PDA

View Full Version : Who do you think will win the 2013 Australian Grand Prix and why ?

BDuncan
25th February 2013, 15:25
Who do you think will win the 2013 Australian Grand Prix and please say why ?

Tazio
25th February 2013, 17:07
It's a little early for me to say. Here is what is going on in the betting world:
Australian Grand Prix Winner Betting Odds | Motorsport Betting | Oddschecker (http://www.oddschecker.com/motorsport/formula-one/australian-grand-prix/winner)
I'm not very surprised that Lewis is the favorite bet at 22/1 by early punters. I might put a 10er of that action for myself. ;)

Zico
25th February 2013, 17:26
Hmm...
Anything could happen but If pushed I'll go for Vettel.
The Red Bulls will most likely have very good aero once again, which when combined with the more fragile tyres than last year means they could/should be especially strong out of the blocks over the full race distance... maybe! :p

EuroTroll
25th February 2013, 17:44
Perez. Why? Because God told me so. :p

pino
25th February 2013, 17:44
Alonso off course :p :

steveaki13
25th February 2013, 18:09
Which ever driver has enough skill to keep it on the black stuff, while driving the fastest car that doesn't break down.

And that could be Vettel.

EuroTroll
25th February 2013, 18:54
Which ever driver has enough skill to keep it on the black stuff, while driving the fastest car that doesn't break down.

By Jove, I think you've found the secret recipe for success! :D

N4D13
25th February 2013, 22:24
I'm going with Vettel, only because the Bulls are looking mighty in testing. I think that they will have the fastest car for most of the season, although I wouldn't expect them to dominate as they did in 2011 or even the last part of 2012.

rjbetty
25th February 2013, 22:41
I was going to say Button but since he's being fussy over balance again, despite having what seems more of a faster car than last year :mad: I guess Vettel, followed by Alonso and Perez.

I don't Lewis is going to be in it really.

dj_bytedisaster
26th February 2013, 00:20

The one who crossed the line first, because he covered the pre-set distance in the least amount of time.

Sorry, just had to do it :P

keysersoze
26th February 2013, 01:36
By my record keeping, of the 8 testing days, so far a Mercedes, Ferrari, Lotus, and McLaren have each led the timesheets twice. All 8 of those teams' drivers have been quickest.

So I'm going with Webber. :p

EuroTroll
26th February 2013, 05:14
The one who crossed the line first, because he covered the pre-set distance in the least amount of time.

Ah! Another forumer has cracked the code. I just hope Ferrari don't find out about this. :uhoh: :p

steveaki13
26th February 2013, 07:40
Hard not to see past Red Bull. I think they are going to have a very fast car this year and could well pummel everyone over the course of a season

Robinho
26th February 2013, 09:38
Could just be Button again, he won the last race of last season, and 3 of the last 4 Aus GP's, but I have a feeling Nando could be the one this year, I don't expect Red Bull to dominate this year, they are unlikely to have a qually advantage and will have to race through the field again

Sent from the moon using a shoe

Firstgear
26th February 2013, 16:35
Alonso off course :p :
So after Alonso went off course, did he get stuck in the gravel, hit a barrier, or get back on track to finish out of the points somewhere? :p

I'll go with Webber - the sentimental (home town) favorite.

Donney
26th February 2013, 16:42
I say Alonso, because the Bulls will be fast and mighty but they'll find trouble with the engine mappings, The Mcs will be good but not able to fully understand the car, Lotus won't be as good as they were in the pre-season testing and we never know if Kimi will decide to find an alternative track, and the Mercs won't make it to the podium.

Tazio
26th February 2013, 17:39
I'm not ruling out a Hamilton win with Slash getting a podium. That will require a wet race however. :bulb: ;)

gloomyDAY
26th February 2013, 17:59
Perez because he's part of my FGP.

airshifter
26th February 2013, 20:49
Kimi.
researching alternate researching alternate lines as passing zones!

airshifter
26th February 2013, 20:55
Easy one... Kimi will win.
He spent the last race there researching alternate lines as passing zones!

N. Jones
27th February 2013, 00:07
The top six will all take each other out in the first corner, allowing 7th place Roman Grosjean to take his first ever win.

kfzmeister
27th February 2013, 03:39
How could one possibly predict a winner? RB has had reliability issues and the mapping will set them back some. McLaren is not consistent. Lotus is fast, Ferrari is better than last year. Mercedes lacks downforce.
I'll tell ya what i'm already fed up with, is that dumbarses like Prost say that Vettel will win his 4th title already. Really? How can you possibly know this?

Koz
27th February 2013, 12:31
How could one possibly predict a winner? RB has had reliability issues and the mapping will set them back some. McLaren is not consistent. Lotus is fast, Ferrari is better than last year. Mercedes lacks downforce.
I'll tell ya what i'm already fed up with, is that dumbarses like Prost say that Vettel will win his 4th title already. Really? How can you possibly know this?

Skepticism is an extremely depressing school of philosophy. Sometimes a chill pill is in order.
But then again, I couldn't possibly know that.

henners88
27th February 2013, 14:28
I don't think anybody would be surprised to see Vettel make it 4 titles in a row. He's done 3 and with very little changes to the regs its not stupid to consider he may well do it again. Call it an educated guess based on a number of factors.

As far as the Oz GP goes I think it'll be Button because he has recently started season's very well before the car starts evolving. My guess is Button. :)

Tazio
27th February 2013, 16:14
I'll tell ya what i'm already fed up with, is that dumbarses like Prost say that Vettel will win his 4th title already. Really? How can you possibly know this?I don't know how Prost can draw that conclusion about RB except it is a safe bet. He has also suggested that Kimi and Rogro may be in the hunt. Here are two reasons said what he said IMO:
1) He wants to go on record as not being bitter before/if it happens.

2)
and why not an outsider like (Lotus’s Kimi) Raikkonen or (Romain) Grosjean?” Prost’s son Nicolas is a development driver with Lotus. :dozey:

rjbetty
5th March 2013, 02:01
I am looking forward to the new game. Does anyone know if the steering has been improved? The cheese is looking watery which is a shame, since I can't get my comb to switch on these last few days. Even then, the book is pretty light at times.

Would anyone be interested in purchasing one of my chocolate map books? Please visit my link.