PDA

View Full Version : Project CARS/Rally??

Astro83
18th February 2013, 02:46
Hey!

I'v heard rumors that the dev of project cars (the game) will make a real rallysim that will compete with the old and awesome RBR for the crown!

Has anyone heard any more info about SMS :s status on this new rallysim??

Bruce D
18th February 2013, 05:51
I wouldn't hold my breath on that one. Firstly they are still developing Project Cars, secondly although everyone says the graphics are amazing (and all screenshots suggest that too), you will need a very high end pc to run it well and the physics apparently leave a lot to be desired. Its a big talk to claim to be the next RBR when RBR's biggest drawcard was the physics.

Astro83
18th February 2013, 16:00
Okey Bruce! I have a very high-ended pc so that's not a problem but It's sad to her that the physics in Project Cars is bad.... Thats one thing SMS is talking very much about, that the game will be extremly realistic and so on...

How some, we really needs a modern and autentic real rallysim now, I hope that they will develop and that they will succeed!

WRC 3 was a big joke, not even a update or a patch for now so that ****ty game is erased from my computer and thrown in the garbige....

lcd
24th February 2013, 10:21
...WRC 3 was a big joke....

WRC3 Is maybe not exactly what rally fans expected (In some aspects), but definitely not a joke...It's quite decent and has set the base for a much better WRC4.

Astro83
24th February 2013, 14:27
We will see... They cant even make an update for pc so the game will work?? They only put together arcade dirt 3 look alike stuff, they do an arcadish, childish carreer mode... But as I say, the dont bother to make the game to work, not a patch or an update yet??? Milestone sucks, they dont have what it takes, no money and so on... WRC 4 will also be a ****ty game.. Im very dissapointed!

teamleader
3rd March 2013, 16:26
Rally Championship was the **** looong time ago :)

Bruce D
4th March 2013, 08:51
Rally Championship was the **** looong time ago :)

+100000000 :D

Yeah, if that game had had the right physics people would still rave about it now.

Hazza555)
20th March 2013, 04:29
Apparently Rally is not going to be apart of Project CARS anymore. It will either be DLC or it's own standalone title.

I'm hoping for the latter...

Astro83
20th March 2013, 19:46
Yea me to but I think it will take years sadly! :(

Hazza555)
21st March 2013, 07:40
This is from the wikipedia page on pCARS:

"The community agreed it's better to remove rally racing at the current time, in order for it to receive appropriate attention. The team intends to create a rally simulation that will rival Richard Burns Rally (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Richard_Burns_Rally), which despite its age, is still very popular amongst sim racing rally fans. After taking a vote, Ian Bell (head of studio), decided the development team would consider designing rally racing as DLC or as a standalone product (or both) 3 months before Project CARS ships.[6] (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Project_CARS#cite_note-rally-6)"

I can't access the source because I am not a member. If anyone here is, this is the link WMD Forum (http://forum.wmdportal.com/showthread.php?1032-The-direction-of-Rally&p=285823&viewfull=1#post285823)

15th May 2013, 23:54
pretty good game

TheFlyingTuga
21st May 2013, 16:01
As a rally sim purist I still love RBR! All the other rally games are entertaining but not hardcore sims! Some of them looks more of a childish thing, but that's important in bring new people to the sport as well!

I really hope SMS studios develop a good game, even if the physics in pCars are not yet there (still a developement product). But most important of it all, is that a future sim have the capability of putting new stuff in game. I don't mind paying for DLC packs, if they are good enought, but they have to let the comunities be able to create new content for the game. That's what makes RBR the king. A game developed in 2003, with only 8 cars, have right now more than 200 rally cars from different classes and eras. If you search the web, there's probably not many cars lack from 2000 to the present.

Hopefully, we receive a new Rally sim in the near future, and hopefully many content from RBR could be passed on. Some developed cars in RBR right now are fantastic! Even game developers think that, because a few years ago, two of my team mate had the possibility to go to WRC Wales with the developers of WRC the game (tthey won the Kuipers livery challenge), and the developers protest that they had extract the 3d model of the game. When my friends told them that was a free mod for RBR, and show them the RBR 3D model, the coment was... well, that was better than theirs! And the modeller did it for the passion of the game...

Hazza555)
21st May 2013, 22:35
Hopefully, we receive a new Rally sim in the near future, and hopefully many content from RBR could be passed on. Some developed cars in RBR right now are fantastic! Even game developers think that, because a few years ago, two of my team mate had the possibility to go to WRC Wales with the developers of WRC the game (tthey won the Kuipers livery challenge), and the developers protest that they had extract the 3d model of the game. When my friends told them that was a free mod for RBR, and show them the RBR 3D model, the coment was... well, that was better than theirs! And the modeller did it for the passion of the game...

True though, the RSRBR Fiesta model is miles better than the one in WRC3

giedriusr
1st June 2013, 14:14
As a rally sim purist I still love RBR! All the other rally games are entertaining but not hardcore sims! Some of them looks more of a childish thing, but that's important in bring new people to the sport as well!

I really hope SMS studios develop a good game, even if the physics in pCars are not yet there (still a developement product). But most important of it all, is that a future sim have the capability of putting new stuff in game. I don't mind paying for DLC packs, if they are good enought, but they have to let the comunities be able to create new content for the game. That's what makes RBR the king. A game developed in 2003, with only 8 cars, have right now more than 200 rally cars from different classes and eras. If you search the web, there's probably not many cars lack from 2000 to the present.

Are you talking about 3D simulation or more like management based game?