confessed, she knew they were brands hatch tickets but hid them because she thought I was going without her n she was jealous! But when she realised it was brands this weekend it was too late as I was in bournemouth! The air turned very blue!!

CarlMetro
5th April 2007, 17:40

Only it was for last sundays round at brands, mum had covered em up by mistake :( Just about rounds up a bad day!

Could have been worse, you could have paid for them ;)

Allyc85
5th April 2007, 18:44
aye thats the only thing that stopped me going OTT lol.

Steelrat
5th April 2007, 22:35
lol thompp. I won them on a competition off of crash.net and tbh I didnt expect to win at all! Shes confessed, she knew they were brands hatch tickets but hid them because she thought I was going without her n she was jealous! But when she realised it was brands this weekend it was too late as I was in bournemouth! The air turned very blue!!

She was jealous and hid them??? Your own mother???

P

Allyc85
5th April 2007, 22:44
yea mad isnt it! She can pay for the tickets and paddock passes for thruxton now :D

thetrooper_uk
6th April 2007, 12:41
It would have me reeling if that had happened to me. Make sure you always ask if you have post everyday from now on just to annoy her now and make her feel really bad about it.

SEATFreak
6th April 2007, 14:14
For the first time I have genuine sympathy for another member. Feel for you astraracer20.

Mine can be a bit of an interfearer - doing things for me I am happy to do myself - but she would never do anything as low as hide something so important to me out of jealousy or envy (which is just the acceptable face of jealousy).

I have two bits of advice:

1. Take absolutly no notice of thetrooper_uk. Asking for the post first to annoy her and make her feel bad is personally a bit risky as it may end up making your mum angry if she realised why you want the post first. I know for a fact mine would be angry if she knew I did something to annoy her and make her feel bad. Advice like that may say a lot for how much of an expert certain members are about matters of the heart and not the BTCC. :p :

2. Make your feelings known but without kicking off and making relations between you and you and your mum worse. Tell her there was no need to feel jealous and she could have asked you if she was going with you. Or was the tickets reserved for someone else? Even if it wasn't for her I think she would have understood if you had broke the news gently. No mum I think is naturally hurtful woman.

Never mind astraracer20. There will be another meeting at the famous Kent circuit this season.

thetrooper_uk
7th April 2007, 10:04
For the first time I have genuine sympathy for another member. Feel for you astraracer20.

Mine can be a bit of an interfearer - doing things for me I am happy to do myself - but she would never do anything as low as hide something so important to me out of jealousy or envy (which is just the acceptable face of jealousy).

I have two bits of advice:

1. Take absolutly no notice of thetrooper_uk. Asking for the post first to annoy her and make her feel bad is personally a bit risky as it may end up making your mum angry if she realised why you want the post first. I know for a fact mine would be angry if she knew I did something to annoy her and make her feel bad. Advice like that may say a lot for how much of an expert certain members are about matters of the heart and not the BTCC. :p :

2. Make your feelings known but without kicking off and making relations between you and you and your mum worse. Tell her there was no need to feel jealous and she could have asked you if she was going with you. Or was the tickets reserved for someone else? Even if it wasn't for her I think she would have understood if you had broke the news gently. No mum I think is naturally hurtful woman.

Never mind astraracer20. There will be another meeting at the famous Kent circuit this season.

I don't live with my mum and haven't for a long time. I just guessing you take things a bit to serious seatfreak. A small piece of advice move out from your mum,s and live in the real world. I take it you have never heard of sarcasim. :idea:

Allyc85
7th April 2007, 12:07
moving out seems a great idea. Maybe after my road trip to Belguim in september!

SEATFreak
7th April 2007, 13:30
I just guessing you take things a bit to serious seatfreak. A small piece of advice move out from your mum's and live in the real world.

I take it you have never heard of sarcasim. :idea:

I just have now! :laugh:

Maybe the reason why I take stuff seriously is this world is hardly full of reasons to consider if a barell of laughs? :idea:

I don't know how you could take life so lightly but their is absolutely no indication anywhere to me that stuff is one big joke for us to have a laugh over. If I hear someone has a problem that bothers him or her even slightly, forgive me for not keeling over in stiches first.

Allyc85
3rd May 2007, 22:17
HAPPY DAYS!! :D

Mum has just made up for this! She felt so guilty about what she had done that she phoned up the company and has got us free tickets for race day at Thruxton!!

Result!! :D

murrayfan
3rd May 2007, 22:26
HAPPY DAYS!! :D

Mum has just made up for this! She felt so guilty about what she had done that she phoned up the company and has got us free tickets for race day at Thruxton!!

Result!! :D
well done fella felt really gutted for you after brands :)

Allyc85
4th May 2007, 18:29
cheers mate! Tickets turned up this morning at 7.30am :D

One thing I noticed though is that theres no ticket stub on the end of them, next to where it says Sat, Sun. As long as we take the letter that came with the ticket itl be fine right?

MG2004
4th May 2007, 20:34
They don't do stubs at Thruxton - they punch holes in the bits that say Sat/Sun ... just like the good old bus conductors used to do.

I paid for mine (not jealous at all .....grrrrrrrr) and mine don't have stubs either.

Allyc85
5th May 2007, 12:11
Ah good stuff, I was a bit worried for a bit, roll on tommorow!