PDA

View Full Version : Getting Started In Karting

@TheOneRace
28th February 2013, 08:33
My name is Josh Semple. I am 15 years old, from Cape Town, South Africa. I am wanting to start karting in Cape Town, and I don't know what to do or where to start. Would I need to join a team, and if so, how? Or would I have to start on my own. If the latter, I would need sponsors, as my family is not able to support all the costs. Any feedback is greatly appreciated. Shot.

heliocastroneves#3
28th February 2013, 23:54
My name is Josh Semple. I am 15 years old, from Cape Town, South Africa. I am wanting to start karting in Cape Town, and I don't know what to do or where to start. Would I need to join a team, and if so, how? Or would I have to start on my own. If the latter, I would need sponsors, as my family is not able to support all the costs. Any feedback is greatly appreciated. Shot.

Hi, I've done karting my self with some success but I can guarantee you that it's not worth even think about serious karting, when your family cannot support you with the costs or when you don't have personal contacts here and there which are involved in the sport. I had to stop with it because the costs were increasing that much that my family and I could not pay for it anymore. I'd wish you the best of luck, and I hope that you might meet someone today or tomorrow, who wants to give you a chance in their karting team.

Nem14
12th March 2013, 23:58
Find the local karting track. Go there. Talk to people.

Racing, even karts, is one of the more expensive hobbies one can pursue.

There is essentially no sponsorship to be had when entering karting. Once established as a front runner, there may be some sponsors you could pursue.

Sponsorship is about advertising. You have to show a potential sponsor that through your racing you can sufficiently increase the sponsor's sales to more than justify the $$$'s the sponsor gives to you.

essie
30th April 2013, 16:11
Karting is a great way to get into motorsport but as nem14 says head down to Killarney and get involved its a goo start