PDA

View Full Version : ALDI's new cut price phone plan and new BAUHN Smart phone

Valve Bounce
28th February 2013, 22:40
Aldi is going to have a new phone plan in Australia : Discount supermarket ALDI to offer cut-price mobile deals | Smartphone News & Reviews | News.com.au (http://www.news.com.au/technology/smartphones/discount-supermarket-aldi-to-offer-cut-price-mobile-deals/story-fn6vihic-1226587982694)

I think the pre-paid plan costs $35 and has unlimited local and interstate calls, unlimited text, and around 3 or 4 Gigs of internet, which is a bloody good deal.

Aldi's network will be linked to Telstra's 3G network, and I reckon will provide greater connectivity and service than my OPTUS network which doesn't even work in the building where I reside temporarily.

ALDI will also put on sale next Wednesday a new Smart phone made by BAUHN. For $199, you get a 5 MP camera which faces both front and back, jelly bean, dual core processor, dual sim card capability, 3G , 1 ghz processor, 1 year warranty, and a 60 day Satisfaction Warranty.

My reason for posting this is that it comes on sale on next Wednesday, and my daughter's birthday is due in 3 weeks, and she doesn't have a phone yet as she just returned to Oz, and I am considering giving this to her as her birthday present.

So I need all the feedback and advice I can get from you guys asap.

Daniel
28th February 2013, 22:42
Aldi is going to have a new phone plan in Australia : Discount supermarket ALDI to offer cut-price mobile deals | Smartphone News & Reviews | News.com.au (http://www.news.com.au/technology/smartphones/discount-supermarket-aldi-to-offer-cut-price-mobile-deals/story-fn6vihic-1226587982694)
Aldi's network will be linked to Telstra's 3G network, and I reckon will provide greater connectivity and service than my OPTUS network which doesn't even work in the building where I reside temporarily.

ALDI will also put on sale next Wednesday a new Smart phone made by BAUHN. For $199, you get a 5 MP camera which faces both front and back, jelly bean, dual core processor, dual sim card capability, 3G , 1 ghz processor, 1 year warranty, and a 60 day Satisfaction Warranty.

My reason for posting this is that it comes on sale on next Wednesday, and my daughter's birthday is due in 3 weeks, and she doesn't have a phone yet as she just returned to Oz, and I am considering giving this to her as her birthday present.

So I need all the feedback and advice I can get from you guys asap.

Give me a Lumia 520 any day of the week :)

Valve Bounce
28th February 2013, 22:44
Daniel, how much does a Lumia 520 cost here?

OK! it does not appear to be available in Oz at the moment.

Daniel
28th February 2013, 22:59
It's new and will cost 150-160 pounds and will be a much better phone.

Valve Bounce
28th February 2013, 23:20
It's new and will cost 150-160 pounds and will be a much better phone. OK! thanks for the info. Now does anyone know when the Nokia 520 phone will be available in Oz?

millencolin
14th March 2013, 12:12
i say go with the Aldi phone. I'm basing this on the assumption that your daughter is in her teens (if not, ignore the following), all teenagers lose their phones at one stage or another. It's as safe a bet as the sun rising from the east tomorrow or Will Power losing the championship in the final race of a season, it's bound to happen.