PDA

View Full Version : INDYCAR FANTASY COMPETITION (Info/Season Statistics)

drewdawg727
3rd March 2013, 03:25
I am continuing this new Fantasy Game here on the Motorsport Forums, which is very similar to what 16th & Georgetown ran in 2010.

The game is very simple. All you have to do before the race's qualifying session is choose ONE driver as your fantasy driver. After Sunday's race, you will get the same amount of points as that driver's finishing position. If the driver wins, you get 1 point, 2 points for 2nd, etc. At the end of the season, the player with the least points wins the competition.

The one very tactical and strategic part of this game, is that you cannot pick the same driver more than THREE times all season. So this game may come down to just a little bit of luck as well.

If you choose a driver before the race weekend and they are replaced (example, Charlie Kimball at Mid-Ohio last year), you would have gotten points for where Giorgio Pantano finished in the final results.

If you choose a driver before the race weekend, and they withdraw due to injury, or other reason where they are not replaced, (i.e. de Silvestro - Iowa/2011) you will get the average points of each session that the driver completes in one race weekend. So for example, you choose Ryan Hunter-Reay and he does 2 practice sessions and gets hurt in qualifying and the team withdraws his entry, his 2 practice session results will be averaged, and you will receive x points for that weekend.

If you accidentally choose a driver for the 4th time, I will write you a response informing you that you cannot choose that driver, and you will have the opportunity to pick again. In this thread, I will be keeping an active drivers list so you know exactly who will be competing each weekend.

If you do not submit an entry before the deadline (before qualifying session), you will automatically have the driver for the last GP chosen. If your 3-pick quota has been reached, then you will get max points for the event. If you join the competition late, the same penalty applies (26 points given at St. Pete, etc.)

When choosing your fantasy driver, you may either send me a private message with your pick, or more preferably, send me an email. I have created a special email address for this competition only that I will use exclusively, and which may be easier to communicate, say you accidentally pick a 4th driver and I need to email you back quickly.

Email address: [email:1v5z5m1q]azw1528@gmail.com[/email:1v5z5m1q]
Please write your forum name and your driver choice in your message.
I will be creating an excel spreadsheet with all of this compiled info, and will post 1 spreadsheet with your driver choices (so you can keep track visually) and a separate one with points standings after each race weekend.

You may start emailing/messaging at any time! Hope you all enjoy!

drewdawg727
23rd March 2013, 09:03
Driver picks thus far :
(Remember, can only pick a driver 3 times per season! Please refer to chart below for your prior picks).

http://i.imgur.com/z53wOmQ.png

drewdawg727
25th March 2013, 16:26
Season Standings:

http://i.imgur.com/wm5nQZK.png

drewdawg727
25th March 2013, 16:35
* standings updated for St. Pete

EagleEye correctly picks the winner for this race, scoring the best with 1 point!

Those that picked Power and Pagenaud (including myself) were hurt the most this week. However, it's a long season!

Thank you all for playing. Next round's thread to be put up momentarily.

drewdawg727
9th April 2013, 20:21
* standings updated for Barber, sorry for the delay.

HCN#3 picks Hunter-Reay for the win! Helio is now the points leader, with EagleEye moving up to 2nd place.

All picks made this week made the top 10 so great job on some good picks this week!

See you all at LB.

drewdawg727
27th April 2013, 00:01
* standings updated for Long Beach, again sorry for the delay. Am in the process of moving so it's been a hectic week of packing.

Looks like we all had another rough week, but myself and racegeek made some ground on those ahead of us and EagleEye is the new points leader!

I am working on some new things regarding the movement per race statistics in excel so bear with me and excuse me if you don't know where you were before last race.

drewdawg727
8th May 2013, 02:51
* standings updated for Brazil

Another tough week of picks, which seems to be the standard this season.

garyshell and austinthebruiser gained the most ground this week, however EagleEye (with his first secret pick of the year) managed to undergo damage control and score the least amount of points amongst their competitors this week and extend the lead!

Next up is Indy - where a wrong pick can land you a whopping 33 points!!! :eek:

drewdawg727
24th May 2013, 11:59
* Championship standings updated after Indy

HCN#3 correctly picks Kanaan for the win, and the top 3 seem to be pulling away from the rest of the players a bit. EagleEye retains the lead with only 37 points, and austinthebruiser moves up 3 positions to 8th place!

Good luck in Detroit everyone - remember that the Championship standings will be updated on Sunday after both races.

drewdawg727
3rd June 2013, 02:47
* Standings updated for the Dual in Detroit

austinthebruiser continues to make progress with two Mike Conway (pocket ace!) picks, and is now sitting 4th place in the championship. mr_swiss also had a good weekend is now a solid fifth place, while EagleEye has lost the lead to HCN#3 and craftygalinstl who have both overtaken EagleEye.

It is evident that a lot can change over the course of a week, so a good pick can get you a decent amount of points! It is getting a bit tougher now as some of you have maxed out on your driver choices, so choose wisely as we get in to the middle of this season!

Thank you all for playing.

drewdawg727
10th June 2013, 20:19
* Standings updated for Texas

No one picked Helio for the win this time around, but many players were able to pick good finishers. HCN#3 has found themself back in the lead again snatching it away from craftygalinstl.

Unfortunately, EagleEye continues to have a bad luck streak (after just leading the points 2 races ago), dropping down the championship order, with a lame duck pick of Scott Dixon this week. Hopefully, EagleEye can recover from an exploding gearbox and find their way back up to the top of the points standings again.

See you all in Milwaukee, thanks again for playing.

drewdawg727
16th June 2013, 10:44
* standings updated for Milwaukee

Well, unfortunately an unlucky weekend for our top two in the championship, as craftygalinstl just managed to squeak in a driver that finished in the top 10, and HCN#3 was plagued by Marco's alternator...this has allowed austinthebruiser to take the lead, as well as allowing garyshell, mr_swiss, and EagleEye to close in with their excellent picks this week, separating the top 6 by 15 points!

Also, honorable mention to slorydn1, jumping in to the competition this week and making a great pick in Helio! Great to see a new entry in to the competition, and hope maybe we can slide in a couple more by season's end!

Remember, as the season closes down, and you would like to keep your picks a secret from your competitors until the close of the thread (preventing them from picking the same driver as you and not allowing you to advance past them accordingly in the standings), you can send your picks via email! (see the OP in this thread for address). Picking in the event thread itself is still fine if you so choose.

Thank you all for playing and good luck in Iowa!

bricarr2
19th June 2013, 16:43
Errr.....thought Franchitti would have a better run at Milwaukee.

Anyway, for Iowa I'm torn between Hunter-Reay, who may be about to go a tear and Marco. Because, I think this will be Marco's best chance to get back in Victory Lane I'm gonna save RHR.

So I'll go with Marco.

Thanks for organizing this DrewDawg. Been a lot of fun, and hopefully I can get it right one of these weekends.

Who else going to be in Newton this weekend?

drewdawg727
24th June 2013, 19:45
* Standings updated for Iowa

Top 6 remain tight as the championship continues, with HCN#3 and mr_swiss having a rough week and dropping out of the top spots. austinthebruiser and craftygalinstl do well yet again keeping their front-running stride going, while granatelli and gm99 seem to be falling off the wagon a bit. Can the championship get even tighter with half the season to go?

Good luck in Pocono all!

drewdawg727
7th July 2013, 23:57
* Standings updated for Pocono

Well, not much movement in the standings this week as an overwhelming majority decided to pick Marco....only craftygalinstl really closed the gap to austinthebruiser in the championship by a few points.

Big loser this week was garyshell, who's pick of RHR plummeted gary 3 places down, making the battle for 4th place that much tighter.

Good luck at the two toronto heats!

drewdawg727
15th July 2013, 10:43
* Standings updated after the 2 in TO.

EagleEye has returned to a place very familiar : at the top of the standings. The championship standings are tightening up at the top once again, and I think it is going to be anyone's championship as we wrap up this season!

drewdawg727
5th August 2013, 23:30
* Standings updated after Mid-Ohio

For the first time in the game's history - there is no movement this week! EagleEye loses some ground from the lead, closing the gap between the top 8 even more. As we wrap up the season and crucial picks are unable to be made by certain players, it is going to be interesting to see how things pan out!

drewdawg727
28th August 2013, 01:14
* Updated results posted for Infineon

Those who guessed Power, Wilson, or Franchitti this week had a good finish. mr_swiss is the big beneficiary propelling from 4th to 2nd in the standings, whilst craftygalinstl with an unlucky week falls to 5th place.

EagleEye is getting used to holding the lead in this championship, very hard to unseat!

4 picks to go, so make them good ones!

Good luck to all in Baltimore.

drewdawg727
4th September 2013, 02:49
* Standings updated for Baltimore

Wow, the top 6 shook up big time this week! drewdawg727 picked Pagenaud for the win, springboarding up the standings this week. mr_swiss has taken the lead from EagleEye and overall it seems that it was a rough week for many of us.

Picks are getting harder as the weeks go on! These street circuits this season have proven to be quite a shakeup, so keep that in mind when making your picks - go wild!

See you in Houston for the next doubleheader which can really solidify where your season will end.